“basic , but not to bad , key collection a shambles”
Review of Loixmar Apartments

Loixmar Apartments
Ranked #86 of 108 Speciality Lodging in Benidorm
Reviewed 6 January 2016

in short the apartment's are what you pay for, I don't expect the Hilton for £23/night over xmas.after reading some of the feedback I emailed the firm for key collection instructions and received an email which said to collect at the Dynastic hotel across the road.....up on arrival in the dynastic I was told this was stopped years ago , but the address in the email was not of the dynastic but from fincas arena :
Address: Av. de Europa, 23, 03503 Benidorm, Alicante, Spain
Phone:+34 965 85 25 12 ,
Hours: Open weekdays · 9:30 am – 1:30 pm, 4:00 – 7:30 pm.
I took a taxi over to them and after paying 100 euros I received the keys and a remote for the TV. The apartment was a bit dated but clean and almost the whole block was empty so no neighbours or noise. stayed at app. 6A , security is good , from the street you go trough a locked gate , locked front door to the building , than a locked steel gate in front of the app. door and finally your app. door in all you use 3 different keys.
we had plenty of cooking utensils , plates ,forks etc...iron and washing machine supplied were not working but it was not really needed anyway.
some electricity sockets looked dangerous(broken) cupboards peeling , broken tiles around the bath and the bottom of the fridge was totally rusted.
so in all good and bad points , like the heating provided was a little oil filled radiator, just about sufficient to heat the lounge area if you kept the door to the bedroom closed.
my partner was cold all the time we were in the flat.be careful with the hot water as it comes out of the tap at a nearly boiling temperature.my deposit was refunded to my bank account within 2 days of leaving Spain
would I stay here again........maybe I will , it is cheap and cheerful , close to the beach.no hills to climb , quit , supermarket across the road and a short walk to the pubs. and before I forget the balcony was great , about 3 x 6 meter.
I add a photo of the map of Benidorm to give you an idea were to get the key , red arrow is the apartment's , blue arrow is fincas arena office.
thanks for reading my review , hope it helps

Room Tip: for the best views go as high as possible
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank andrebelg

Reviewed 31 October 2015

My husband and I knew the apartment and where you get the keys were miles apart. thankfully we arrived within office hours, so my husband jumped into a taxi outside Dynastic hotel and just showed the taxi driver the address, when he arrived at the office, he was asked for his passport which of course I had, but he paid the 100 euro deposit and got back to me as quick as possible, we had to return on the Monday with the passport, upon entering the very secure premises, we took photos of the things that were wrong, so we could show the agent on the Monday to ensure we were not charged for these things. The apartments were dated but clean and had a washing machine which is a big plus on a holiday. They only provide clean sheets and towels, so you will have to buy toilet roll again which isn't a big issue but just to make people aware of this. Personally I don't think I would book these apartments again

Room Tip: try and get a high floor for better views
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barbaramccracken
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Totaly discusted my parents booked these apartments through onthebeach.com arrived last night at 11pm and could not get the keys from anywere so my 71 year old dad and mom was then just left with all their luggage all their holiday money on them in the street after hearing my mom sobbing on the phone not knowing what to do or were to go was awfull myself my brother sister in law and cousin was then trying to find who to ring fortunately a lovely couple staying in the block saw my parents outside at 1.30 am and took them in letting them stay the rest of the night with them all got sorted at lunchtime tday were they ended up getting a taxi to the office for the keys thank god for the couple who took them in on the beach you ought to be ashamed of yourself totaly unacceptable if anyone is thinking of booking these apartments please try sort out were to get the key dont want anyone to have to go through what my parents did

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank cheryl f
Reviewed 30 July 2015

Where do i start!! We arrived tuesday at 11.30am, due to transfer problems at bus station i called the office where i was to collect the keys for the apartment from to advise we were held up but should be at office for 1.30pm (as they close from 1.30 - 4.30) only to be told rather abruptly they would be closing at 1.30 and we would need to come back at 4.30. The only information i had to collect the keys was an address and telephone number, after reading peoples reviews on trip advisor i had gathered that the shop to collect the keys was only a few doors down from the apartments, but this shop has recently closed down, after walking to the tourist information office we were advised the office address we needed was a cab journey away so therefore two of us had to sit in the street with suitcases whilst the other two got a taxi to the office. Upon arrival at the office i was then told i had to pay 150 euro deposit for the key (even though i had already paid the holiday in full) i advised the office staff i only had enough with me for my holiday spending money as nowhere in my booking did it state i would need to pay more money, i was basically told if i didnt pay it i couldnt get the apartment key so basically had no choice but to pay it, i was then asked to sign an apartment rental agreement document which was in spanish and when i said i didnt want to sign something i couldnt read and understand i was sighed at and further spoken to very rudely. The staff were very abrupt and unhelpful, i gave in signed the document paid the money and then had to get another taxi back to the apartments. As this was high season i was very pleased to see an air conditioning unit in the apartment but low and behold we couldnt get it working and had to call the office again only to be advised that you have to pay 10 euro per day for the air conditioning and that i needed to return to the office yet again to pay for it and collect the remote for it, so yet again another taxi cost back and forth, and then on the day before leaving another taxi journey to get my key deposit back, so overall 45 euro in taxi fares, 70 euro for air conditioning and 150 euro for key deposit, an extra 265 euros on top of the origonal holiday cost that we had not accounted for. The apartments themselfs had great security gates and were very clean but due to the travel to collect keys, the extra costs incurred and the ignorance of the office staff i would never recommend anyone to book these apartments.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank patricia m
Reviewed 15 July 2015

Having read previous reviews,we were expecting an email or notice advising us of where to pick up our keys when we arrived at 10pm. There was no information at all,we did meet a young lady who was on our coach who said that she had a similar problem the year before and had ended getting an room for the night in a nearby hotel,needless to say she wasn't staying at the Loixmar this year.
After hanging around the gate for about an hour we met a couple returning to their apartment in the Loixmar who had similar difficulties the previous night.They gave us a business card with address of where we needed to go for the keys but warned that it was too far to walk. We had to load our cases into a taxi to get there.
On arrival we found a note with our name on but no contact information,luckily the taxi driver spotted a phone number in another window,he rang this for us and,eventually a man arrived to give the keys but said that we would have to come back the next day to pay a deposit.
The return taxi trip cost 12 Euros which was repeated the next day and also on our last day when we had to return the keys to get our deposit back.
The following evening we met 2 young girls who had just arrived and were having the same problem, we gave them the address and also our room number in case of difficulties. About an hour later they knocked on our door as they couldn't open theirs, it turned out that they had been given the wrong key. As they now had the phone number of the agent,they rang him but he flatly refused to bring the correct key so they had to get another taxi back to get the right one.
As to the apartments,they were adequate but no sun on balcony unless you were lucky enough to get a corner apartment but I suspect that these were taken by the Spanish residents,also no microwave but a mini-oven.There was a TV with only 2 English channels.
The pool was OK but no shallow end,no pool facilities so had to take everything down from room,sunbeds were the rigid back aching type,no brollies,no toilets.

All in all this was basic at it's most basic and a major disappointment on what was supposed to be retirement celebration holiday and not particularly cheap.

Room Tip: Need apartment "A" on any floor
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple