“Heaven!”

Ranked #5 of 108 Bakeries in Naples
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 5
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In Porta Capuana since 1837, Carraturo represents the artigianal cake and pastry production of Naples. Specialized in Sfogliatelle Ricce (cruncy), and Sfogliatelle Frolle (soft), Baba with rhum, Pastiere and all what neapolitan traditions provide. Artigianal Gelato, as well, represents one of the focuses of the production.
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Tasted the tiramisu, must try! From the freezer so icey/semifreddo taste. Bellissimo! Also small cannoli and baba were nice :-)

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 11 January 2017

I was originally born in Naples, on my first time back after I initially left as a young teenager (now 49) my first visit upon my return was to Carraturo. It was incredible as everything tastes just like 35 years ago. I had to be dragged out of there or I would have practically eaten everything in sight.
The place is right in the historic part of town where you can appreciate the beauty of arquitecture and of the folks that live there.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

The first good impression of this bakery were the nice people working there and the locals that were rotating in & out buying goodies. Sfogliatelle was my mission in Naples and the bakeries here didn't disappoint.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank Kimmie K
Reviewed 26 November 2016

We wanted to taste the shell-shaped Italian pastry sfogliatella with some espresso and we thought it was delicious. We sat in front of the eatery but most locals simply order their food as takeaways. The place is in the heart of the historic centre so grab some sfogliatella or baba with whipped cream which is even more delicious and watch the tourists walk past and the locals go about their business. Price is very reasonable. Watch out for beggars and pickpockets, as the area is notorious for petty crimes.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 26 April 2016

I recently visited a gelateria in Piazzetta Nilo in Spaccanapoli with a similar name and gave it a review thinking that it belonged to the same family (Carraturo) that owns this gelateria in Corso Garibaldi near Via Casanova. I was wrong. This gelateria, i.e. the Antica Pasticceria Carraturo" was the same one (across the old Cinema Gloria) where my father used to take me almost every school day in the early 50's for cappuccino e cornetto before saying good bye for the day (he to work and I to school). I have gone back to visit my hometown at least once a year for the last 40 years and, when I can, I always stop here (last time in December 2015). It was great then and it is still great now. More than that, it is part of my life memories. Saluti Sig. Vittorio.

Date of visit: December 2015