“Located in the historical centre” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Europeo & Flowers
Ranked #45 of 189 Hotels in Naples
Espoo, Finland
“Located in the historical centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

I chose this hotel after having read several reviews of Tripadvisor - and because of its price and excellent location in the historical centre. And it definitely was a good choice.
If you arrive to the central station, it's quite simply to arrive to the hotel. Just cross the Garibaldi Square and go the the left corner of it, cross the road (be carefull!) and you'll arrive to Corso Umberto I. Walk along the rigtht side of the street until you'll see the two statues of sphinx (University). Turn on your right to Via Mezzocannone, pass supermarket Carrefour (on your left), walk until you see a coffee bar (niche in the wall), with the walls covered by graffiti - might look quite awful, but don't worry, there's University on the opposite side of the street... Cross the street. On the right there's gate, push the buzzer and open the gate. Turn to left and push another buzzer, give your name and enter. Take the lift to the fourth floor.
The room was clean and you could open the window or close it completely with wooden window shutters. There was air condition, too. For one person the room was ok, but I think it was a double room (double bed), and for two people (especially with two big suitcases!) it had been really too small. The bathroom was spacious. When you want to get out, you should push another buzzer on the left, a white buttom on red on your left side before the gate.
You'll find the "Spaccanapoli" (pedestrian street) with its shops around the corner when you continue up the street, and the fantastic churches, monasteries and the famous archaeological museum are within walking distance. Here you can really feel something of Neapolitan lifestyle and have a lot of choice of nice pizzerias, coffee bars and restaurants. On Piazza de Gesu Nuovo there's tourist information, there you can ask free maps with information about the public transport.
The only discomfort in the room was the smell of cigarette smoke entering from the other rooms sometimes, especially in the evenings. For the guests having asthma or other problems it really could be a serious problem. Otherwise, the hotel was calm and safe and I enjoyed my stay.
You can go to the airport by bus, but if you choose to take taxi, you just ask it at reception, and it will arrive in a couple of minutes. The fixed price was 19 € ( June 2012).

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Meryem66
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

We had a great time staying in this hotel. the hotel is very clean, well kept, staff professional, and in a very convenient location. Convenience is probably more relevant. We enjoyed our stay

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank courtney k
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

This hotel is right in the midst of the Old City. Most major attractions are easily walkable from here. It is a bit tricky to find the entrance to the hotel which is well hidden behind gates and buzzers. Service was excellent and the room brightly painted and clean.
Once inside you felt very secure. I had my birthday while here and a courtesy bottle of wine was left in our room as they had noticed the birth date on my passport.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weatherlakes
Frankfurt, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Me and my husband did not have a possibility to use our booking because when we arrived they told us that all rooms are busy! I showed my printed reservation from booking.com but the reception tried to pretend that this booking does not mean a lot and that I had to call them by phone personally in order to confirm my stay. This is of course nonsense, because why would I need then to use booking.com? I would just reserve on the phone.
I think because we arrived at 11:30pm, the Hotel decided that this is no-show and to keep our fee plus give the room to other people in order to have double charge. Btw, I called before specifically to check if the reception is open 24 hours, because I knew we would arrive at 11:30pm. But it was not written anywhere that I should confirm my reservation.
Given that it was 11:30pm and given that the receptionist saw that I am advanced in my pregnancy, he called the owner and managed to arrange our stay in the other hotel of the same ownership: Hotel Executive. I insisted of course that the fee for the room should be the same as in our booking and that our transfer by taxi should be covered by the Hotel. It required some time to negotiate these self understandable conditions and at the end the Hotel agreed to cover the transfer fee (only 8 euro!)
At the end we were lucky because Hotel Executive is much much better in terms of location, room quality and service. We decided to cancel the booking at Hotel Europeo for another night and to stay in Hotel Executive. Given that the price difference is minor, I would definitely recommend to book straight away Hotel Executive- even though it belongs to the same owner!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TravelFrog789
GiovanniVerdolino, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Europeo & Flowers, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear madam,
We are sorry for the inconvenience with the booking, and with any problem caused, we pray you to believe in our good faith when we say that the problem was not that you came late but we made a mistake with the reservation.
But promptly we solved the problem, rebooking your room in another near hotel belong to our group at the same condition, at the same time providing at the transfer, all in the less time possible to avoid too much trouble , when, unfortunately, happen something wrong.
We are glad that you had a good stay at the hotel Executive,
we hope to see you again here to have the chance to change your opinion.
Sincerely
Giovanni
Hotel Europeo Napoli.
Port Talbot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Location Is the main thing to be said for this value for money hotel. I found the hotel spotlessly clean. Everybody was helpful and welcoming. My room was comfortable, with plenty of space and a good shower. It faced in towards the quadrangle and very little noise came from the streets outside. Beware, this is not a hotel for people with mobility problems. It is placed in the centre of the Centro Storico in Naples, right next to the University building. There are an abundance of small cafes, restaurants and bars nearby. Lots to explore. Narrow streets and splendid piazzas, full of interesting shops and historic sites. I found the atmosphere in the area friendly, although very busy by day. I was glad of the tips offered by other reviewers. Including the use of the Alibus from the airport to the Piazza Garibaldi and using the same ticket to continue the journey on the R2 to the University. The “BAR” sign was obvious past the handy little Carrefour on Via Mezzocannone. Once in the covered quadrangle the neon sign for Hotel Europeo can be seen and the buzzer for the gate, with another buzzer entrance at the end of the alleyway. Spot the buzzer for going out from the hotel a little way down this alleyway. There is a small tourist office a little way from the hotel in Piazza del Gesu Nuovo.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo