“Really great food at a great price ”

Paolangelo Trattoria
Ranked #75 of 364 Restaurants in Matera
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The cuisine is typical of the city of Matera and the Basilicata region. It is not only a restaurant but also a pizzeria. The menu turistico is € 15.00.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Love this place. We had a really great evening meal here!! Food was great and the bill didn’t break the bank at all.
Would recommend this place for sure.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely food, hot and freshly prepared, excellent service and friendly staff. Lots of variety on the menu and reasonably priced. Strongly recommend and will return on my next visit.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I've been here for holidays, so I have found this place..
It is really good for tourists because they cook only tipical food! I loved it!
It was cooked well, the place was crowded of tourist and thay offer lots and lots of dished.
The staff was nice and kind, the price was a little bit high compared with other restaurants for tourists but i t was not so expensive. By the way they offer the opportunity to choose a menu for 10€ or 15€ with everything that you want ( pasta and pizza included)
Enjoy it!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We found this jewel of a restaurant while visiting Matera. We had a delicious, dazzling array of antipasti before mixed grilled meats and vegetables. It’s a lovely family-run restaurant with great selections and service. I wish I had spent more than a day in Matera. I would have returned the next day!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

When we visited the place, they did not serve any pizzas. Instead we ordered a pasta dish that were quite oily.
If you are really hungry, order pasta carbonara - it is huge (unfortunately, that is the only thing I can say about this dish).
From the look of the place, I was expecting something more.

Date of visit: July 2017