“Lovely Holiday”

Hotel Levante Club & Spa
Ranked #34 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
“Lovely Holiday”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We have just got back from our holiday here and had a great time. I would like to point out about the review called Levante crud that yes, the alarm did go off in the night but was silenced very quickly. If the gentleman who wrote the review had switched the lights on as we did he would have been able to see whilst walking down the stairs. I assume the man who wrote the review is the same man who was swearing at the top of his voice and showing himself up in front of the other guests. Yes the alarm going off was an inconvenience and could have been handled better but let's hope it will be a learning curve for the hotel. The hotel is minamilstic that is it's style, the photos you see when booking are true to what you see when you arrive. It's lovely and clean and a good place to stay if you fancy a cheap break way.

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank KazzyMb
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (891)
  • Finnish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We have just returned from a week at this hotel. We were very surprised to find how bright, clean and airy it was. The food was well presented and with good choices. On reading the review from william d, we were there from 28th Feb to 6th March. We didn't even hear the fire alarm. Yes the spanish did come in at the weekend but they always do out of season but they are entitled to a holiday like the rest of us. It was a pleasant change to stay in a modern hotel and not one that had been built since the resort began. The rooms were spacious and clean, the beds were comfortable. We were told by the rep that the cooked breakfast wouldn't be available until 8am but at least the restaurant was opened at 6 for a continental breakfast. The only complaint I had was that the white rum and coke had no strength whatsoever and therefore I thought that maybe the rum had been watered down. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will most probably use this hotel again should we return to Benidorm. I have been visiting Benidorm since 1969 and this hotel is by far the best I have stayed in.

Room Tip: rooms on the higher floors get the sun longer in the winter, also request one away from the lift the...
8 Thank Pauline J
Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Where to start.... just got back after 7 days Feb 25th to March 2nd 2012 with my wife and another couple who are friends.
The hotel is souless and minimalistic. The bar area is like sitting in the airport departure lounge. Some bar staff were ok but the younger ones just didn't want us there and gave much more attention to service to the Spanish guests.
The Hen parties were present over the weekend but really were no bother.....may be different as the season progresses and more visit the resort. BTW, we looked into other hotels whilst there and Stag and Hen do's are a feature of Benidorm so you'll not avoid them anywhere.
On the saturday 25th we arrived starving at about 3.30 pm and lunch had given way to a pathetic offering of dried, curled up burgers and bland hot dogs, rock hard fries and tasteless mashed potato croquetes deep fried in batter. This was the offering every day between the main meal times. Also, the main entertainment room had been let out to a Spanish gathering on this night, Security was on the doors so we were not allowed in!!
ALL the main meals were good with a varied choice to suit most people, so I can't criticise the 3 main meals.
The rooms were super clean with bigger than average single beds and the linen was changed frequently.
On Wednesday the29th Feb, the fire alarm sounded continously from 12.30 am, my wife and I took the stairs from the 3rd floor where we were (there are 19 floors) IN TOTAL DARKNESS AS THE EMERGENCY LIGHTING DID NOT>>>>I SAY, DID NOT WORK!!!!!!!
When we arrived in the lobby, there were only about 30 guests there and a few arrived as the minutes passed. It was at this point that I kicked of BIG STYLE with the night manager who was really apologetic but naturally, I was seriously agitated with the journey via the blacked out stairwell and realised the gravity, especially for the guests on the upper floors, many of them elderly. after 2HOURS, the person responsible gave the all clear and guests returned to their rooms, it had been (they said) a fault with one of the detectors in the Spa, This is a totally seperate facility in the hotel grounds, why is this not zoned seperate from the hotel? Did I mention?.... most guests never made it to the lobby and as far as I observed, no organised drill or pre- practised effort was made by ANY staff to rouse guests from their slumber. What would have been the consequences of a genuine fire?
Back to the bar staff; At one minute to 12 midnight (that's the final drink orders) my wife was ordering a drink for herself and my friend's wfe,( two drinks at a time per card) I asked her to get me one, the barman said he needed my card (quite rightly, as they swipe them) but when I got from the table to the bar.....he refused my drink,(not my wife's) as it was too late! O.K, it was near time, so i'll not labour that one but be advised, no latitude is given by the bar staff. they want to clean up and get you out. Oh, and don't think you can rack them up on the table either, as my friend tried one evening; They don't mind early on but; as midnight approaches they want an empty glass/glasses, before they will fill anymore......and they're watching the tables.
The free sandwiches in the glass case on the bar are, I am told, quite inedible. But we were told that as our pick up on the final morning was earlier than the restaurant opened, well, they would open it at 6am instead of 8.30 am. How thoughtful.
So with this in mind, the final morning Saturday 3rd March, we swanned into the restaurant to NO STAFFand NO HOT BREAKFAST unless you count the toast washed down with tea and coffee and of course, ceareals. It couldn't get worse........could it?

The Fait Accompli......

Stood on the concourse awaiting our bus. I was overcome with thirst, no doubt as a result of the previous evenings alchohol. and noticed the bar doors open with one of the younger members of staff busily preparing for the days contemptible guests. "We closed" he said.
I asked " please could I have a glass of agua por favor?" he looked at me irritated and reached for the refrigerator door (for a bottle that would be chargeable) "No,no, tap water is o.k" I said .
Glass to the sink filled and slapped on the counter, he marched to the doors ready to lock them as I walked through.
I sipped the water, and it was HOT!
To summerise, go somewhere else, You are a burden to them.

Room Tip: Choose a low floor or train beforehand and take a torch.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank william d
bolton
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Another return visit to this hotel , we was given a lovely Room on the 10th floor plenty of early morning sunshine !!! We was on an All inclusive stay and the food was great and always plenty of choice just one negative the coffee in the lobby bar I have to say is awful but apart from that one niggle the wine vodka beer and tea is ok. All staff from the cleaners maids bar staff are very pleasant and a credit to the hotel. The entertainment this year was lots better than the 2 previous years and we stayed in and danced the night away in the show lounge . The weather for feb quite good plenty sun during the day but cooler in the evenings . Hope this review has been helpful . Hope to return next year. Ps forgot to mention few bars across the road Rock and Roll House , Tropical Bar .Bus Stop outside hotel to railway station , old town etc the fare is 1-40e. ENJOY !!!!!!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the more sun you get and sea view
3 Thank suzyQBolton
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Just back from this hotel after a lovely week in the sun. Hotel is very clean & service is very good. We had a standard room on the 11th floor which was very spacious. Towels are changed daily & good size tv in room. All rooms have a balcony where you get the sun.
Food was delicious with great choice & dining room itself was very clean & modern with a very relaxed atmosphere,here you helped yourself to drinks. There is a choice of bars across from hotel with plenty entertainment. Market is also 10 min walk down back of hotel. I would def return to this hotel.

Room Tip: High floor for best view & sun
4 Thank jacky012