“Great meal”

Il Leone Rosso Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #66 of 319 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: Ristorante tipico italiano. Cucina locale con ottima scelta tra piatti di mare e della tradizione. Pizzeria con forno a legna.
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited this resturant on our first night in Sorrento. The place was very busy, mostly with italian diners. Having pondered the menu for some time we decided to try the tourist menu. This gives you a starter, main course, desert and a glass of wine all for only €22. We really enjoyed our choices but would only recommend this option if you are really hungry. We both struggled to eat the generous potions, I have a good appetite too. I would have given this resturant 5 out of 5 if we had been sat in the main building rather than outside. Maybe it's a good idea to reserve a table inside? If I visit Sorrento again I would 100% eat here.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Gave it a try as recommended by a local and for us the experience wasn't too good . My daughter enjoyed her pasta with wild mushroom , my husband and I weren't as lucky . I had pasta with seafood , the pasta was very thick and chewy , the seafood scarce . My husband had grillef fish , with cold beans and cold carrots.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Have eaten here during every visit to sorrento and have never been disappointed with the food,service or price. We are always welcomed and the food is fresh, hot and promptly served - if you like pizza made in a wood fired oven then this is the place for you -we’ll definitely be back!,

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Ate at this restaurant twice as it was so good. Complimentary water and bread, and limoncellos after! Our children were also given free cake and we then had chocolate liqueurs after- all free! Front of house were brilliant and greeted me by name. Being Italian children are welcomed. Lovely fish soup and pasta dishes. Also really recommend their bar across the road.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We came here for dinner and it is a popular place so it was pretty busy. We had a pasta dish and the seafood risotta. The pasta dish was good but the risotta was really undercooked. The waiter never came back by so my wife just ate the seafood and none of the rice. It might have just been one off but it was disappointing especially that the waiter didn't stop back by so we could tell them and get another order or dish. Later when we were done and waiting to either order dessert or get our bill the waiter and his helper were having a legthy argument throughout the restaurant. They weren't being loud but you could see they were pissed at each other and were not providing service to the tables as they should. From the other reviews and by seeing some of the other dishes on tables around us this place probably is really good but unfortunately not for us on this night.

Date of visit: March 2018