Hotel Mamela
La Minerva(Capri)
Hotel La Vega(Capri)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskwhite marblepool areayour luggagethis wonderful placebeautiful propertybeautiful poolincluded breakfastbalcony overlooking the seaminute walkblue grottonice roomstayed here for nightsstunning viewsevery morningislandeuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

It's a beautiful hotel and the rooms are big. The shower is great and big. I didn't get after view, and was woken at night by the dumpster. Most importantly, the level of customer service needs improvement. I was Travelling alone on my birthday and when you do so you notice how a hotel treats you, Whilst no one was unkind, I didn't feel that the hotel was set up to assist 'non-regular' guests. Nor did it provide adequate detail for me to feel comfortable staying only two nights. There was no Room Service menu, no hotel instructions or welcome guide on arrival. I would have expected a manual or list of hours for room service and food. This is a very basic service you find in any hotel. I wanted room service at a late hour but I wasn't sure if it was still operating because there was no instruction/detail or book telling me what to eat and when! Not a big deal you say, just call reception and find out you say? Well when you are on an isolated island spending a fortune, this level of detail affects the quality of your stay. On two occasions, I asked for a map of the island. I had only one full day and wanted to do as much as I could. The receptionist told me to come back the next day for a map. The Map deliverer guy had failed to provide enough to the hotel apparently....but when I came back to reception the next day the maps still weren't delivered. I had to go to a nearby hotel and beg them for one. Not an ideal situation but they had plenty! Maybe I should have stayed there? The hotel is away from the touristy marina and its hard to locate a tourist office where the hotel is located. I asked the receptionist if a boat ride could be booked to go around the island. They said it would cost 190 euro!!! I'm sure there were cheaper options, but they weren't prepared to help me. This is not the level of service I would expect from a hotel of this calibre. If you are not a regular my suggestion would be to find a better hotel in the area, and one that provides proactive service, and a room service menu!

Stayed: September 2016
2  Thank JohnWillisRIchards
Reviewed 28 September 2016

The hotel was very nice, small and quaint with excellent service, breakfast and pool. The location is perfect and views outstanding. I had my laundry done daily and it was always returned by the evening. Housekeeping was excellent. Very clean

Room Tip: Make sure and book a ocean view room. It is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is charming with nice size rooms and pretty sea views with balcony. Very clean hotel and comfortable beds and linens. Nice pool (but it's not heated) and plenty of chaise lounges on sun deck. Friendly check in and front desk happy to make dinner reservations for us. Hotel is in a convenient location on a quiet side street off Via Camerelle. Easy access to/from the Piazzetta (main square) 7-10 min walk. Boutique style hotel, our rates included breakfast which had a few American style options including eggs and bacon. There is not a full restaurant at hotel just breakfast service. TIP -- Give your suitcases to the Capri porters (blue tent) at Marina Grande upon arrival. We did and 45 minutes later they were delivered to our room. Hotel will add service to your bill. Much better option then carrying your bags all the way to hotel on cobble streets of Capri!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent location with beautiful views. The rooms were spacious and extremely clean . The service was excellent. The breakfast buffet was limited but fine , and served on a lovely patio with. Reach taking views. I can't wait to return to the Mamela!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

We had an amazing stay at the Mamela Hotel. The perfect combination of contemporary and traditional.

The pool area and views are fantastic, and the rooms are very big.

If I had to say anything negative, it may be that the reception staff are somewhat cold and not overly welcoming. This could, however be more of a culture difference (as being British it's well known that we're overly polite..)!

Nonetheless I'd still 100% recommend!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple