1,167 results
All reviews shuttle bus evening meal golden view bay of naples every hour st agata half board amazing views sun terrace pool area lovely hotel a family run hotel riviera travel continental style boiled eggs minute drive free shuttle service
Reviewed 16 October 2015

Fantastic small family run Hotel very friendly 2nd time we have booked there. Highley recommended. One couple we met have been there every year for 30 years so it must have been much to their liking. Cannot wait to book there again

Room tip: Rooms with lots of views
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2015

My husband and I have just returned from a week long stay at this fantastic family run hotel and we can't fault it . Everybody was so welcoming from reception , bar ,waiters and Chambermaids . I am sure so of the people who have wrote reviews must have stayed at a completely different hotel as the food was excellent plenty of varied choice with FRESH meat and vegetables . The breakfast is continental buffet which is continually being replenished by the excellent waiters and whilst we were there someone asked for a full English !! which the kitchen staff even catered for . Our room was spotless and clean towels supplied everyday even though we left them hung up therefore not requesting this service . We wanted to try the public transport so asked reception for advise which they were only to happy to help with ,supplying us with timetables , directions and how to purchase tickets . This was a well needed holiday for us and it was only made better by this excellent hotel with fabulous staff and wonderful location

Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed 14 October 2015

Lovely clean comfortable hotel the staff were very friendly and helpful, I've never had waiters insist I have cake before usually it's the other way round. The rooms were spotless plenty of hot water and clean towels we paid for a sea view and it was well worth it the sunrise and sunsets were stunning, we had buzzards and hawks flying past the balcony and you could hear owls in the dusk bet they don't have that in Sorrento town. It's a bit out of town but worth it for the peace and quiet I found Sorrento very busy and noisy. The food's basic but plentiful and the waiters delightful, I'd definitely stay again but would have to think twice about going with Riviera it wasn't cheap and I felt we were herded about like cattle and on one occasion were spoken to like errant children about time keeping when the rep didn't notice we were two people missing and had to return for them. Altogether a great holiday our first trip to Italy saw some amazing sights met some lovely people.

Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed 14 October 2015

The hotel although superb in many ways offered the Riviera guests a special menu which can only be described as budget food. The hotel staff were excellent, and the rooms clean. Unfortunately the travel company fell short in many ways, read below..

Avoid Riviera as they don’t tell you the group sizes can be 40 people plus!
My dealings with Riviera during our holiday and afterwards will mean we will never travel with them again. We visited the Amalfi Coast with them for an escorted holiday in September and were disappointed and annoyed to find that the group size comprised 49 people! Most people were not impressed due to the complexities of such a large group getting around in a busy resort, not to mention sightseeing of often small buildings, use of the toilet and the resulting queues – everything took ages even getting on and off the coach. Interestingly when I called to enquire about the group size before booking, I was advised that usually the size is 16 – 20 people. When I wrote on return to complain apparently there is no record of my telephone call.
A key element of our holiday was a trip to Capri. However, what they don’t tell you is that your first day of your holiday will result in you having a 2 hour hard-sell of ‘extra trips’ and ‘additions’ you shouldn’t really miss. We didn’t want to buy the extra tour to Capri which, with lunch for both of us was 94 Euros. Everyone else did as the Tour Rep made it very clear that it is difficult to get around Capri on your own, buses aren’t very scheduled, and you may not get on one and own travel may not tie in with the group timetable. We asked if we could have our boat tickets and do our own thing – “no way” apparently. Riviera profited from us not going on the tour, as the boat tickets aren’t purchased until the day of departure. Riviera advised that we should have been given a booklet and a map – we were given nothing.
Interestingly, following our complaint made twice in writing, once by email (in resort) was finally answered, in part, and although a refund of the tickets was promised, this has never been forthcoming. Good to see they also go back on their promises.
Our written complaint was basically fobbed off and not answered. Of course I should have known as it was pointed out to me in their letter – they offer good value holidays, yes group sizes are large, however Italy is popular and they try to ensure they deliver value for money. We hadn’t booked the holiday on the understanding that it was a ‘value for money’ holiday. Indeed their advertising positions it as mid-market break and at a cost of £1000 per person the price does not reflect this being a value holiday. Had we have known upfront, we were booking a ‘value break’ we wouldn’t have booked with them.
Essentially we paid for a mid-market break and were delivered a ‘value’ holiday.
I do think the luck of the draw depends on which Tour Rep you are assigned. Having read many reviews I have noticed a number of their Tour Reps get excellent reviews, what a shame we weren’t allocated one of the excellent representatives as opposed to a Dutch lady who was frankly not interested.

Room tip: Find a room with a balcony, all these rooms are good.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SlinkNET
Reviewed 13 October 2015

Avoid Riviera as they don’t tell you the group sizes can be 40 people plus!

The hotel staff were superb and went out of their way to be helpful to all their visitors regardless of who they booked with. Riviera did not do the hotel any favours as we were served a budget dinner, everyone else using the hotel had a much wider choice of food. A special mention goes to the dining room staff who were very kind and did their best to make sure everyone enjoyed their stay.

The hotel was beautifully situated overlooking the bay. The pool is superb with plenty of space and chairs for all to sit and relax at the poolside.

Room tip: We were given only one of two rooms without a balcony which was a shame.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple