Miramalfi Hotel(Amalfi)
US$ 419
US$ 401
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 631/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$ 555
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 827/night.

Free cancellation until 21/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 372
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 484/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 338
US$ 323
Hotel Aurora(Amalfi)
US$ 255
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Ninfa(Amalfi)(Great Value!)
US$ 166
US$ 1,189
US$ 940
US$ 903
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 1,676/night.

All reviewstwo brothersprivate bathroomminute walkbed roomamalfi coastbooked bedsquieter beachhiking routesfree breakfast issmall town of atranibreakfast each morningthe busthe main squareamalfi centercroissantsfantastic locationfilippo
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I really loved staying at this place. I did book a private room, and it sounds like some people have had bad experience in dorms. The owners are as nice as can be and seem like the kind of guys that will give you the shirts off their back. Very helpful for recommending what to do, which bus to take, etc.

As for the location it's in the VERY small town of Atrani. If you are looking for a bumping night life, you want to look elsewhere. There are about 5-6 restaurants in the city square, which the hostel is also in. It's a great location if you just want to get off the grid at night.

Very close walk to Amalfi, 8 minutes or so. From there you can get basically anywhere you want on the coast. Lots of restaurants, bars, and little shops there. There is also a trail that leads directly to Ravello, which if it were half the price to stay there I would 100% stay there.

For the bathrooms, I live in Asia so having a "wet room" without a proper shower was not an issue for me. Don't expect anything overly nice, as it's all pretty dated. There is a kitchen with a mini fridge, but it's very dark in the "common areas" as the light seems to be on some kind of timer. There is free wifi that works in the rooms which is a huge bonus.

Overall, great experience. Don't come here expecting the Ritz and you'll be ok.

Room Tip: Get a private room if you can, it's the same price if you have 2 people.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank Eric M
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Found this hostel on hostelworld and booked it purely based on other's reviews. I was not disappointed! We stayed in a twin private room with private bathroom and although the bathroom was sub-par (as in the toilet and the shower were in a tiny room together), i LOVED the view out of our window of the village and mountains and it was a 3 minute walk to the best beach along the Amalfi Coast. The breakfast each day was good for a hostel and the host's were 2 lovely gentlemen. Would absolutely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the beach... the view is spectacular!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank Gigi A
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

First, the positive: good location, decent pricing for the area, and plenty of solo travelers and backpackers to meet. A' Scalinatella is in Atrani, a town right next to Amalfi. Since Amalfi is a central city in the Amalfi Coast, busses and ferries are easy to access, all walkable. The beach in Atrani is slightly more private and cheaper than other beaches in the Amalfi Coast (Positano, Capri, Amalfi, etc), and the restaurants are all decent, nothing exceptional but nothing terrible either. Based on what I gathered from other people and my own personal experience, beds cost between €40 and €45. Given how expensive the Amalfi Coast is (hotels can go up to +€1000/day and it's not uncommon for them to be around €200/day), this is a really cheap price. Finally, because there are so few hostels on the coast, many young travelers who are backpacking will end up here. So a solo traveler should have no problem meeting people.

The negative: shower and toilet on each other, rooms aren't actually separated from other rooms, no lockers, same breakfast, strict and early quiet hours, and kitchen is locked off. The shower and the toilet are in the same room, which is normally no problem, but there's not even a shield between the shower and the toilet. So it's common for the toilets to be soaked with water from the shower. The water from the shower also drains right next to the toilet. Some rooms are walled off from each other, but other rooms, like the one I stayed in, only have a cheap DIY wall between them. They are very flimsy, and I could feel the movements of another persons bed from my bed... On top of that, the walls only go up half of the height of the actual room, so it wouldn't be hard to jump over and you can hear everything that goes on. My room was more like a 16 person bedroom. There are no lockers, so I had to lock my backpack to my bed. The alternative security would be to give your valuables to the owner, but then accessing them could be a challenge. Breakfast is the exact same every morning: lemon croissant, bread roll, packaged bread, a glass of OJ P, and a coffee/tea. It gets old really fast, and for the price of the hostel, I expected a little more. At around 23:00 (Mon-Sun), room lights are to be shut off and people can't talk or gather. I understand why the hostel owners would want people to be quiet after 23:00, but to force people to shut off their room lights? Finally, there's access to a kitchen area, which only has a refrigerator, but it's always locked. In order to gain entry, you need to find one of the two owners to unlock it for you. Major inconvenience if you're trying to get an early start.

I do not recommend this hostel unless you're really on a budget and durable. I think you can find much better options for close to the same price if you do research and book well in advance.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank averyoffthegrid
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Me and my sister stayed at this Hostel in early July. We were lucky since the owner, who was the friendliest, upgraded us to a private room instead of a dorm room. Not the fanciest of hostels but it sure had the rustique Italian feeling to it. From our small balcony you could see people walking up and down the narrow stairs and you could almost touch the wall of the next house. You know, a typical Italian alley.
Location is great, away from the crowds in Amalfi and close to the beach. It's about a 10 minutes walk down to Amalfi if you want to have dinner or just be around where things happen.
Breakfast is included and has just what you need to start your day in one of Italy's most beautiful spots. The room we stayed at was small but enough for 2 people. Not really a high standard but that's something you can't expect from a budget hostel in one of Italy's most expensive travel destinations. Although low room standards hospitality was really great and we'll never forget the one and only Filipe.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Martina A
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I just stayed at this hostel and I am so happy that I picked it for my stay here at the Amalfi Coast. When you get to the square it's up and around the road in a town called Atrani- the most splendid place! I personally preferred hanging here than the Amalfi center which is filled with hoards of tourists. Here are locals that eat and dance the night away! The rooms are basic but clean, as is the shower. I don't go to Hostels to hang out. I go to them so I can sleep, and this fit the bill. The owner is amazing, incredibly accommodating and always around. I have nothing but positive things to say about this hostel. A few things to note: There is no kitchen but, as a budget traveler, there's an awesome restaurant (well 3) a 2 minute walk from your room and most of their dishes are 4-5 euro, which I think is extremely fair. Also, there is no safe or area to lock your stuff away- something to keep in mind. So I would bring a cord-lock mechanism if that's an issue for you (don't let that deter you from booking because you'd lose out). As for me, I didn't find it to be, everyone was awesome at this hostel so I had no worries. Head to the beach which is literally a 5 minute walk, rent a chair and umbrella and enjoy your day there! The owner there is equally as nice!!! After, grab some pizza by the pizza place on the road and continue to walk down to the center of Amalfi to watch the sunset. Also, free breakfast is included! Honestly, for the price, this place is a gem. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo