Thanks for the accommodation! I enjoyed Sorrento and would love to come back in your apartment.
The location is good and the apartment has a lot of potential, but there are issues (see below) that need attention and more investment from the owner to be resolved before this place can be comfortable to guests.
We were there 3 nights during the second week of July 2017.
LOCATION - The location in great for walking everywhere in Sorrento, near all the things you want to see, the restaurants, the shopping, and a very short walk to/from the Circomvesuviana train station and the Bus stop to visit the Amalfi Coast (to go to Positano, Amalfi etc.). Also across the street from the bus stop that takes you to the Bagni della Regina Giovanna (nice secret beach called Baths of Queen Giovanna). COMFORT/CLEANLINESS - The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the bedroom was well decorated and modern. The bed is a real queen/king bed, not two small beds put together like they do in many European hotels. The place is clean. It's easy to come in and out with the keys and to check-in/check-out. Nice to have a nice sized fridge, a fan, and an iron (most Italian hotels do not provide an iron).
MANAGEMENT - The management lady really cares and its available for any questions, even via whatsapp and text; she even helped me plan the train times to get there and other logistics! She is responsive and when we had issues responded immediately.
1. A/C didn't work and so we had to keep the windows open = loud from the street all night long and bright at sunrise
2. Loud all night from late evening people being out to early morning people moving around (from 3:30am) = this would not be an issue if the A/C worked and you could keep the door/window closed
3. Wi-Fi stopped working on the second day
4. the mini speaker did not work (tried many times)
5. the TV is a computer monitor and did not work
6. there were only 4 hangers total for two people. Not enough. And nowhere to put your stuff so we had everything all over the floors. Same in the bathroom.
7. Shower does not have doors and the curtain sin't enough: you end up having water everywhere which can be slippery.
8. toilet seat was very loose (so annoying)
9. Only 1 towel hanger and nowhere to put your stuff in the bathroom (just annoying in general)
10. the hot water boiler was set on very low heat which was not enough to make the water warm (not even luke warm). So had to take cold showers on the first night and the next morning, until they could come to fix it.
Overall this place has a lot of potential but it seems like the owner is trying to spend the least possible on everything (from hangers to AC and water temperature) and this makes the place really uncomfortable.