“Traditional dinner”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2018

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed the dinner at Soul Kithen restaurant. In particular, we suggest to share the "typical" starter, mixed of both hot and cold typical dishes.
The unique place makes the atmosphere really charming!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Visited for a steak meal following reviews on TripAdvisor and not disappointed. Tender steaks, lovely ingredients and great service. The pannacota was awesome too

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I never like to leave bad reviews as I know we all have our off days. We called in on Saturday evening early it wasn't full and there was seating outside we asked if we could order a bottle of red wine and a bottle of prosecco and have a drink outside but were told rudely NO this is a restaurant. We should have gone with our instincts and walked away but the restaurant had come highly recommended by our lovely hosts. So we booked for the following evening. We arrived at our booked time were shown quickly to our seats and 4 menus plonked down in front of us. They took our drinks order then came back for our food order. My friend aaked if they did anything like Carbonara as she said she wasn't overly hungry but again was told rudely NO the menu is the menu. My husband and I picked the beef medallion and both were cooked to perfection. My friend and her husband picked the taglietella beef.... we had never seen so much fat and sinew on 2 pieces of meat, to make matters worse the sides we ordered didn't come until we were half way through the meal and when we asked for them they were thrown onto the table. When the waiter came to collect the plates my friend and her husband were asked why they hadn't eaten theirs and they both said it was very fatty and they didn't like it....they were then asked why they didn't like it, it was quite embarrassing. We felt the service was poor, the choice not all that and I certainly wouldn't recommend at all.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

We booked and arrived at the appointed time. We sat down and were given the wine list. After about 10 minutes I asked for the menu. One was brought not two.
After a further we delay I asked to order. The wine arrived quickly.
The food which was good was just plonked down on the table with no comment. When we had finished after a suitable time we asked to look at the menu again to order pudding. Again the food was plonked down.
No suggestion if we had enjoyed etc.
We were not the only ones to be underwhelmed.
The next table complained about the number of starters ordered did not match what was delivered.
The second table complained that three dishes ordered were incorrect.
The chef came out and a loud discussion took place.
In both cases begrudgingly the situation was dealt with, however there was lots of muttering and pulling of faces.
Neither the owner or the two waiters enjoy there job that is quite clear.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I chose this restaurant in Matera, Italy because it fit my requirement for interesting, fresh food and my husband's picky choice for food. He was able to eat a steak - the best he has had in Italy and my choice of fresh pasta. A starter of toast with a truffle/tomato cream was fabulous and prepared us for what was to come. From the brothers, to daughter, to the kitchen staff - lovely people providing food to feed the soul. Mission accomplished.

Date of visit: September 2018