“Wonderful treat”

Ranked #13 of 161 Dessert in Naples
Neighbourhood: San Ferdinando
Neighbourhood: San Ferdinando
Reviewed 19 June 2018

The sfogliatella was wonderfully done, with light and flaky layers and great taste. We visited based on a Rick Steves' recommendation and was fearful, when we saw another stop a couple blocks away...a street stand, that was overflowing with tourists...only to be welcomed at Pintauro with a small crowd and friendly service. A must stop when in town.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

The title says it all: I had an awful lot of sfllogliatellas while in Naples and for me this is the absolute best! The filling was incredibly balanced, didn’t taste excessively citrusy, and it has less cinnamon than the others I had. Pastry is absolutely gorgeous: golden and crispy, perfectly layered and not too greasy.
I don’t know if they always do this, but mine was taken out of the oven just some minutes before I popped in so it was still warm (making it even better).
Baba is drizzled with syrup to order so it’s not excessively wet and alcoholic (as opposed to the others I had where the strong taste of alcohol nearly got my tipsy).
The cake itself is soft and tender with a bubbly flesh and golden exterior. The best I’ve had to.

I vividly recommend a visit to Pintauro!(also because the shop is rather picturesque)

Reviewed 26 February 2018

All pastry shops at Napoli are very, very good. Some are specialized on certain types of sweets, despite the fact you can find great sfogliatelle and babàs all over the city.

Excellent place for a coffee and a sfogliatella.

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Checked it another day for baba (1.50euro) and a couple of other things to take, the average price per piece is 2 euro. I would say, it was not extremely good, there are a lot of better places. Merengue was not dried inside, and the choice of sweets is not that big.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Love the setting of this restaurant which is very intimate, cozy and contemporary setting. I really enjoyed the seafood here which was fresh, also some delicious meats on the menu. Had a great romantic night here with my wife.