“The Highest Quality”

Ranked #6 of 304 Restaurants in Sorrento
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 12
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: KEBAB Ciampa the different kebab since 2001...Our pita bread , meat, and sauces are all homemade and prepared fresh daily..... the meat is not halal
Reviewed 18 November 2017

This is not your stereotypical kebab shop. After days of pizza and pasta I decided to wander the streets to see if anything could catch my attention. Now, I have never eaten a kebab before, mainly due to them being undesirable in my family. But being alone in Italy, I approached the building.

The windows outside were adorned with glowing testimonials from people from every corner of the world! I entered and ordered a BBQ beef kebab sandwich with all the salad - the BBQ was their own recipe and not too dissimilar to that which you find in Frankie+Bennys! There was no grease and the ingredients tasted fresh!

This kebab was nothing like the image of a kebab that had cultivated in my head. This was delicious, and I do wonder whether I will ever find one as good!

1  Thank Just-C-Reviews

Reviewed 30 October 2017

This small food stand is on a street that runs parallel to Sorrento’s main avenue, and the windows are covered with intriguing multilingual testimonials. After passing this place every morning before they opened, my husband and I stopped in for a very, very late lunch today.

The friendly owner eagerly explained the menu as soon as we settled into one of the high tops -- you have a choice of falafel or meat (chicken/beef or both); decide on 2 sauces; select pita bread or not; and finally add (or not) lettuce, tomato and onion. The end result is a very reasonably priced (7 E) and lovingly crafted sandwich. There is a selection of beer and wine in the refrigerator case.

The owner told us the rotisserie is started in the morning, the meat is basted regularly throughout the day, then shaved to order, and placed on the grill along with the pita. He also stated that during the busy summer months, the cafe closes when they sell out. It's easy to see how that might happen when their neighborhood regulars encounter the resort town denizens.

The passion this family takes in their food is clear. It tasted so good, I could easily return tomorrow. And the next day.

2  Thank BmoreStyle
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I know I know, Kebabs in Italy...what a tourist trap, but not this place! Top notch kebabs made with top notch, fresh ingredients. Owner speaks great English and goes to great lengths to explain how he sources his ingredients. Consistently ranked the best non-Italian restaurant in all of Campania. Solid prices, good topping selection, but I’d encourage going with owners “recommended” kebab. Mixed meat, chili and yogurt combo with all veggies. Really awesome experience.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Superb kebab plate in pleasant little cafe off side street. Food excellent and good prices. Chilli sauce very good. Good alternative if you have had too much Italian type food. Got busy when we were there in the evening. Can highly recommend

Reviewed 24 October 2017

The schawarma and falafel were the best ever and I've eaten them around the world for over 40 years. The owners were lovely to chat with and take pride in their business.... Sorry we left it to the last night. Would love to have gone again.