US$ 146
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 168/night.

US$ 327
US$ 206
Sol Costablanca(Benidorm)
US$ 189
US$ 185
Melia.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 210/night.

Palm Court Apartments(Benidorm)(Great Value!)
US$ 117
  • Restaurant
La Era Park Apartments(Benidorm)(Great Value!)
US$ 152
  • Bar/Lounge
Melia Benidorm(Benidorm)
US$ 174
US$ 156
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 211/night.

US$ 144
US$ 110
US$ 437
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,757 results
All reviewssecret fountainwhite startitanic barpool areanoisy at nightcentral locationyorkshire pridetwo double bedslight sleeperhalf boardbars and clubsnight lifebed and breakfastearly hoursevening mealtribute actspatio doors
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I have recently returned from my stay at this hotel with my two sons aged 15 and 11 and we are already missing it! Everything about this hotel was ideal for us. It is very centrally located, right next to the square and a couple of minutes walk from the beach. There are plenty of shops and bars on your doorstep and both the indoor and outdoor markets are within easy walking distance.

We had a morning flight and so arrived at the hotel before the official check in time. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. They explained that our room would be ready within the next 30 minutes and offered us the use of the luggage room to store our suitcases until then. We took the opportunity to go to the onsite Titanic bar to have a cool drink and some lunch while waiting for the room to be prepared and both the drinks and the food were excellent quality and great value, and service was quick. Our room was ready when we returned to reception. We were placed in a room on the 3rd floor, with a pool view. The room had two good size single beds and a comfortable sofa bed and was more than adequate size for the three of us. We appreciated having a fridge in the room and there was plenty of storage space for all our clothes. The room was spotlessly clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. I had read horror stories on trip advisor about the noise at night, but we need not have worried. We could hear the music from the bars within the hotel complex, but the outside music and entertainment ended at midnight and, from then on, it was peaceful. As we were enjoying the nightlife ourselves the music until midnight had no impact on us.

There are plenty of bars, all with different acts on within the hotel complex and so there is always somewhere to go and enjoy a few drinks after dinner. You'll be spoilt for choice! We particularly liked the Secret Fountain bar. The staff there are really welcoming and friendly and the cocktails were great.

We didn't join in with the 9am rush for a sunbed, but loved watching it from our balcony in the mornings. We never had any problems getting a sunbed at 10am or even in the afternoon.

Mealtimes in the hotel were breakfast from 8am-10am. Lunch from 1pm till 3pm and dinner from 7.30-9.45pm. We really enjoyed the food. Always plenty of choice, hot and replenished regularly.

We could not fault this hotel and had a lovely family holiday. We would love to return one day.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
1  Thank Nicola B
MarinaHotelResort, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Marina Resort Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Good Evening,

Thank you for your fantastic and honest review about the Hotel!
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us and we really look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.
Should you need any help with future reservations then please do not hesitate to get in contact as we will be more than happy to help!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I recently had the misfortune to spend varying periods of time at this Hotel, over the last 2-3 weeks in celebration of my brothers birthday. I would anticipate our investment in rooms to be approximately 4K Euros.
I have deliberately waited for a respectful period of time prior to posting this review, in order to allow the Guest Relations Manager(Tara) to respond to my complaint, submitted on the 14th August. Despite having all our room and guest details, she has failed to respond to our reported issues as promised and seems to care little for the welfare of her guests. This is common behaviour throughout this Hotel and is indemic, from Reception through to the Restaurant and the heavy handed behaviour of the Security Team who control the Pool areas with bully boy tactics disguised as concerns over health and safety.
The rooms are basic to say the least and certainly not at the standard described in the Hotels star rating.
Food in the Hotel restaurant is at the very best average and the misleading behaviour of the restaurant staff is nothing less than shambolic. When we complained about this to the restaurant manager, and I use that job description loosely, he passed us on to a "waiter" with limited English who was astounded to have been placed in this position. I felt so sorry for this poor man, whose boss had basically thrown into the deep end without a paddle.
When we went to reception to complain, the tall grey haired receptionist showed little empathy or understanding of our predicament. In fact reception summoned the presence of a burly female security guard during our conversation, despite there being no behaviour to require this presence, and he then proceeded to raise his voice, clearly spurred on by the prescence of the said guard. I felt intimidated by this action, which was clearly witnessed by my brother , although not surprised as this was common place around the pool on a daily basis.
When reporting this to Tara she explained this was necessary due to previous "attacks" on staff. At no point, despite being frustrated and upset did I behave in an aggressive way which warranted this line of approach. Please check your CCTV to substantiate. Despite promises to get back to me and "investigate"the unacceptable behaviour in the restaurant, no feedback was forthcoming and I can only assume that as we were leaving the next day, no one really cared.
The debacle of trying to obtain a sunbed is quite frankly a joke and on the open admission of Tara, there are simply insufficient sun beds for customer demand. Coupled with outside guests using the already cramped facilities this creates massive pressure. Tara says she has introduced the security measures to allow wheelchair and pushchair access around the pool, I will be happy to provide photographic evidence, taken from our room on the day of departure which shows the failure of this policy. Policies are inconsistent and rules are plainly flouted to suit the security guards. Pool rules, no reserving sun beds. No inflatables. No glassware by the pool. Reality. Olympic 100 metres to reserve a sunbed at approx 9.00am with Draconian behaviour from security. Inflatables plainly in use and why not, this is a family Hotel! Security guards drinking coffee in China cups, not allowed for guests.
The amount of dissatisfaction shown by guests around the pool was widespread.
When asking to see the General Manager at reception I was told to return at 8.30am the following morning. When asking for the GM the following morning he had gone on his holidays, come back at 12.30 and see Guest Relations.
The only members of this Hotel team who are worthy of mention, are the bar staff who toil for long hours and always provide a good service. Drinks are reasonably priced and available freely.
If you checkout my TripAdvisor reviews they are balanced and fair. On this occasion this review is warranted.
Gregorio,Rafael, Senor Vives,Carmen and of course Tara have all fallen short on delivering any level of customer care to their guests.
Coupled with two separate complaints to reception regarding the activities of local prostitutes hassling them outside the entrance to the Hotel, this has proved to be a most unsettling experience and one which will never be repeated.
Do not frequent this establishment, as in our opinion you will be sorely disappointed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lamby64

