“Amazing stay in Mamela Hotel”
Review of Hotel Mamela

Hotel Mamela
Ranked #23 of 40 Hotels in Capri
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

At the end of september me and my boyfriend discover this wonderful place in the heart of Capri. It was one minute walking from the centre but in the same time we could enjoy a nature and silence.
Every morning we were waking up with breathtaking view on the sea. Excellent and delicious breakfast served on the tarrace also with beautiful view on the sea. Walking we could reach most beautiful and trendy beaches in Capri. And trust me, that walking was pleasure for the eyes. Personell really professional and always kind. Hotel well decored in every detail. Very clean. We will come back there for sure! Hotel strongly recommended! Thank you Mamela!

Stayed: October 2016

Reviewed 5 October 2016

This hotel is a beautiful one. However the furniture is quite cold, as is the reception and the overall management. Personnel is not well managed, not always helpful (except the cleaning ladies) and needs better supervision. Also a lot of noise in the hotel, not only due to poor isolation (you can really hear every noise...), but also for example the glass dustbin is being emptied at 8 o'clock in the morning to wake up the city view site of the hotel.
Also the city side of the hotel looks at old furniture and dust bins of the hotel... not really pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for pool/sea side, but much more expensive.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephane H
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

It's a beautiful hotel and the rooms are big. The shower is great and big. I didn't get after view, and was woken at night by the dumpster. Most importantly, the level of customer service needs improvement. I was Travelling alone on my birthday and when you do so you notice how a hotel treats you, Whilst no one was unkind, I didn't feel that the hotel was set up to assist 'non-regular' guests. Nor did it provide adequate detail for me to feel comfortable staying only two nights. There was no Room Service menu, no hotel instructions or welcome guide on arrival. I would have expected a manual or list of hours for room service and food. This is a very basic service you find in any hotel. I wanted room service at a late hour but I wasn't sure if it was still operating because there was no instruction/detail or book telling me what to eat and when! Not a big deal you say, just call reception and find out you say? Well when you are on an isolated island spending a fortune, this level of detail affects the quality of your stay. On two occasions, I asked for a map of the island. I had only one full day and wanted to do as much as I could. The receptionist told me to come back the next day for a map. The Map deliverer guy had failed to provide enough to the hotel apparently....but when I came back to reception the next day the maps still weren't delivered. I had to go to a nearby hotel and beg them for one. Not an ideal situation but they had plenty! Maybe I should have stayed there? The hotel is away from the touristy marina and its hard to locate a tourist office where the hotel is located. I asked the receptionist if a boat ride could be booked to go around the island. They said it would cost 190 euro!!! I'm sure there were cheaper options, but they weren't prepared to help me. This is not the level of service I would expect from a hotel of this calibre. If you are not a regular my suggestion would be to find a better hotel in the area, and one that provides proactive service, and a room service menu!

Stayed: September 2016
1  Thank JohnWillisRIchards
Reviewed 28 September 2016

The hotel was very nice, small and quaint with excellent service, breakfast and pool. The location is perfect and views outstanding. I had my laundry done daily and it was always returned by the evening. Housekeeping was excellent. Very clean

Room Tip: Make sure and book a ocean view room. It is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is charming with nice size rooms and pretty sea views with balcony. Very clean hotel and comfortable beds and linens. Nice pool (but it's not heated) and plenty of chaise lounges on sun deck. Friendly check in and front desk happy to make dinner reservations for us. Hotel is in a convenient location on a quiet side street off Via Camerelle. Easy access to/from the Piazzetta (main square) 7-10 min walk. Boutique style hotel, our rates included breakfast which had a few American style options including eggs and bacon. There is not a full restaurant at hotel just breakfast service. TIP -- Give your suitcases to the Capri porters (blue tent) at Marina Grande upon arrival. We did and 45 minutes later they were delivered to our room. Hotel will add service to your bill. Much better option then carrying your bags all the way to hotel on cobble streets of Capri!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family