“The best BnB in Europe, if the not the world!”

Atmosfere del Centro Storico
Ranked #3 of 741 Naples B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Having never visited Italy before, let alone Naples, I was apprehensive and unsure of what to expect on arrival. I needn't have been. The moment I arrived at Atmosfere del Centro Storico it felt as though I had come to stay with my long lost Italian family. My partner had cycled to the city from Pisa and had arrived unplanned a day early, but this was not a problem. In fact, by the time I arrived the following day, he had made great friends with our wonderful hosts. Who, by no means of exaggeration, are two of the most welcoming, affable and generous people I have ever met. The apartment itself is lavishly decorated, with huge decadent rooms that are spotless, comfortable and incredibly glamorous. Antiques, daybeds and fringed cushions adorn every room bequeathing us with the sense that we'd just stepped into an aristocratic 18th century Italian parlour. Finally, I must say that the breakfasts were just astounding with abundant Neopolitan delicacies, enough fresh fruit, juice and coffee to feed a family of seven, and earnest entreaty's claiming "There is more! What else can I get for you?" We have fallen in love with Naples and I'm sure that this is more than partly due to our wonderful stay here. I cannot recommend Atmosfere del Centro Storico more, the entire stay was a wonder and unbeatable in terms of value, comfort and location. The first thing we will be doing on our return home is planning another imminent trip!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

This B & B was a great find for us on our brief visit to Naples. The host and hostess are very friendly and accommodating. We were served juice on our arrival and given the tour and some great food recommendations. The location is great for getting around or for seeing sights and was easy to get to from the airport. Our room faced the main street but noise was not even a consideration given the four layers of doors and windows that separate you from the outside. And the room stayed nice and dark in the morning. Air conditioning in the room worked great and makes it possible to sleep with the windows closed. One major highlight of our stay was the breakfast in the morning. Great food brought to your room whenever you like in the morning. Overall, this is a great place with good food and the best hosts available.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff G
Reviewed 22 April 2012

It was a great experience to stay in this B&B. The hosts were so friendly and helpful. It really made you feel home. Incredible!!!

I didn't do much research before I got Napoli. However, the hosts offered many ideas of sightseeing and even checked the timetable of the train to Pompei for me. I remembered the first day I was late and I thought maybe not much to see. Thanks to the hosts that I did visit many sites in my first night in Napoli!!!

I was a bit sick during the trip so needed hot water. The host lady was so nice that always prepared hot water for me. I really appreciated for this! Also great breakfast and even some snacks prepared in the nights.

Not to mentioned the fabulous apartment...It was just like in the photo but much more pretty! I remembered the first tour of the apartment, I kept making the sound of WOW! So really impressive place!

I stayed some B&B but this one will definitely be the best. You will never feel like a stranger but like a friend with them!!!!!!! Highly recommend!!!!!

The host lady really cared about my need when the first time I mentioned I want tea. She showed all the collections of tea and also asked me for a list for famous Asain tea that she will like to treat for the guests. I think the host really pay attention and efforts to make people feel home while stay. So I recommend her Oolong tea (烏龍茶), Jasmine tea (茉莉花茶) and Green tea (綠茶). :)

Overall, it is sooooooooo great and soooooooo worth to stay!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: every room looks fabulous!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Togigi
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My wife loves antique furnitures and tend to book such locations
The hosts are very friendly and served us water and juce when we arrived late with our rented car
It was really a special designed room, espacially the bathroom. I have never seen something similar, but that is the way wealthy people used to live 150 years ago.
Without the TV set, I would need some time to ensure myselfe that I live in the 21 century Breakfast is served on a special trolley with silver cutlery and nice plates.
We felt like Kings

(By the way: You really need strong nerves and a good GPS if you decide to rent a car and drive in Naples yourselve)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hirsch72
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We spent 5 nights there in January. Mario and his wife are excellent hosts. The rooms are large, the location is central and their recommendations are excellent. We fell in love with Naples and the Amalfi Coast because of Mario. And we must now plan a visit to Croatia due their suggestions. We were sad to leave but felt like we had found lifelong friends. Go often and stay long.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple