Blurooms
Hotel Plaza(Sorrento)
US$ 389
US$ 378
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
US$ 358
Grand Hotel Ambasciatori(Sorrento)
US$ 1,701
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmini supermarketnice roomgreat showerlong weekendrestaurants and barsexcellent locationclean roomssmall balconystayed here for nightstown centrepiazzashutterscapricupboardbalconies
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Fab place to stay not far from the bus and train station lovely rooms and the owner has lots of information and is very helpful

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank lovethedove
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Lets get one thing straight at the beginning: this hotel/apartment is on the old main road through “Sorrento”, if you are expecting quiet you are looking in the wrong place, however shut the French Windows and the noise will be massively reduced. But we really wanted to be in “Sorrento”; we have stayed previously in a hotel in “Saint Agnello”, and during that time “Sorrento”, became a place we visited alongside “Vesuvius, Pompeii and Amalfi”.
We wanted this time to be in its heart and feel the pulse of this lovely Italian city. Don’t get me wrong we are in our sixties and only want to experience living in “Sorrento” not to be attracted to a place where noisy nightclubs and bars are in abundance and here they are not.
The last Saturday we were there, we opened the floor - ceiling French Windows and watched the Flea Market assembling in front of us, the sun was bathing my chest and face as I looked from the large bed, while enjoying the sound of Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto playing on the laptop, I thought at that moment I wanted to be nowhere else in the world.
The room is modern and very clean and would have been cleaned with new linen everyday if we let the maid in… we didn’t as were relaxing from our hectic lives and sometimes did not rise till 9:00 and then not leaving the apartment till 11:00am.
The owner “Rossano” was the most charming and helpful host, who could advise and support you only as you needed, never imposing. But mainly we like to explore, make our little mistakes and learn a lot. For instance we visited some restaurants where we would never go back to (rude waiters and plain food) and some we want to visit every year for the rest of our lives.
Breakfast locally is an abundance of choice and pleasure, our favourite is the “Bouganvillia” but try as many as you want, there are English selections over the road. Ice Cream/Gelato our favourite is the “Monnalissa” we love everything about this place: (Please see my other review). During this trip, our favourite place for a main meal with the added plus of being in “Tasso Square”, was the “Bar Fauno”, good meal, well served and best place to watch the world go by.
The “Blurooms” will always be our first choice stay in “Sorrento” as long as one of the 6 rooms are available.
Negatives: from us……. absolutely none.
Positives: clean, large bed, modern, french windows and especially for us the right choice location.
NB: The building work as shown on “Google Earth Street View” is finished, that is where the “Flea Market” takes place on a beautifully paved square. Also the internet is no longer 5 euros an hour it can be sorted weekly.

Room Tip: Book early for the corner room
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alan B
Reviewed 20 June 2010

we stayed here for 4 nights in early June and were really happy with our room. The rooms look brand new and are in a fantastic location, and about a 5 min walk to the square overlooking the beach area. Even though the hotel is on the main street in Sorrento the rooms are very well soundproofed and we didn't experience any issues with noise. The bathroom is fantastic and had a great shower. The hotel was very safe and had excellent housekeeping staff. WE also thought it was a great value, and paid just under 60 euro per night. We were very happy with Sorrento as well, we werne't sure where to stay on the AMalfi Coast but after visiting Positano and Amalfi were glad we had chosen Sorrento. There is more to do and in terms of dining options and shops there was a much greater variety in Sorrento. There is also a little grocery shop on the side of the hotel where we picked up a few things to have as snacks in our room. Everyone in the town was very friendly and kind.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank janu007
Reviewed 27 May 2010

I adored Blurooms! From the moment I arrived, to the time that I left, everything was great. Giovanna picked me up from the train station for a short trip to the hotel. The room's balcony opened onto a piazza that was lively, but never unbearably loud. The room was comfortable and clean and a very good deal. Staying in Sorrento is ideal for daytrips. I spent 3 nights at Blurooms and from there I traveled to Naples, Pompeii, Capri, and Ercolano. My last day there, I spent on Sorrento's small beach, which was only ten minutes from the hotel. There is a delicious bar across the street, and Giovanna can provide you with information on restaurants or other places you might be interested in going to. The hotel is right off the main drag and was very convenient. I had no trouble getting quickly to the train station, buses, or the port. One note: I would call ahead before you arrive so that Giovanna can be ready for your arrival. I highly recommend Blurooms and will stay there again when I return to the Amalfi Coast.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank AdventurousDolphin
Reviewed 30 September 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in late September for two nights. It was one of the seven hotels that we stayed in during our two weeks in Italy and out of the seven this was the best. If you like getting more than your money’s worth then that is what you will get with this place. The room was clean, fairly big, had modern decor and most importantly was a great value. The location was right on a main street so it was lively during the night but with the shutters, we barely heard anything. The only thing that might be an issue is finding the place. It is right above a cafe without a clear sign, it is just west of the English Inn restaurant on a street called Corso Italia. The google map wasn't that accurate.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple