All reviews locked gate the main square train station fresh rooms firm mattress rooms are nice an enjoyable stay location is fantastic base for exploring nice breakfast continental breakfast yogurt stayed here for nights carlo terrace breackfast pompeii
Reviewed 21 June 2017

The host was very kind and super helpful with recommendations and guidance for our time in Sorrento. Spacious and fresh rooms with comfortable beds. Great location. Nice breakfast with excellent croissants

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Carlo Antonino L, Proprietario at La Magnolia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

only the best for our guests and we are always at their disposal; I thank you for being guests of Magnolia

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed with another couple for 6 nights. The location cannot be better, just off the square but far enough away not to be too loud. The room we had was the Capri which had no balcony but a large window that faced out on to the street. Just lovely. The windows are double glazed and are very sound proof so no problem with any street noise. The air conditioning was invaluable too. The bathrooms were small but because Carlo's renos are great they are very comfortable. We had breakfast on a balcony near the entrance and it was lovely. It is worth pointing out that if you have breakfast in the square you usually pay about 15-20 euros so It's saving you money having it there. The advice and help provided by Carlo and Jenni was great. They were very helpful, friendly and knew everything that we needed help with. We had previously stayed at a flat another 10 minute walk and our friends had stayed at a villa at Vico Equense some 20 minute drive away. The issue with that is that everything you want to see, restaurants you want to stumble out of are all within a 2 minute walk of this place. Invaluable and easy. See you in 2 years Carlo and Jenny. Thanks for having us.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank eamonnp789

A fantastic review, thank you very much and thank you especially for being our guests. We are very happy to read these words; and we look forward to welcoming you again and being at your complete disposal.
Carlo and Jenny

Reviewed 17 May 2017

We stayed in the Amalfi room on the second floor. The room and bathroom was very spacious. The room and bed were very comfortable. The location of the hotel is simply excellent. In the center of town, but quiet. The manager helped us book a good trip to Pompei. The breakfast for 10 euro was OK, nothing special.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidMTelAviv

Thank you for choosing us, we hope to always improve; See you soon

Reviewed 1 May 2017

As you will read from previous reviews, La Magnolia is a hidden gem; spotless; convenient. I had 4 wonderful nights at this delightful B&B and as a single female travelling alone I felt very safe and well looked after.

Easily accessible on foot from the train station; a 3-minute walk from the hub of Piazza Tasso, with some wonderful restaurants in that vicinity (Pizzeria Aurora make the most delicious homemade cannelloni). The breakfast was substantial with lovely coffee and fresh croissants; the room clean, spacious, quiet and dark for sleeping in late! Cute balcony area all to myself for having breakfast or a relaxing glass of vino after being out and about all day. I was lucky in that there were only 2 rooms on my floor and for 3 of the nights the other room was empty which meant no noise from neighbours.

Carlo was very helpful, friendly, and accommodating in bringing breakfast when asked for; the cleaning staff faultless. Wifi worked perfectly.

Yes, the towels are a little odd but do the job and are large.

I was chatting to 2 ladies whilst waiting in line for the Colosseum in Rome; they mentioned they would like to visit Amalfi area next holiday and I recommended La Magnolia right there and then.

Definitely if I'm ever back in Sorrento this is where I will stay :)

Room tip: Room 104 for a couple appears to have more room to walk around; I was in rm 103 which was perfect for me.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank EMG0117

Thanks for the nice words; we try to always offer the best and to respond adequately to the needs of our customers. We are happy that you have spent a pleasant stay and recommended us, we are honored. Magnolia awaits you!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

My husband and I spent a week at La Magnolia. The rooms are all spotless, the ladies cleaned daily, the owner & staff were welcoming, informative, great base for exploring the town and further a field,

Date of stay: May 2016