Good Evening,

Please accept my apologies for the late reply - I have been on holiday myself and therefore I am catching up with everything now.
Firstly, as I did mention on Reception, I would like to apologise for the problems you had during your stay. I was infact investigating all the comments made and the problems that you brought up but as I also explained to you this can take time and is not always something that can instantly be resolved. I had your room numbers but unfortunately did not have contact details as those do not get sent through to us with reservation details. Should I have had them I would have got in contact as soon as I had spoken to all relevant staff members.
I spoke to the gentleman on Reception about when you went up to speak to him. It was in fact a coincidence that the security guard was there at the same time and she was not called. I did say that he perhaps could have called her as he may have felt that it was necessary. I also explained why I felt that my staff were right to have another member of staff with them if they felt it as safety comes first. For our customers and also for our staff members. We have had instances in the past where people have been under the influence of alcohol (and other substances) and have been violent towards staff members. Never at one moment any staff member say that you were being aggressive.
We do have a small pool area for the size of the Hotel and we try our best to get as many sunbeds in for customers as possible. As I explained to you we also have to take into account H&S and we would not want something happening to any customers because the lifeguard couldn't get through, nor would we want any wheelchair/pram users to find that they cannot make their way around the pool. I am saddened that you do not feel that what I said was correct as I do go and check the layout daily and do not feel that there was, or is, any blockages present for wheelchair or pram users to get through.
We are saddened to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us and we would hope that in the future you would reconsider and visit us again as I am sure you would have a better and pleasant experience.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Where do I start!!!!!
Reception!
Reception at the hotel very poor. Not very good English at all from any of the reception staff I dealt with.
The Room!
The room was ok I was on the 12 floors on the end so didn't have balcony, I was a tad upset at first about that but then after seeing my friends room with balcony I was pleased. I had 2 rooms which was really good for me as I took my sons 15yr old friend and it could have got awkward, My friiends room was just 1 room with 2 double beds so on that score I counted myself lucky.
The pass keys was a right pain in bum, I lost count how many times I had to go back to reception and get it reset, and being on the 12th floor that was a pain because the lifts (which is my next moan) were rubbish.

Lifts
Now like I said the lifts!!! If you not in any sort of rush and don't mind waiting 20 to 30 minutes for a lift then this wont be a problem to you!!
I wasn't too bad I could use the stairs but I really felt for family's with pram age children.

The pool
Now to the pool. On the first day we had a look at what entertainment was on round the pool each day, There was a lot of things going to be going on so we thought great the kids will love this!!! We stayed for 10 nights and only on our last day did we see a bit of entertainment around the pool. The music around the pool was on a loop, On 1 particular day I must have heard the remix of hey Jude 10 times!!!!

The bars!!
Now this is the best bit, the staff on all the outside bars are brilliant and deserve every tip they get, Really friendly and go out of there way to help you, They get to know you and your kids and after a few days they no exactly what your drinking. Brilliant staff keep up the hard work your the only good thing about this hotel!!!

