“Give a try” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #87 of 188 Hotels in Naples
Rome, Italy
“Give a try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I do not like to give troubles to friends even if they do have spare room at home so for a really short break I preferred one night at this hotel, close to my friend's place
I was there with one of my best friend (a girl) and being on a budget we selected the room with french bed; we thought that for one night could be ok
and really it was!
We booked on their website where we found a very good offer if prepaid, which we did
The place is easy to reach from the main railway station. Take line M2 to Pozzuoli on platform 4 and get off at 3rd stop and simply cross the little square
The hotel occupies the 4th and 5th floor of a very nice building (like the entire neighboorhood). The lift is not very big.
The sign on the door says 3 people with no luggage or 2 with luggage... I say: it depends on which kind of luggage you have :P
We were "welcomed" (not very smiling indeed) from a guy who checked us in and give us the key for room n.8 on 5th floor
The room was spotless and the bed was...french size but ok
Bathroom clean, with many towels and amenities
Only to point on curtain to the shower instead of glass (must be careful not to split water all over while showering)
Sleep was of really good quality, not too much noise even if it was Sat night and Piazza Amedeo looked VERY busy
Smiling people serving breakfast
we saw someone having cornflakes and milk and bread instead of pastries that we had so think they are ready to supply special needs
we could checked out and leave the buggage and when we got back to pick it up we were greeted by the owner, a very nice old lady who was interested to know our opinion on the place
as we told her: we will back for sure!!!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on 5th floor to be sure to not be bothered by noise of breakfast or checkin/out
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mosci68
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights recently. If you are looking for a hotel in a nice location in Naples this is certainly one to consider. The lifts were out of order when I was there, so I was glad I'm young and fit, otherwise the 4th floor night have been a bit daunting after hours walking around.

The hotel is within 100 yards of the metro, linea 2. It is also near chic shopping areas, and not too far from the more historic areas, from what I could gather. The staff are pleasant, though I had little to do with them. Breakfast was perfectly acceptable, 3 pastries, juice and a coffe - I dont know what else you could expect. I went for a room a level up from the basic. It was very clean & spacious, comfortable bed, nice old furnishings, high ceilings & big windows. A view of the sea, but a view of lots of buildings too!

I'd definitely recommend the hotel - for what you are paying I would find it hard to believe that you would find better by way of room size & location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

This hotel has nice rooms, but that's about it. My companion and I paid for a double for two nights with complimentary breakfast, and when we checked out there were an additional three coffees on the bill. The reason is, only one coffee is included in your breakfast, and if you want more, it's an extra 2.40 euro.

They charged me for an extra coffee, even when my companion didn't have her breakfast that morning. (We had paid for a double.) How cheap! Had I known coffee was extra, I would have skipped breakfast entirely, and gone to the coffee bar on the block that is 1 euro cheaper for coffee and has better pastries! I found this behavior tacky for a "nice" hotel.

To top it off, their breakfast is not good. The pastries are old and stale and the sfogliatelles are made in very old, refried oil.

In summary, find a hotel with a friendlier front desk that doesn't count your morning coffees.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mangokiwi999
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

We booked this hotel for our first three nights in Italy and stayed in room 13. It was a great way to ease us into the experience of Naples and we were really happy with our choice. We liked the neighbourhood and the location of the hotel in relation to transportation. Also, the staff were helpful. I will say that I hadn't been sure if we would need the air-conditioning in September (so I hadn't asked for it with my booking), but let me tell you, we were back at the desk asking about AC within our first 5 minutes in the room. The windows are amazingly soundproof, but we also enjoyed having them open to watch the teenagers gather by the dozens in the piazza below. I would recommend this room without hesitation. It was large and very comfortable. We liked this hotel so much that we decided to book it again for our last two nights. I think we ended up in room 15, a smaller one. It was OK, but the bathroom wasn't great - didn't look or work as good as the other one. The breakfast staff were very, very friendly and we didn't mind the breakfasts themselves. For the rate and the location and compared to what I think we would have found elsewhere, I'd say that the Pinto Storey is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: We loved room 13 with the view of the piazza. It's a huge room, big bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BethandDave101
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

We have stayed at the Pinto Storey on several occasions during the past few years. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, reasonably priced, and the staff is quite warm, friendly and knowledgeable. If you know something about soccer in Seria A the staff will be very glad to talk with you about it. Breakfasts are abundant with local pastries and good coffee. The neighborhood is lively, very well-positioned regarding public transportation in the city, and a perfect location for starting your walking adventures in Naples. Rooms with a view are nice, but the others are just as comfortable. Good local restaurants with delicious food of the local cuisine. Be prepared to taste all the locally made mozzarella and give your opinion, as it is the subject of a great deal of passion! We hope to go back soon!

Room Tip: Rooms with seaside view are less noisy.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business