“Second Stay as Fabulous as the First!!”

Grand Hotel La Favorita
Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
New York
“Second Stay as Fabulous as the First!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

I love this hotel. This year I thought about going to Ischia as something different and not going to Sorrento. When I realized that would mean giving up my stay at the Hotel La Favorita I decided against staying in Ischia because I didn't want to miss out on what I already knew would be a fabulous stay.

The hotel is stunning. I believe it is less than 3 years old and everything is just gorgeousThe rooms are beautifully tiled throughout and always spotless. The bathroom is huge with a wonderful deep tub that I soaked in everynight. Their toiletries are highend as well. They even give you conditioner to go with the separate bottles of shampoo and bath gel. Some hotels just give you those combo bottles of shampoo/bathgel, but not this hotel! Everything you need is given to you.

I especially love the breakfast and what I always found most enjoyable was all the freshly cut fruit. There was always 2 selections of melon, pineapple, kiwi, and oranges. I enjoy that so much more than the typical apple or peach in a fruitbowl that some hotels offer. Although I traveled alone, every morning when I arrived to breakfast I would choose whatever table I wanted to sit at and within moments my fresh cappucino would arrive. I read in a previous review that someone complained about the water at brrakfast not being good. I cannot imagine what water they could be refering to as each morning at breakfast there was 2 separate choices of bottled water. I paid 3-4 euros for the same water at the Sorrento retaurants at dinnertime!

After a day out and about I would return to the hotel to enjoy the rooftop balcony with panoramic views of vesuvius and beautiful Sorrento. Some days I would be up there enjoying my lounge chair as late as 7:00pm when I would drag myself away to get rready for dinner. Even when I got back to my room I had a hard time getting ready for dinner because when I should have finished my "routine" I would sit on my balcony instead to watch the gorgeous sunset. I'll always remember how the sea and sky changed to orange in minutes!

Another thing that stands out is the attentive personal service that each staff member gives you. When I checked out (45 minutes late and they didn't say a word about it!) I realized I never bought my father a bottle of limoncello. I only had 15 minutes before my car service was picking me up. When I asked Carmine the quickest place to run to for the limoncello he told me not to move and he would be right back. Within a minute he returned with a bottle of limoncello for me to take to my dad. He even had it bubble wrapped to put in my suitcase.

The only complaint I have about this hotel is that it has spolied me for all others!! So far in the last 2 years of staying twice no other 4 star hotel has come close to my experience at the Hotel La Favorita!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank MiriamLisa
favoritahtl, Direttore at Grand Hotel La Favorita, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Valued Guests,

How you could forget the marvellous sunset your enjoyed from our hotel, it is unforgettable as unforgettble has been your stay at our hotel Thank you for all your comments;: we realize that you had a fantastic time you had at our hotel and you would return to stay by us for a third time...Don't worry everything will remain unchanged: the gorgeous breakfast, the spotless rooms, the orange sunset etc.
Don't hesitate come and stay by us whenever you wish, you will be always welcome.

Hotel manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

This was our second trip to Hotel La Favorita, and these guys did not disappoint! After going there last year and being treated like royalty, we decided to return this year. Upon our arrival, we discovered that our room was upgraded to a sea view room and there was a lovely bottle of champagne awaiting us in our room! What a lovely surprise! Carmine, and the rest of the front desk staff, catered to our every need. Roberto, the matre'd, greeted us like family every day in the dining room with a warm hug and Guiseppe and Attanasio from the bar mixed up some super drinks and lively converation every evening for us.
The pool is amazing and Luigi was there for us providing his usual wonderful service. The rooftop restaurant and bar is yummy and so convenient.
The hotel is so well located, with it being far enough outside of town, but close enough to walk in a couple of minutes to the heart of everything. This hotel should really be rated a 5 star (Ssssh, don't tell anyone how great this hotel is! We'd like to save it all for ourselves!!) The rooms are spotless and large. We had a separate shower with great water pressure. Lots of TV stations (but why waste your vacation watching TV!?) We love coming here so much that we've already booked for next year and can't wait to come back.
As always, a wonderful, warm team of people who just can't do enough for you.

WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Bravo!

Room Tip: Room 222 was the perfect room with a sea view!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guests,

What a great comment ! Thank you!

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at our and mostly we appreciate your feeling to be treated like a family.

We are your Hotel Family and We promise to never disappoint you and to gurantee you the same fantastic Holiday as the one you had at our hotel this year.

