“Very nice local food and very relaxed ”
Review of Osteria MateraMi

Osteria MateraMi
Ranked #17 of 362 Restaurants in Matera
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 29
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We got the tip from the owner of our B&B, and I am most grateful: this is a wonderful place to eat when in Matera. A bit of the beaten track and very friendly and relaxed armosfere. Chef Nicola is in the kitchen and with his guest and serves fantastic traditional food from Matera. Not a huge menu and that definitely is a recommendation. Fantastic, thank you Nicola for the very special evening in Matera.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Yes, this is the restaurant I like! Not too big, not too small, friendly but not too pushy waiters, not a too large selection of foods -which is often suspect- but really tasty.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I cannot recommend enough this establishment. We had dinner here with my partner after a long, tiring trip and it was the best thing that could happen to us. What I will never forget were the Senise peperoni, proposed in various ways, even as a tiramisu. The photo here is very misleading, by the way, the cuisine is very fine. I will never forgive myself for eating elsewhere the following evening, our last one in Matera.

1  Thank zvoomb
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

We ate one dish each person. I think it was a little portion of dish. But they served with some bread. Taste was good. And they were very kind.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This is a new restaurant. It is very narrow and on 2 floors.
My husband's pasta was lovely. I had lamb which was well cooked with an onion marmalade but no sauce so dry.
Another client was complaining that his pasta dish didn't contain cod, as stated, but the waiter's English was not good enough to cope with the situation.

1  Thank Christine T