Hotel Il Convento
US$ 191
US$ 149
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Europeo & Flowers(Naples)(Great Value!)
US$ 74
Grand Hotel Europa(Naples)(Great Value!)
US$ 119
US$ 90
Agoda.com
US$ 156
HotelsClick
1,019 results
All reviewsspanish quartervia toledochurch bellsnarrow streetsjunior suitequaint hotelprivate terracewalking distancestreet noisetop floormain sitesevery morningreal naplessmall liftquartieri spagnolimini barpastries
Reviewed 22 March 2012

So let me preface by saying my Napolitano (from naples) friend said "Do not stay in the Quartieri Spagnoli!" I called and even talked to the guy at the front desk, who assured me it's safe.

I went out at night with no problems at all. Even though I speak Italian, I'm very tall and blonde. Everyone knew I was foreign. There were nice people, great food, and lots of things near by to see. Europeans exaggerate about terrible neighborhoods. That said, it's still a good idea in any foreign city to do basic stuff like watch your valuables, and not entertain strange people that approach you.

Don't let the neighborhood scare you from this hotel. It's very interesting and very well situated.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmerinMilan
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I read all the scary Naples reviews, almost cancelled, then changed my mind. Stayed in the "worst section of town". Rode the worst pickpocket bus ever (R2). Walked through noisy, narrow streets to this rough looking hotel. Opened the door to warm friendliness, great service, a fantastic room and the best Italy breakfast of my whole trip. Neighborhood was fun, really loud and interesting. Great restaurants, too.
This hotel was the best deal of my trip. I would not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Taxi will get you close. R2 bus will get you within 200 yards. Do watch for pickpockets. Use money belt and all the usual tricks. If slow ask for upgrade.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank travelinman_CA
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This isn't a boutique hotel in a quaint part of Naples, it's a shabby hotel in a seedy district. It was very conveniently situated, with friendly staff, though they could have been more specific about the risks of taking the Number 2 bus to the Station - my wife had her purse stolen and when we returned to the hotel, the guy on reception said'I bet it was on the No 2 bus!!! A bit late - eh?!

Breakfast was a pretty disappointing affair, though the coffee was good. The tinned fruit salad with oranges costing 3 euros for over 2 kilos in every supermarket, seemed a missed opportunity. The Junior Suite was a pretty unattractive room on the top floor with an uncomfortable sofa. There was a balcony that would be pleasant in warmer weather.

The stuffed cats in a basket on the staircase just about said it all for the style of the place.

I think we overestimated the Trip Advisor feedback and should have realised that at the price they charge, we should not have expected more than we got.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sandj123
hotelilconvento, Proprietario at Hotel Il Convento, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear Sir,
We are very sorry that you did not appreciate your stay at our hotel.

Our is a small hotel in a simple style and I can understand that may not meet the appreciation of all.

The junior suite has the peculiarity to have a private terrace that makes it very popular from spring to autumn, it's the reason why in winter is sold at a very affordable price.

But the thing I most regret is to read about the bag stolen on the bus (the exact number is R2, but you can understand that sometimes it is easy to mispronounce a letter when you do not speak in your own language).

However, I hope you've enjoyed Naples and have been able to enjoy all the attractions it has to offer.

Best regards,
Maria Chiara Mastrogiacomo

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Stayed here one night in July 2011. The hotel concept was really cool: it is an old convent transformed into a hotel. The hotel provides free breakfast as well as free wifi (in certain parts of the hotel). The hotel staff was excellent: they gave us a great recommendation for a pizza place, called us a cab very early in the morning, and spent 15 minutes giving us directions to the attractions on the map. Very reasonable price for the night as well! Definitely recommended if you're looking for a quiet hotel in an otherwise very noisy city.

Room Tip: Get the hotel staff's personal recommendations for restaurants! You won't regret it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VTZackMorris
Reviewed 4 December 2011

The rooms were clean, bathroom clean although the shower was very tiny. The beds were decent and our girls had their individual beds in the loft above which was well lit - enough for them to work on their respective computers. I wouldn't recommend the loft for young kids - there is just a railing and the ceilings are very high. There is wi-fi which came in very useful. Breakfast and the coffee was decent. There were cookies to nosh on at all times of the day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The elevator worked fine during our trip. There is a convent nearby and their bell ringing will wake you up early. The street outside is narrow and crowded but very safe and there are good restaurants in the vicinity. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms above via Esperanzella are quite noisy. Our room above the side street was much quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family