We are pleased you will come back sooner to stay by us.
Kindest Regards.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

This post should have been written over a year ago! My family and I traveled to Sorrento towards the end of May 2011. We stayed at La Favorita and were so impressed. We started our trip in Sorrento and made our way north, stopping in Rome, Siena, Verona and Venice. While we enjoyed all parts of the trip, Sorrento was by far our favorite. We wish we would have ended the trip in Sorrento and spent more time exploring and relaxing.

The hotel was outstanding. It was very clean, great service and wonderful atmosphere. Our rooms had a view of the sea and a beautiful sunsets. We had 2 rooms that, when a main door was closed, became more of a family suite. This was perfect for our family. The breakfast was great - a nice mix of American and more traditional.

Outside of the actual stay, La Favorita went above and beyond with their customer service. We originally planned this trip with a group of friends for September 2010. Sadly, as we were in line to board the plane, we received a phone call my Grandma had a stroke and would most likely not be with us much longer. We rushed back out of the airport and home. While a few hotels we had booked (we did not use a travel agent or purchase all the insurance) would not refund any of our money or let us reschedule for an unknown date (while spending our last days with our Grandma/Mother we were not going to try to pick a new trip date on the spot), La Favorita was outstanding and flexible. They were completely understanding and worked with us, when we were ready, to reschedule. We were able to spend a few wonderful days with our family before my Grandma passed and were then able to celebrate her life as a family in Italy at a later date. Thank you La Favorita!

I would highly recommend!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guests,

We are very pleased to know that Sorrento has been your final but favourite trip offering you more time to relax.

We appreciate all your positive comments as regards our hotel's rooms and staff.

We are sorry for your Grandmother but we are happy to know that you were able to celebrate your Grandmother life as a family in Italy at a later date.

We hope you will come and stay by us again.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

We re-visited the best kept secret of Sorrento, The Grand Hotel La Favorita, on the occasion of our Ruby Wedding Anniversary which is the 3rd of June. We were not disapointed as when we arrived the stunning and breath catchingly appointed Jewel of a Hotel came into view. You really do need to see it to belief it. Hidden away in the centre of Sorrento and only yards from all of the main attractions is this suburb hotel. We stayed with them shortly after they opened in 2010, and knowing how wonderful that experience had been, we were interested to see what if any changes they had made. Happily everything was as our first visit, in fact the hotel had added an a la carte dinner menue in the dining room and evening of music by the roof top pool and bar. We would add that the views are stunning of the bay of Naples. Our stay was for 1 week from the 31st May until the 7th of June, we enjoyed the views from our balcony on the 3rd floor of the hotel in a room that you would very rarely find so well appointed anywhere. The lounge and bar area are cool and relaxing, set in white leather Chesterfields and so very tastefully done so as to give the effect of brightness and coolness at the same time. Quite wonderful.

Room Tip: In this hotel any room works, however, if you are looking for views the highter the floor the better...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bucks87
favoritahtl, Direttore at Grand Hotel La Favorita, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear Valued Guests,

We thank you for a so particular comment on our hotel: it's very interesting to be classified as the best kept secret of Sorrento... a secret which displayed you so many surprises...the brightness of the main hall and the bar area with its Chesterfields...the sunny and wonderful terrace with its outbreathing view over the Gulf of Naples....

We are pleased your revisited our property... and we really hope you would come and stay by many other times again.

south west
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Stayed for 8 days at end of May in a superior sea facing room(top floor).The hotel was immaculate.All public areas spacious and decor tasteful.Very central for shops,resturants.
Our room was large with king size bed,flat screen tv,large bathroom.Again all appeared newly refiurbished and decor immaculate.Balcony with sea view and views of Vesusvius.The hotel is not directly on sea front and has a hotel in front but that did not detract from its appeal.Road outside can be noisy early evening but this settled down later and with the eletric blind and high floor it did not cause a problem.
Fantastic roof top pool and sunbeds.
The only criticism would be the breakfast(American)which was included in the price.Not very nice scrambled egg,bacon and frankfurter sausages + lots of cakes.There were other options but compared with other hotels in Europe and Thailand it was not great.When asked if I could have an omlette i was told there would be a extra charge.Booked through Kuoni,certainly wasn't a cheap holiday.
If you want tea/coffee in your room bring your own kettle and items.
Staff on front desk very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor,superior sea facing room,couldn't book this through Thomas Cook only Kuoni.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guests,

We want to thank you for spending your time to share yourecomments on our hotel with Trip Advisor. We are really happy you enjoyed your holiday at our hotel and either negative or positive your impressions represent for us an opportunity to improve.

We hope you will come and stay by us once again.