Back to the pool,
The pool is open to the public which is not a problem at all until the drunk groups come in!! One particular day a group of lads having a laugh came in, Knocking back shots and having fun, But then one of them decided it was time to start messing around the pool while he was smoking, Lets just say he ended up in the pool with fag in hand with children playing very close to him, The so called security just watched without a care in the world.
Also on this particular day 4 of the lads decided to use the hotel toilets which again I didn't have a problem with until my 15 year old son came out to tell me he had seen all 4 lads go in one toilet, So now this was enough We then went to inform security about this and all he had to say was What do you expect this is Benidorm!!! Not what I wanted to hear from a so called family hotel!!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Bev W

Good Evening,

Please accept my apologies for the late reply. I have been on holiday and have just returned so I am catching up with everything.
Also please accept our deepest apologies for the problems you had during your stay.
I would be very grateful if you could send an e-mail directly to the Hotel, addressed to myself, with more information about the incident with the group of men and our security guard. This is something we take very seriously and comments like this are completely unacceptable from any member of staff. Therefore I would like to investigate this.
The keys for the rooms can stop working on the odd occasion. One of the main factors to keys not working is generally due to them being kept next to mobile phones. This deactivates the key and wipes all the information and then they therefore need resetting.
The lifts have had major improvements done to them over the past year. They are working a lot better and it is very rare now that we have people complaining about the lifts so I am very suprised to see that you had problems. Also, at peak times such as meal times, there can be a bit of a longer wait due to the vast amount of customers using them to either go down to the dining room or out of the Hotel to eat.
As I mentioned before, please accept our deepest apologies. I understand if you do not wish to e-mail regarding the incident but it would be a very big help. We are always looking to make improvements, as anywhere else, but could not do this without the help of our customers so therefore thank you for leaving your honest review too.
I look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Booked the Marina through Jet 2 for 14 nights in July 2017.

Facilities of the hotel bars, pool etc were all excellent and the nightlife was good with live acts in all 4 bars.

Disappointed by the standard of the rooms and only part of the hotel has had modernised rooms. We were moved by the holiday company rep after 2 days and whilst the modernised room was a little better... it wasn't worth the money.

Make sure you get a deal if your gonna stay here!

The hotel is central and close to the beach.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
MarinaHotelResort, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Marina Resort Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to leave a review!
I am saddened to see that you were not happy with the room allocated to you for your stay. I understand some people prefer the modern rooms but I am shocked that after being changed you didn't feel that the change was much better. The new rooms are getting fantastic feedback and we are trying our best to reform as many rooms as possible but as you understand we are a very busy Hotel. We also are doing different styles in different rooms so that they aren't all the same. Perhaps if you tried a different one you would feel it was a lot better!
We hope that you would come back and visit in the future as I am sure you would see a difference.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We have just spent 10 nights at the marina with 3 adults and 6 children ages from 10 - 17. I would first like to say how hard the bar staff work and how good they were with the kids. Now thats the only positive im afraid !

We went half board and the breakfast was just about edible , however the evening meal was awful every night. There is no choice for kids i.e pizza , chicken nuggets, there is chips there for about 2 minutes then all gone and have to wait another 10 minutes ! They have theme nights as well ( but wish they didn't ). Spanish night had no paella , in fact nothing that i could even say looked spanish ! We ended up eating out every night and i am by no means a fussy eater !

Now on to the pool ! To get a sunbed you need to be linford christie and be up very early. The hustle to get a bed starts at 8.15, the pool area has chains around it while they put the beds out which is fine until 8.50 when the grand national sunbed chase gets under way. Now if you've taken your trainers or your a trained mma fighter you should be fine unless the angry security guy singles you out ! On two occasions i saw this horrible person push people for no other reason than his own pleasure !

If your lucky enough to get a bed the pool area is fine during the week, however this pool is fully open to anybody walking in off the street which we found out on the saturday. A large group of drunk lads came to the pool bar already very drunk at around 3pm ! One was so drunk he fell over in front of the security guard pulling over a parasol ! The angry security man helped him up and guided him to the bar to get another round of shots ( i kid you not ) ! One of them jumped into the pool with a cigarette while my youngest was in it and none of the staff batted an eye lid ! Now you may think that was bad ( oh no more to come yet ). Are friends son went to the toilets in the hotel and came back looking very worried, when we asked what was wrong he said 4 of the drunk lads had gone into a cubicle together and he didn't feel safe. That was enough now ! We informed the angry security guard that not only were they beyond drunk they were also taking drugs in the toilet, his reply " you do know your in benidorm don't you"

After this we spent every evening at the rio park just up the road which has amazing outdoor entertainment for young and old.

So to sum up if you have already booked this hotel for a family holiday i really do feel for you ! And if you are thinking of booking the marina DONT !

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family