Hotel Mamela
Hotel della Piccola Marina(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$ 446
US$ 225
Orbitz.com
US$ 531
  • Breakfast included
La Residenza Capri(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$ 423
US$ 400
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Relais Maresca(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$ 277
US$ 268
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel 'A Pazziella(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$ 267
US$ 495
Excellent 5/5
US$ 490
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskwhite marblepool areayour luggagethis wonderful placebeautiful propertybeautiful poolincluded breakfastbalcony overlooking the seaminute walkblue grottonice roomstayed here for nightsstunning viewsevery morningislandeuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2008

This hotel was very pretty, had a beautiful pool area (that we didn't get to use because of weather) and a nice breakfast spread. The room was large and clean and the location was pretty good (about a 10 minute walk from the main piazza in Capri town) The only thing that made the stay less than excellent was the snooty front desk staff. They were somewhat helpful, but it always felt like we were putting them out. It was like pulling teeth to get real information from them. I would still reccomend the hotel because it was a very nice room in a good location.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank suzt
Reviewed 17 March 2008

I stayed here with two friends in July '07. We had a large, clean room on the 3rd floor. The room was so spacious with a bedroom, living room and dining room area, big bathroom, and porch with a table and chairs. We did not have an ocean view, which I would recommend because the interior view isn't that great.

The hotel staff was very friendly. The pool is nice too. I've read other reviews about kids being loud at the pool. There were some kids there, but I didn't mind. I guess I just expect that kids will be there and have the right to enjoy the pool too.

The location is great....about a 5 minute walk to the main square....up a small hill. The bus service is a great way to get around town. I would recommend calling the hotel ahead to have them pick your luggage up from the marina. Cars/taxis cannot go directly to the hotel. They will drop you off near the main square but you'll have to walk the rest of the way. With our bags, it was a little difficult especially because we didn't know where we were going.

While in Capri, I would recommend taking the chair lift to the top of the island. The view is incredible and they have a bar/cafe/snack area to sit and enjoy the view.

I recommend this hotel and will stay at it again if I go back to Capri.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2007

This hotel was " breath of fresh air" after a shocking experience in Positano.
I booked four rooms for a group of eight and was pleased with the accommodations. The hotel is well-located, has a nice lobby and is run by a professional front-desk crew.
We were given two "suites" or upgraded rooms for the price of less expensive rooms. The rooms are charming and clean. There have not been any recent updates, but this was not a problem for us.
They helped me arrange a transfer from Naples dock to the train station.
The breakfast buffet was nice and well-stocked, and even better- included in the room price.
Although I read in a previous review that the pool area was loud, I did not find this to be the case. We were able to swim later in the day in complete privacy- very nice.
I spoke with a very nice gentleman from California in the lobby who brings his family to this hotel year after year. I would come again as well and would recommend it to friends. It seems to be well-priced for Capri- which can be a little "pricey".

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Evelyn S
Reviewed 22 August 2006

This was our third stay at this beautifully situated hotel. We have loved all previous visits and have recommended it to friends. It is located just a 5 minute walk from the main square with beautiful views over the Farraglione rocks.
Sadly on this occasion we were disappointed with the service.
Perhaps when things start to go wrong you notice other problems. The lock on the room door was faulty and we spent some time standing in the corridor whilst various members of staff appeared with different keys. A hefty push finally got us in but nothing was done to solve the problem so we always had difficulty getting into the room. The front desk had in the past always been very efficient but we spent some time waiting around and found the clerk on duty part of the time to be surly and unhelpful.
The air conditioner in the room leaked and left a trail of water across the room.
We had a suite on the top floor - this was light and airy but there was no table and chairs on the very large roof terrace - only two sunbeds and no umbrella or sun shade.
In the past we had found the lack of a written menu at lunch to be idiosyncratic but not a problem as staff explained what was on the menu. On this occasion the first time we went to lunch the staff member did not speak english, was impatient and was unable to descrbe the choices so we opted for the only thing we understood. On the second occasion we were left for 15 minutes after being seated and eventually left - unnoticed by the same member of staff who seemed to scurry about but do very little. Other tables were served efficiently by other staff. I do not expect staff abroad to speak english but if there is no written menu you do need to understand the choices.
I too found the swimming pool very noisy, but there are plenty of places to sit in the lovely grounds away from the pool.
This is a good hotel in an excellent location - I just hope that our experience on this occasion was a fluke and that the management get a grip both on on Service and on the maintenence issues - if they havent already done so.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yorky2003
Reviewed 27 July 2006

We love Mamela. It has one BIG negative, however. Namely, lots of kids at the swimming pool, all day, despite notices in every room saying that children are not permitted in the pool area after 1:00PM. Management says the rule is flexible. Translate that to mean "forget it". Since we like the beach clubs, the pool is not a big problem for us. If you plan on quiet, lazy days, by a lovely pool, once again, "forget it".

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank gotlegal