“STAFF !! SO RUDE !! UNLESS YOU ARE FROM SPAIN !!”

Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersGold level
Leicester, United Kingdom
“STAFF !! SO RUDE !! UNLESS YOU ARE FROM SPAIN !!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

the look of the hotel is very good,the food is very good.
but then the problems start !!!

* bar staff rude,unless you speak spanish
* dinning room staff unhelpful
* reception staff cold
* management ?????
you cannot have bottled water ???????????????????
two levels of AI normal & select silver band ????????????????
4* no,dirty plates,plastic glasses
not allowed out to pool until 9am ????????????
information poor,unless you speak spanish

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank philip g
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,023)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

You will no doubt listen to all the great reviews. I am not a whinger, honest, I am just a man with my girlfriend who has just got back from this hotel. It's fantastic and truly great, it was everything my girlfriend and I expected.
Trust me and I really am trying to help you.
The staff are unbelievably racist against British.
You will still book this holiday as I did, as I did totally regret it.
The choice is yours!
Enjoy
an honest couple

• Stayed August 2012
16 Thank colin098
Greater Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I booked this holiday (with my 21 year old daughter) on the last minute just a week before we went. Good reviews on here influenced my choice. The hotel is fabulous and I cannot really fault any aspect of the accomodation or the service apart from a little niggle about the availability of water. The room was very clean spacious and well fitted out. We had a double bed each (comfortable) and a more than adquate bathroom with every convenience including heated towel rail which was useful given there was no drying area on the balcony. We had a small table and chairs in the room and also on our balcony which afforded us as great view that included the sea.
We went all inclusive and arrived around 10.10pm, just too late for evening meal. We were told we could have a snack in the bar. When we got to the bar we were offered a choice of ham/cheese toastie or hot dog, which was not what we expected in a 4* hotel having been travelling for 9 hours. Drinks were given in plastic glasses and the entertainment was not enthralling so we went out for something to eat instead. Not a great first impression.
I am happy to say though, the morning after and throughout our stay, the food in the restaurant at breakfast, lunch and dinner was excellent. There is a vast array of choice from hot and cold buffets with some show cooking. Some people moaned about the food being the same, I fail to see how unless you are one of those 'PIle your plate as high as you can with everything that's going types' this can be the case. Puddings are typical of spanish hotels but presented beautifully. Drinks are only given in glasses in the metropole bar and restaurants, in the pool and upstairs bars they are given in plastic glasses which i'm not keen on but this is probably for health & safety reasons. Branded mixers available on all inclusive with local spirits mading select upgrade unecessary apart from the fact that select quests can have bottles of water. My only gripe with drinks was the water. None in the room on arrival and only available by the glass 'plastic' and in small glasses. They were happy to serve beer in large glasses but not water. It was a roasting 40o plus while we were there and so we were having to ask for 2 glasses each at a time at frequent intervals to keep hydrated, which to me seemed a ridiculous waste of effort and glasses and seemed to cause lots of muttering under the breath from staff, 1 or 2 waiters actually gave us a large glass now and then but in general they seemed happier serving alcohol.
Sun beds were really good, and, during our stay, were freely available most of the day unless you want a prime spot by the pool. The sun doesn't reach the pool until mid-day but this wasn't a problem for us as we preferred to be away from the pool.
We didn't use the spa as it's not really our thing and prices too expensive to try and find we didn't like it. The Gym is brilliant, one of the best hotel gyms I've been in, it's not huge but the equipment is good quality and all fully functional including 2 treadmills, a crosstrainer, stepper and bike (all computerised) and also a full range of weights machines, dumbells and bench presses. There's enough equipment for even the most committed keep fit enthusiast.
Lots of Spanish use this hotel but we didn't find that a problem. Entertainment average but there's something on evey night and most nights a choice of 2 options, one outside and one in the metropole bar. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful.
Some of our fellow guests had negotiated upgrade to select all inclusive for no extra cost with their travel agents, so might be worth asking.
The resort was a complete culture shock for as i've always gone for quieter low key settings. Being surrounded by high rise hotels and apartment blocks is definately different for me. There is anything and everything to do which is great for younger people but was a bit overwhelming in some areas for me. Jokers bar had fab entertainment and the drinks were very reasonable too, catered for all ages so mum & 21yr old daughter both happy.
The only reason I wouldn't return here is the resort. If the hotel could be transported to a nice peaceful bay I would go again in a shot.

Room Tip: If you have a late departure it's worth paying to extend your room. We paid 30 Euro for an extra...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
11 Thank Barbara G
twickenham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

This was an okay hotel, but I have to say that it isn't a good all inclusive hotel. Lots of the things I would expect to be included in an all inclusive package weren't for example, I have never had to pay to use a sauna at an all inclusive before. There was no tea and coffee making facilities in the room, they ran out of snacks on one occasion there was no mini bar, indeed you had to upgrade at a daily price per person which I don't think is a fair description of AI, we were very disappointed and so were others that we talked too. However this hotel is in a great location, it is clean and the food is good. Would I go back definitely not, would I go back to Benidorm definitely.

Room Tip: Try and be on the even numbered side of the building, apparently on the other side the smokers from...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank juliatwickenham
Welshpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Have got to say its got to have been one of our top holidays.
From the time we arrived till we left the staff were fantastic with a special mention to Rachel the entertainment manager and the manager of the hotel its self.
Great looking hotel,rooms modern and cleaned everyday and a short walk to the beach and entertainment.
We tried the spa which was good but had to pay extra for this as for the safe,"supposed to be free when we booked" and there are two levels of all inclusive so ask when booking.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple