All reviews main beach air con bit naff minute walk spanish guests lovely hotel within easy reach full size fridge high rise buildings recommend this hotel line dancing cleaned every day buffet style hotel is situated sea view every morning old town
Reviewed 1 October 2018

I’ve travelled a lot over the years and have lived abroad so I have a fair idea of what is reasonable. I don’t normally have issues with any hotel; always accept some shortcomings. However, in the case of the galtemar I was generally dissatisfied and I need to convey my experience. Summary conclusion: find somewhere else.
Detail:
Rooms aren’t great, but are okay. Clean. Showers are powerful and double size but the sliding doors are cheap and come off, which could be dangerous.
I normally expect that where towels are on the floor that they’d be replaced but every day I noted either not replaced, just put back, or only one instead of two, shortage of soap replacement etc. Where the shower door was hanging off or the plug was left on the side due to sink blockage they just remained as is. The cleaner didnt make any effort to arrange repair.
Reception was acceptable.
Pool okay; quiet... plenty of loungers
Location okay: close to other hotels and beach... 10mins
Biggest issue was the Restaurant.
Dinner: limited choices made more limited by the presence of things like chicken nuggets. Salads were very limited. Staff were slow to replenish..even when clear more was needed. There were always 2 fish dishes but they seldom did the fish justice, badly cooked and presented. Can’t recall seeing a prawn but they pulled the stops out on the last day with fresh mussels... damage to my view already happened sadly. Desserts were terrible. Typically sponge puddings in a small foil cup, few cake squares. Never saw a fresh fruit salad and no yogurts since yogurt was only at breakfast time! No cheeses or bisciots other than the normal sliced version. Personally I think everyone can find something to eat, but I’d prefer that I found it difficult to choose between things I liked the look of. Soups... forget it.. canned or at least tasted so.
Breakfast was just as bad. They don’t know what a poached egg and refused me a fried one since they only supply on alternate days! Often there was last night’s dinner on display for breakfast in another form. Sausages are the ones that taste off. No water unless paid... coffee sweet... tea not like the normal taste....poor buffet really.
endless...
And the staff? I felt I was imposing when I approached them. Never seen staff helping themselves to the buffet during open hours before, asked them for some brown sauce since the one bottle was empty... he didn’t bring it to me but put it where the empty one was. One particular waiter was quite rude in his manner. They also didn’t replenish empty dishes so there were times when there was a queue for what might be one of the only acceptable dishes.
Summary. Hopefully the management will take note and do something to improve this. Risky to go there again. "

Room Tip: High up, and rear.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank oaknet
Emilio M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at AR Galetamar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear customer,
Thank you very much for your time to publish your opinion for the users of Tripadvisor. We are very sorry for not reach some of your expectatives of Galetamar. We find your comments precise and very helpful. The departments involved have been notified and all are very concerned and compromise for improvements. We hope to see you back in Galetamar and get your satisfaction.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Booked this hotel through TUI on half-board basis. The Hotel was well placed and the staff were very pleasant, friendly and helpful, and food was OK. This helped to compensate for the shabby room which was in a state of disrepair. The furnishings were worn, floortiles were cracked, the bathroom door posts were rotted by water damage, the sink was blocked and smelly and had to be cleared by maintenance. Plaster in one corner of the room was cracked and hanging off the wall. Thankfully the weather was good so we did not spend much time in the room at all. We complained to the resort rep who told us to submit on line on our return home. TUI's response was pathetic and patronising, blaming everyone (including us) but themselves. Given the state of disrepair I don't think anyone from TUI had inspected the room for years. We weren't looking for refunds or large amounts of compensation, but a proper, sincere apology with maybe a couple of vouchers as a token of good will would have been nice.

Room Tip: Don't book via TUI
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank merthyrgirl1968
Emilio M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at AR Galetamar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear client,
Thank you very much for your comments and opinion of your stay at Galetamar. We feel not reached some of your expectatives and we apologise for that. We are very happy for your good evaluation of the hotel situation, staff service and quality of food. The department involved has been informed of your comments and we thank you for the information while your are here. We hope to see you back soon and thank you for your help to improve.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Average hotel, nice location , walking distance to the beach and restaurants. Food is average for buffet,overcooked,and tough! We were north facing, so never got the sun, we overlooked the car ports. We asked to be moved on another side of the hotel and after 2 days likely we did. 90%Spanish guests. Free parking space for car .

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beetti
Emilio M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at AR Galetamar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear customers,
Thank you for your time to publish your opinion for all the users of Tripadvisor. We apreciate very much your comments about your stay al Galetamar. Hope to see you back soon and enjoy.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Very nice hotel with a good breakfast and dinner. Rooms are simple and clean. Pleasant staff.
There is a compact swimming pool that was the only entertainment for children (7 and 9). But it was enough for them.
The hotel is somewhat secluded from the center of the town, but it does not feel like it.
The family room (HB) cost around 80 euros a day. The price / quality ratio is really great.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Arunas S
Emilio M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at AR Galetamar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear guests,
We thank you for your time to write your opinion for all users of Tripadvisor. It is very nice to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Galetamar. We are very glad for the Good qualification that you give to the food, the room and the kidness of the staff. We hope to see you back to the Galetamar soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

This hotel is situated close to the paseo and just a 5 minute walk in to the town. Apart from that, everything else would be average about the hotel.

The room I had was very old and basic, I believe it was a room that was owned and let back to the hotel, as the kitchenette area was locked with a roller shutter, which made the room look ugly and a bit naff...

The beds were really small and uncomfortable. The bathroom was actually pretty decent, to be fair.

The gardens were small with two pools, these looked to be well maintained.

Breakfast was standard, but even though the hotel was not very busy, they ran out of hot food in minutes and did not replenish it for a long time.

Parking is first come first served in the area, when it is busy, you will struggle to park within a 10 minute walk of the hotel, if you are lucky.

The hotel is a tourist hotel, I am sure it would suit your needs for a short holiday. But I would look for something a bit better on my next trip.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank pieboy
Emilio M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at AR Galetamar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your time for publishing your opinion for allthe users of Tripadvisor. We inform of your comments to the departments involved.We are glad of your good evaluation of the situation of the hotel, the bathroom, the swimming-pool área and garden. We will continue improving. Hope to see you soon.