“Best pork of my life”
Review of La Fedda Rossa

La Fedda Rossa
Reserve with
La Fedda Rossa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 366 Restaurants in Matera
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 11
Description: When you want to relax and enjoy the joy of good food, visit us in our restaurant with a warm and welcoming: excellent cuisine will enchant you with art and professionalism of our employees, offering an accurate and fast service that will win you over ... The Red fedda allows us to be able to offer Materani typical dishes as well as a great choice of meats and cheeses. The excellent quality of our dishes and our preparations have become accustomed to a healthy and refined cuisine in a cozy atmosphere and especially those in search of atmosphere and intimacy to both the eye and the palate.
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

I recently reviewed another Italian restaurant that served me the finest stinco di maiale I'd ever had. Since that's changed now, I must review La Fedda Rosse. Do you know how sometimes, particularly in the US, something looks very delicious but the flavor is not that great? This was the opposite. It came out looking indescribably delicious and it was even better.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank JanexLamar

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Friendly english speaking staff.
The dishes are simple and fantastic, especially the bruschette.
The wine is good as well.

If I‘m not mistaken the cook is the mother of the owner who is also the waitress.

Highly recommended!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank uegjklbhtikvgh
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I have been here with some friends. The restaurant is nice and situated in the very middle of the historical site of Matera. You can eat good italian food. My suggestion is not to order salami, ham and cheese tables because they are a bit expensive and not so homemade. Other starters instead are very particular such as scamorza and bacon or fried peppers, very traditional. Meat is good and wine better. We had a table near to the door and it was very cold. In general it is a bit expensive but satisfying.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We were keen to have a lunch that featured the legendary local bread. When our first choice for TA reviews proved to be closed, we stumbled on this place by chance. What a lucky break. We were a bit on the early side, but as we were leaving they were turning potential guests away from this intimate little gem. I chose a plate that featured slices of fresh prosciutto and mozzarella - accompanied by bread of course - while my wife had a bruschetta featuring similar ingredients. Large, fresh serves, washed down in my case by a nice beer. Service might have been just a tad slow, but we were in absolutely no hurry, so settled in, ate and stayed warm.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank MickB53
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I rarely do 5-star reviews, but La Fedda Rossa earned it with every bite!
- Best traditional soups I have ever eaten!
- Cozy, clean, and happy family atmosphere
- Great wine list