All reviews private beach reception manager sea view top floor amalfi coast terrace room superior room large terrace town centre perfect location ferry dock lovely hotel quiet at night sun terrace few minutes walk hotel staff special thanks
Reviewed 11 May 2018

My wife and I spent the last 4 days of our Italy trip at the Hotel Aurora and would recommend it to everyone. Andrew made us feel welcome from the first moment we arrived on the property. Best location over looking the harbor and a short walk to anywhere in town including the ferry dock (we went to Capri for a day).

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a sea view room with a balcony - great views!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ChrisDives
AuroraAmalfi, Direttore at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear ChrisDives
Thank you so very much for your wonderful comments; it is always so rewarding to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know how the hotel and the staff exceeded your expectations, and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Aurora in the very near future.
Best Regards

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We booked Aurora for 4 nights in Amalfi through booking.com. The pictures on the website is totally misleading, they took me, my husband and my two young kids and left us at an apartment which had no windows, no ventilation and smelt of moth and paint. It felt like it had been locked for a very long time, there was no reception or any other occupants in the hotel. The stink was unbearable, there was no heating just an ac which didn’t seem to help at a higher temperature. Several international calls to booking.com later we still had no options, unable to sleep the entire night we vacated the place the very next morning. It was a horrific experience. We are still awaiting our refund. DO NOT BOOK this place.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
12  Thank anuja t
AuroraAmalfi, Direttore at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hiya Guys and thank for your report but this is a very sad one! Indeed you are not reporting on the Hotel or your stay, rather you comment on your own incapacity to understand what you had and had not booked!!!!

I remember that prior to your arrival we exchanged several emails regarding your stay. Our lovely hotel opens next week, and you booked via Booking.com our appartments which instead are open all year round. So why the suprise?? You did not read what we wrote or what you booked and then you were suprised??

I am sorry for your delusion but to be honest that is 100% your fault. NOTHING on our web site is misleading and we never deceive our customers. Please look again calmly and you will see that the error was yours. Period.

Thank you.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

I was travelling with my wife to celebrate 30 years wedding anniversary, when we came in to check in we were told that the hotel was closed, however they would escort us to their “appendix” hotel in the Amalfi downtown. So, it was raining cats and dogs we had no other option other than go there and check! To my surprise, it wasn’t a hotel, but an apart hotel where we would be responsible for housekeeping! What trap … We were never told about it. The building has a fitness center in the lobby very noise, not part of the hotel whatsoever. Hot water you better take from home … I would strongly NOT recommend this hotel !

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Carlos Augusto G
AuroraAmalfi, Direttore at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear Luxinga
I’ m very sorry that your experience here runs totally against what the vast majority of our guests regularly tell us. The apartment you have booked is clearly specified that is not in the main building but in annex at 600 from the hotel and we always send a message to the agency or directly to the client for advising that.
We always recommend to read carefully the description before booking especially if you book a not refundable rate or if you book through a travel agent.
In spirit of hospitality.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We opted for the Superior room to ensure a view of the amazing coast. The balcony was huge and had two beach chairs if you wanted to get some sun. The grounds were very clean and elegant, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Overall, perfect hotel and location for our two night stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KEB76
AuroraAmalfi, Direttore at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Keb76
thank you so much for your 5 star review of the Aurora Hotel. It is always so rewarding to share such a great review with my staff to commend them on their superior customer service. We are so pleased you had a wonderful and quiet experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Best regards

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to the hotel Aurora in Amalfi, Italy . There was 8 in our party as we were celebrating our youngest sisters 50th birthday. The hotel was decorated to high standards and very clean. The breakfast was plenty and the service was exceptional. The reception staff did everything to make our visit as memorable as possible and full of recommendation about local restaurants and places to visit and shows to see. It was warm and friendly and when we left we felt we were leaving new friends . Highly recommended and well worth a visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank dilleyday
AuroraAmalfi, Direttore at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Dilleday
It was such a pleasure to read your wonderful remarks on TripAdvisor in relation to your recent stay at the Aurora Hotel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to us and please be assured that we will be sharing your generous and motivating words of praise with the team.
We would like to thank you for your high recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to Amalfi soon.

With my warm regards