“Rustic Italian foos”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After reading the (mostly) good reviews, we decided to give this place a try last night. For starters, the owner and his one other server were hustling, working super hard to attend to all the tables. Perhaps they could hire another server and make life easier... but I suppose they have their reasons not to. So, the lack of staff could contribute to previous reviews of poor service. We had no issues, received our food promptly and everything else in good time. The food here looked in photos, like very nice home style cooking, which reminded me of my Nonna’s. I’ll be honest... it was okay but definitely not as good as most of the other food we have had on the Amalfi coast, at the same price point. Not bad at all, but I would probably not go back given the other options around which were much more flavourful and fresh tasting.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came across this place whilst wandering around Amalfi. We passed it by the 1st time as it was still setting up for lunch, but the decor and setting of the taverna appealed to us, so we decided to go back for lunch. We were led to the 'best table in the house' (which I think they said to everyone else who came to taverna and were led to various other tables), but it was a nice table with a good view of the square.

We skipped the starters and went straight for a pizza each, both of which were delicious with a very light bread dough and delicious toppings. The house wine was very good and reasonably priced for a 1 litre carafe.

We ended the meal with a coffee, being full up with pizza.

Overall a very pleasant meal. Yes, the waiter may have been a little grumpy (as other reviewers have said), but this generally seems to be the norm for the Amlafi coast, so don't let it put you off visiting this little treasure.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

This is the most authentic and best tasting meal I've had in Amalfi. In the pictures, you will a red sauce pasta with black olives and swordfish (it looks like pieces of cheese but it's swordfish). It's awesome. Great service too. Desserts were phenomenal.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I were wandering around trying to find a restaurant away from the hustle and bustle of the main square. Luckily we stumbled across this gem. We had caprese salad and bruschetta as appetizers. The tomatoes were very fresh and delicious. I ordered lasagna and my fiancé ordered a diavola pizza. The lasagna was delicious and a perfect portion size for me. Not too big and not too small. The pizza was great too. The owner was very welcoming and attentive. Our waiter was good too. If you want to feel like your in mamas kitchen enjoying a home-cooked Italian meal, definitely dine here. We had a positive experience here and the food was reasonably priced for amalfi. I posted the check for reference.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We decided to stop here one night. It was located right down the street from our apartment. We were able to sit right down. The host was super friendly and outgoing. He talked to us off and on through the night, joking and laughing. He was very entertaining. Our food was delicious. My husband and I both had pasta dishes.