“ok club room” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“ok club room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

booked a club room which is adults only for this you get use of the rooftop pool and a club room where you help yuorself to drinks. First time in Benidorm so didnt know what to expect or to compare to for this resort so here goes:
ROOM
Well decorated good layout and design very clean. Get a safe (have to pay if not a club room) mini fridge (club room only) stocked with water kettle and coffee/tea and hair dryer. Balcony overlooking the pool high up floor 22 goes to 25 but surprisingly even though i dont like heights was ok because everything round about you is high.
POOL
We used rooftop pool was small just plunge pool really but clean ,Not heated so time of year we went really cold
Bar up here where staff come and go between club room on floor 24 so not always there although never far away so if drinks getting low fill up when there. Note about pool we thought you might get towels supplied and laundered daily this was not the case you require your own.
CLUB ROOM
help yourself stocked reasonably well smirnoff vodka, bacardi ,whiskey plent beer n mixers also decent coffee machine and fresh orange. Snacks are put in here periodically but nothing to shout about, crisps and sandwiches around lunchtime and biscuits late afternoon and usually something later at night too but pretty poor would have thought bar snacks like crisps and nuts would have been on tap so to speak. Other thing to take note of dont allow you to take drinks out the room say up to rooftop pool or your room strange because as missus said your paying for it why does it matter where you drink it. Way round this is put some in your beachbag/rucksack and take them back and put them in mini fridge when no staff about .
Restaurant
Food was ok cant say much more always found something that i liked. Had a carvery kinda thing where chef had different meat each day and would cut you a couple of slices.Breakfast found was usual kinda Spain streaky bacon links all pretty greasy plenty fruit and cereals. Fruit juices down here were tasteless and coffee not up to much .
Snacks were disappointing when we were in Cyprus there was a snack menu at the poolside which was good
Here it seemed like breakfast leftovers and at nightime burgers and dinner leftovers .Overall at main meals your always going to find something that youll like unless your really fussy.
Amenities
main pool looked nice but several shaded spots develop as day goes on and sure in peak season sunbeds could be a problem. Bars are well stocked can get cider on draught if thats your drink . Indoor pool available plus gym and sauna though you need to get key at reception.Plenty play areas for kids one kinda amusement arcade .Kids club looked good with usual stuff. At night there is usual stuff bingo kids disco and a show put on by hardworking entertainment team. After midnight you have to pay for drinks if you go to later kareoke come disco.
Staff
staff were hardworking and efficient pleasant when you spoke to them and very helpful cant fault this
Close By
plenty bars close by with entertainers on nightly ,about 15 mins walk to end of Levant beachfront
Summary
Good clean hotel reasonably placed for ammenities food very average

Room Tip: if going as a couple would pay wee bit extra for club room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank swazzy1964
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,302)
  • Polish first
Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Come on Guys, get your act together and sort this tummy bug out! You are ruining your excellent reputation with this. This our 3rd stay here and after enjoying it previously brought our daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandchildren this time. 3 of our party had sickness and the runs although good hygiene routine and use of hand gel on entering the dining hall and also through out the day, Non of us could pin point what the cause was but it did spoil 24 hrs of our holiday. This problem has been going on too many years now. I check out other hotel reviews and non have mentioned this problem so in my mind it is an on going problem at this hotel. Now the good point.... Great staff, entertainment team, cleanliness, Food choice and rooms. Would love to viist again, but only when the bug has been cleared up for good.

Room Tip: Lower floors have been refurbished but at this time of year get very little sunshine so are on the c...
4 Thank MandyjbLeeds
CustomerServiceMgr, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Flamingo Oasis, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Hotel Flamingo Oasis.
We are pleased to hear that in general you were very happy with your stay, and the fact that this is not your first stay with us reflects this.
We are sorry to hear that some members of your family were ill during your stay with us. At the time you were staying with us, a norovirus outbreak was occurring in the UK, which can often lead to problems in holiday hotels and cruise ships at this time of he year and despite our best efforts at keeping the bug at bay, a very small percentage of guests were affected by illness which might have been norovirus. The Noro Virus has been particularly problematic throughout the whole of europe in recent months, and at the Hotel Flamingo Oasis, as i all of our hotels we follow very strict hygiene processes in order to minimise its impact on our guests.
At the Hotel Flamingo Oasis, as in all of our hotels we take extensive measures to ensure high standards and guest satisfaction in all of our hotels. This includes exemplary hygiene procedures, including intensive, independent inspections and preventative actions and advice with regard to norovirus.
We of course provide all possible assistance in such situations, and encourage any guests who become ill in any way whilst they are staying with us, to visit a doctor for correct diagnosis and treatment.
It is always concerning when our guests have problems of any kind, and we always do our utmost to resolve them as quickly as possible, we would like to emphasise that verified surveys and reports do demonstrate the standards to which we operate.
We sincerely hope that you and your family are now fully recovered, are sorry to hear that this impacted on the overall enjoyment of your holiday with us, and that we can look forward to welcoming you back for your 4th stay at our hotel.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Just returned and I do have mixed opinions. Firstly the one everyone is talking about " the bug" I was there with my son and unfortunately I did have sickness and the runs overnight but I cant put it down to anything in particular, I did have a meal in the restaurant and I didn't like it but cant say for sure if it was that, I'm not one for scare mongering but listening to other folk there does seem to be a problem somewhere. Now then that could be down to personal hygiene in some cases, some of the stuff we saw beggared belief !! I found the food ok some days good some days not so good. A previous poster mentioned the pink burgers which I saw and wouldnt go anywhere near !! I think it's a common sense kind of thing if it doesn't look right stay away from it In saying that being ill is not something you should worry about when on holiday but we were mindful of it when we chose what to eat. All in all food not worthy of 4 stars.

