“Self Catering accommodation”
Review of Loixmar Apartments

Loixmar Apartments
Ranked #88 of 108 Speciality Lodging in Benidorm
Reviewed 7 August 2016

After paying over £600 for a self catering apartment, we were shocked to find out that they actually demand a security payment that has to be on a credit card and to top it off the key has to be picked up at another location that costs 10 euros in a taxi or you can walk 20 minutes, so you've only arrived and are nearly £200 down. The staff were also quite abrupt and arrogant.

I know it's self catering but surely in the summer, paying what we did, I'd like to have thought we may get a change of bedding or towels. You would need to take extra towels with you as their idea of supplying towels is to give you 4 hand towels!!!!!

The only nice thing about the apartment was the pool. Decent size but no shallow end for babies or younger children.

We also had to rearrange our transfers as the office to uplift the key doesn't open until 10 am with it being on the other end of benidorm, we wouldn't have made our pick up time.

All in all, I wouldn't book here again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone else!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Was absolutely dreading this place as so many bad reviews about key collection . We arrived roundabout midnight we got our coach to drop us off at the San Francisco apartments as this is where the office was . On the window was our name and a arrow pointing down to a telephone number . We rang it and within 5 mins a man appeared with the keys . We then took a taxi over to the apartments which was around 6 euro . Get dropped of at the San Francisco apartments and you should have no problems . It was really straightforward them but it's more hassle if you go to the loixmar and then have to get keys as you'll have a double taxi fare. Apartment was basic and clean could do with a little update but apart from that it was great really secure and I really did enjoy my stay . Not for hen or stay parties . I would stay again as it was a great location .

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Was quite dreading visit from reviews but was pleasantly surprised. Short taxi journey to collect keys which was no big issue, rooms clean ,spacious and with everything needed. Lovely balcony and pool area. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Arriving late at night we had to go to other side of town for keys. The holder was asleep and it took a while for him to wake up.for self catering accommodation it was less than basic. We had no microwave. The toaster was billowing smoke and nearly went on fire.0ne of the sockets was exposing wires.we had no change of towels or sheets in a week. Our friends stayed in an app the floor below they had no towels no sheets there boiler burst they had no water. Our electric kept on tripping. Will never stay there again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank joan61
Reviewed 6 January 2016

in short the apartment's are what you pay for, I don't expect the Hilton for £23/night over xmas.after reading some of the feedback I emailed the firm for key collection instructions and received an email which said to collect at the Dynastic hotel across the road.....up on arrival in the dynastic I was told this was stopped years ago , but the address in the email was not of the dynastic but from fincas arena :
Address: Av. de Europa, 23, 03503 Benidorm, Alicante, Spain
Phone:+34 965 85 25 12 ,
Hours: Open weekdays · 9:30 am – 1:30 pm, 4:00 – 7:30 pm.
I took a taxi over to them and after paying 100 euros I received the keys and a remote for the TV. The apartment was a bit dated but clean and almost the whole block was empty so no neighbours or noise. stayed at app. 6A , security is good , from the street you go trough a locked gate , locked front door to the building , than a locked steel gate in front of the app. door and finally your app. door in all you use 3 different keys.
we had plenty of cooking utensils , plates ,forks etc...iron and washing machine supplied were not working but it was not really needed anyway.
some electricity sockets looked dangerous(broken) cupboards peeling , broken tiles around the bath and the bottom of the fridge was totally rusted.
so in all good and bad points , like the heating provided was a little oil filled radiator, just about sufficient to heat the lounge area if you kept the door to the bedroom closed.
my partner was cold all the time we were in the flat.be careful with the hot water as it comes out of the tap at a nearly boiling temperature.my deposit was refunded to my bank account within 2 days of leaving Spain
would I stay here again........maybe I will , it is cheap and cheerful , close to the beach.no hills to climb , quit , supermarket across the road and a short walk to the pubs. and before I forget the balcony was great , about 3 x 6 meter.
I add a photo of the map of Benidorm to give you an idea were to get the key , red arrow is the apartment's , blue arrow is fincas arena office.
thanks for reading my review , hope it helps

Room Tip: for the best views go as high as possible
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple