Not much to add from what has been said by other reviewers... My only comments are not really about the hotel but worth knowing if you stay there:
1. If you dont walk too well the walk into town (downhill) is quite hard work and even harder coming back (uphill). The hotel's location does mean that you will have to take a bus or arrange a taxi.
2. If you take a taxi get the hotel to organise it. They are much cheaper than the ones in Sorrento.
3. The hotel gave us information about a community bus which runs between Priora and Piazza Tasso in Sorrento (1 Euro each way - see http://www.cooptasso.com/news/lineaurbana.php) but the Sita bus that operates on the Torca-S.Agata-Priora (via Nastro Verde)-Sorrento route is much more frequent (2.40 Euro each way, tickets from Tabacchi shops. See http://www.sitabus.it/sitabus/campania/orarioCAMPANIA/QUADROXIV.pdf)
3. There are two Room 34s! The one we had was excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a small abbey, La Badia is situated in one of the prettiest parts of Sorrento, with splendid views of the Bay of Naples, and is surrounded by centuries-old olive and orange groves.Rooms: Each of the hotel's 41 rooms is individually furnished and equipped with en suite bathroom, hairdryer, telephone, air-conditioning, safe, and satellite TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel La Badia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Badia Hotel
- La Badia Sorrento