Now the hotel itself, we emailed them direct and asked for a refurbished room as high as possible and were delighted to get a refurbished room on 11th floor, the room was immaculate and very comfortable definitely worth 4 stars. Our cleaner Carmen was the friendliest and most thorough I've come across in 30 odd years of going to Benidorm.

The bar staff have come in for a bit of stick and yes there were some miserable one's but service was quick, only downside of quick service I dont think I had a full pint the whole week we were there but hey you can always go back for another.....

This was our first time AI purely because of the price, We dont stay in the hotel much but I can see it's appeal especially for families.

The staff in the hotel in general vere lovely nothing was a problem, agaIn 4 star quality.

I think the fact that a couple of coach loads of stag and hens certainly changed the atmosphere of the hotel from Thursday onwards, and we heard a number of complaints about their behaviour. Personally I didn't have a problem they were loud more than anything but I did see a few older folk and families who felt intimidated by them which for a family hotel doesn't bode well. I think overall the hotel is 4 star but could quickly lose a star or more if they dont listen to what people say on review sites like this one......

I dont agree with all posters on here but some have made valid points ( I dont want to see a bare chested overweight man sitting next to me in the restaurant on an evening)

We had a great time and I would go back but only at the bargain price we got for a week, All Inc is ok for some but not others its all about personal choice....

ps didn' find lifts a problem at all.....

3 Thank geordiegirl58
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

First off, I only paid £375pp for a week AI in this hotel (including flights and transfers) so I don't know how fairly to judge, but I'll compare it to other four stars. I stayed in Club Suite.

Check in was quick and friendly. Huge Huge queues for the non-Club guests who were being served Cava and orange juice from a tray. Hotel issues cards instead of wristbands.

Room was modern and impeccably clean. As were all public areas. They were constantly cleaning and all areas had hand sanitisers which a lot of guests didn't use. Plumbing in the hotel was poor, water pressure was non existent at times and we had the plumber up a few times. Sofas and beds very comfortable and TV included SkySports 1/2 and BBC1/BBC HD and ITV1/3 and Channel 4 as well as a few music channels alongside Sky and BBC News and CNN/CNBC.

Great views from roof terrace and the large balconies were great. Quite breezy! Lifts were slow to come. Large queues at times with a long wait time.

Food. Club Dining area made me laugh. It was some red hoarding boards covering a small area with a seperate entrance. Made no difference out of season as there were no queues to get into the dining room. Not very four star. Restaurant itself was like a school canteen.

The food was the most bland, insipid, tasteless guff ever. It's not 4 star food. It's Benidorm 3 star at best. Repetitive menu. Fatty meats, tasteless fish in non descript sauces. The salad bar was limited and I found a lot of bad bits of salad and the meat was discoloured and dry. The deserts menu was the same every night. Jelly, cake and rock hard pots of ice-cream. I resorted to eating out. Eating snacks in the dining room was a bit of a pain.

Those rating the food and I don't mean to be mean, obviously aren't too choosy or haven't stayed in a four star before. Compared to the Monaco or Levante Club or Melia...awful.

Drinks weren't too bad. Gassy lager, as expected. Cocktails were nice as were soft drinks. Spirits in Club were so-so and downstairs the local stuff was awful

Pool area was quite small and I imagine in high season, a nightmare. Sports area was a bit rustic but was being 'done up' as I was there with new markings and goals on the tennis/football. Mini-golf area was terrible. Dropping to bits.

Entertainment was so-so, I went out to the centre most nights. The animation team worked incredibly hard to engage guests of all ages.

Staff. Bar staff were utterly souless and miserable. Cleaning staff were wonderful. Smiling, always an hola and have a nice day. Reception equally good. Even security guy was pleasant. Understand that its hard work at a bar but a smile or even acknowledgement would help. They literally threw drinks at you.

Location wise, I prefer the Rincon but this was too far back for me though a regular bus service operated.

Guests. 100% British. Mainly older (time of year) but a lot of stags and hens were very noisy. Perhaps they need the business in low season but again bad one.

If I'd have paid full price (like others reviewing) I'd give it a 1 but price based for me a 3. Won't come back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Rincon-de-John
hull
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

stayed here for the first time in benidorm. april 2012. ive seen reviews that say people have had a bug from here but i can honestly say that this hotel is very clean, the staff are friendly and the food is good. entertainment was not the best but thats the only fault i could find. this hotel has alot of groups of men and women on stag do's so if u have children or are more mature then this is maybe not the best hotel to stay in as the bar and surrounding areas can be quite noisy. its in a great location set back from the beach but in a 10 minute walking distance. thomson reps are very helpful and i would reccommend this hotel to people who want to have a good time with decent food and plenty to do.

Room Tip: keep to the lower floors as lifts can get busy
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple