“Wonderful B&B In SOrrento”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sorrento
Villa Adriana Guesthouse Sorrento
Ranked #40 of 143 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My family and I stayed at the Villa Adriana from June 13th thru June 20th. This was my first trip to Italy though my wife and her family had been there many times before. My wife planned the Sorrento portion of the vacation. She contacted Andrea back in October 2011 when she had read the reviews here on Trip Advisor. The proprietors, Andrea and Valerio are, in a single word, fabulous. They helped us tremendously with making plans to see Naples, Paestum, Pompeii, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast while we would be in Sorrento. Andrea provided solid recommendations for a car (van) service to aid with our touring ideas. We were a group of eight and it isn't easy to make every one happy. But, they did. She and Valerio gave practical assistance with the arrangements both befotre and during our stay. The charming rooms at the Villa are very spacious with fairly sizable bathrooms. This was a surprise to me, as i had always been told that the rooms and the bathrooms in Eurpoe are small. The beds were extremely comfortable and the continental-style breakfast that is served each day was delicious. My wife misses Valerio's cappuchino and the fresh fruit salad that was provided each morning. The rooms have A/C but the night breeze was so soothing we slept with the windows open. The Villa is located on a winding road off one of the main streets, but it was very convenient to the heart of Sorrento. We were never more than 10 to 20 minutes from everything to do in Sorrento. Andrea and Valerio gave great recommendations about the local restaurants. Because we knew where to go and on what day, this advice saved us a lot of time and anxiety. In my opinion, the Villa Adriana is the best place to stay in Sorrento and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Domcin
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

My whife and I stayed 3 nights at Villa Adriana during our 10 day stay at the Amalfi Coast. The guesthose is very charming, private and very clean. We had a very nice room at the top with a view to the Sorrento Palace Hotel! I am very glad we stayed at Adrianas and not at the Palace Hotel. The place is very good value for money. It is very clean and Andrea and Vallerio are fantastc hosts. They answered all our questions and was very informative in relation to what to see and do in Sorrento. It is located in a quiet street just 5-10 min walk to the old town. Perfect location! The last day, we had booked our cooking lesson, and WHAT A LESSON!!! 4 different Italian Pizzas and a very good Tiramisu! .If you book here, you will not regret it, but I think you have to book early!! We felt like home and very welcome. Thanks again Andrea & Vallerio for some very nice days in Sorrento!!

Room Tip: Top Floor with terrace!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FrodoNorway
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed 4nights at Villa Adriana at the end of May and it was the nicest accomodation we had during our 2 week stay in Italy. The room was quite large with a king bed that was comfortable. The bathroom was almost as big as the room with a nice shower, garden tub, 2 sinks and a big mirror. They have A/C but we didn't need it and kept the windows open. There was some street noise with the window open but it didn't bother us at all. The villa is truly beautiful and the pix online are accurate. The breakfast was very good, but the best part of the stay was Vallerio and Andrea. They could not have been more friendly or helpful. They gave us info about Sorrento and the surrounding areas, answered all our questions, and were so incredibly nice! And they have a new baby who is adorable! We loved everything about their place and have no complaints at all! If you are in the market for lemoncello, ask them about Vallerio's cousins "Jovis" Lemoncello. They let me try some and it was the best I had tried all around Sorrento. I esp. loved the cream lemoncello. The location was quite nice as well, you are only a short 5-10 min. walk to the Corso Italia (main shopping street) and Piazza Tasso. We had Sorrento Cars pick us up in Naples and bring us to the B & B, so we never used the train in Sorrento. We walked all over Sorrento and used the Ferry to go to Capri. The entire area in So. Italy is breathtaking! The views are amazing. We took their suggestions to eat at Inn Bufalito, Da Emelia, and Chantecler; all 3 excellent places! I highly recommend this B & B! Have no doubts if booking here. You will love it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Staying at Villa Adriana made the first 5 nights (for our group of 4 friends) in Italy fantastic and relaxing. I especially loved that Andrea and Valerio took time to make coffee to order in the morning - it was very special and generous. The breakfast area was cozy and comfortable, and the continental breakfast delicious. We also enjoyed relaxing in the charming pool area and soaking our tired feet at the end of the day. The grounds around the guesthouse are beautiful, with lots of vegetation that buffers noise from the street and the neighboring Hilton.
Andrea and Valerio encouraged us to make ourselves at home. In fact, we brought food home to eat one night after a long day of sightseeing, and, even though Valerio was cleaning up from a cooking class at the B&B, he graciously offered for us to sit at the table in the kitchen. He even brought us some extra food from the class - including his homemade tiramisu - yum!
Andrea and Valerio also had great restaurant and local site seeing recommendations. Andrea made a reservation for us to tour a buffalo mozzarella factory, which, though short, was worth it. For only 10E per person (for a 4 person tour), it was fascinating to see the buffalo and the facilities - most interesting was their massages and classical music that are part of their daily schedule! We wished we had gotten to see the actual making of the cheese, but we arrived after they had made it for the day (our tour was at 1pm).

I can also highly recommend these places near to Villa Adriana:
Gelateria Bougainvillea on Corso Italia - 70+ flavors made fresh each day on site; delicious; can ask for a menu of 300+ specialty ice cream sundaes! fun to look at, even if you don’t order one; best we found in Sorrento
Pizzeria da Franco - great for a quick bite; service was speedy and friendly; English speaking; had a big fresh green salad and sandwiches plus a delicious flat bread pizza with local ingredients.

NOTE on ATM use: I arranged with my bank ahead of time for a larger than usual daily ATM withdrawal. Then, by using Deutsche Bank ATMs in Italy, I was able to withdraw 700 euros at a time, rather than the usual 200-250 at other banks. I highly recommend Deutsche Bank! There is one near Villa Adriana - Andrea can tell you where it is.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2012

A beautiful, spacious, and comfortable place to stay, a short walk from the city center. The hosts, Andrea and Valerio, are warm, welcoming and friendly, offering excellent recommendations for dining and day-trips when asked, and happy to make a reservation for dinner or book a driver. I shared the Junior Suite with a traveling companion -- we each had our own bedroom and shared a bathroom, with lots of space all ‘round. Breakfast is continental “plus,” with delicious coffee made to order.

When our group arrived in Sorrento, tired and jet-lagged, Andrea and Valerio suggested the perfect place for an cheap and delicious lunch nearby (Chantecler’s Trattoria, in the historic district -- don’t pass up the buffalo mozzarella and the house red!), which was just what we needed. Additionally, Valerio went the extra mile to help me find a local shop for a specialty purchase and an off-the-beaten-path ship-and-mail place to send it home.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends