“View. Food. Ambience. I could never go wrong at Al Capri! ”

Ristorante Al Capri
Ranked #70 of 124 Restaurants in Capri
Price range: US$ 23 - US$ 58
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I consider myself a globe trotter and journey maker! Have been to 167 countries so far. One of my favorite places to visit is the island of Capri, Italy. 6 years ago, I came back to Capri with some friends. The intention was to stay for 2 weeks... I ended up staying for 3 months! I fell in love with Capri, it’s island charm, and especially the local people. Beautiful friends I’ve made there! I was back in Capri again this last July. It was like nothing has changed! The only exception perhaps was the total new renovation to AL CAPRI Restaurant... my local favorite!!!! Whether lunch, supper, sunset drinks or a late nightcap and conversation, Al Capri never disappoints!!!!! The view is one of the best on the island! The food is exquisite and fresh. Grilled fish or grilled prawns highly recommended!! Pizza from their own brick oven is also amazing. And fresh homemade pasta dishes. Oh... Don’t get me started on the wine! Well-stocked cellar. Wonderful selection to quench any palate. Last but certain not least... the staff and owners are wonderful. Lovely. Friendly. Knowledgeable. Attentive. I walked in unannounced of my visit, and one of the waiters remembered meeting me 6 summers prior. Unbelievable! I guess I also left an impression. HA!! If you’re in Capri, drop by Al Capri. Say hello to Massimo and Enzo for me! You’ll be well taken cared of! Promise. Cheers! -SL

Reviewed 12 October 2017

My husband and I had a pizza and one bottle of wine and it cost us 52 Euros. They did not inform us up front that there was a 2.50 E fee per person just for being there plus 18% tax of some sort. They were not very friendly. Would never go to this restaurant again even though it has a great view.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Pizza with sausage and broccoli (broccoli rabe) and a salad to share with two beers and a bottle of water, $55E. Pretty typical of anyplace in Capri it seems for lunch. Most all have the cover charge, anywhere from $2 to $5 euro a person. Service charge can be a turn off. Food was decent. I wouldn't not eat there again, but would probably try someplace else just for the experience.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

The view and the food are ok, but we left feeling ripped off due to all the extra charges.

This restaurant is right by the bus and taxi stand so attracts day trippers but sadly this means they don't try too hard and there is no excuses for the service charges and other extras that appeared on our bill.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

If you like small wine pours, and if you enjoy being billed 5 euros for coperto, AND an additional 15% computed with the coperto already added in, this is your place. Expect to pay over 48 euros for two glass of wine and one eggplant parmigiana.

Good view.