Sol Costablanca(Benidorm)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,808 results
All reviewssecret fountainwhite startitanic barpool areanoisy at nightyorkshire pridecentral locationlight sleepertwo double bedshalf boardreception staffnight lifebars and clubsevening mealbed and breakfasttribute actsearly hours
Reviewed 7 August 2017

The marina is a beautiful hotel, rooms are a little dated and some areas very shabby. But it's in a prime location and 150metres away from the beautiful beach. Would definitely go again,the only downside is lots of hen and stag party's so lots of noise but to be honest it's very entertaining watching all the antics.

Stayed: April 2017
MarinaHotelResort, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Marina Resort Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your great review on the Hotel!
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and would love to welcome you back! Hopefully with your next reservation we could try to allocate you a reformed room as I am sure you would see the amazing difference!
Please let me know if you need any help with any future reservations as I will be happy to help.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Asked for a room high up which I was given,no balcony on the end rooms but for me that was not a problem,only had breakfast but it was your typical Spanish hotel breakfast that you would get in the majority hotels in the Benidorm area,pool area was ok not enough loungers and as in most hotels people put towels on the beds and then are not seen for hours which again is the same everywhere the only thing here is with its position you get a lot of people coming in who are not guests,drink is very good value with good entertainment,never had any bother with lifts or noise but I was high up,hotel rooms very good and ac was good considering the extreme temperature maid did an excellent job,would I stay here again yes without doubt already looking for next year.

Room Tip: Higher floors can be quieter due to central location
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank johnhmiddlewich

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review!
We are glad that you are already looking at coming back - should you need any help with your reservation then please just let me know as I will be more than happy to help!
Let's hope that this time we can get you up on a high floor!

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights at the end of July. Great location for being central and a short walk down to the beach . We requested a higher floor via email prior to our break after reading the reviews about noise level. When we arrived we were pleased to see our request was fulfilled . To be fair the noise really wasn't as bad as the reviews had said . I'm sure it must be difficult if you have children to get to sleep as it's the area is very active till the early hours. We actually slept really well must have been the alcohol haha. Wi-Fi was pretty good at the hotel , rooms clean and beds comfortable. You have to pay for a room safe and you need your own pool towels, I've actually never been to a 4* hotel that doesn't provide these free of charge. Breakfast was adequet but only 8am till 10am ... We managed the first day but the late nights got the better of us . Almost impossible to get around the pool and even if you managed to get a bed it was like sardines. We are not smokers so it wasn't very pleasant around the pool in such close proximity to others, literally face to face . So we opted for the beach each day . Which may I add is spotless, it was my first time to Benidorm but my partners 3rd (stag dos) I've always shuddered at the thought. I got my eye wiped, I totally fell in love with the place. Very clean you wouldn't know the night before there had been a huge street party!! Lots to see and do , loved all the entertainment in the bars including the holiday makers. The old town is very pretty and Spanish and a trip to the Platform is a must , it's breathtaking . We also had a night at the Benidorm Palace, great night out and value for money . I would highly recommend this hotel for the cost and location a good 3* but not 4. we were here for my partners 60th and had a ball !! See you again Benidorm that for sure .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janmarley

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to leave a great, detailed review on the Hotel!
We are glad that overall you enjoyed your stay here and I am pleased to see that Benidorm has won you over! It is truly a beautiful place with so much to see and do!
I would like to apologise for the problems that you had with the sunbeds and I am pleased to tell you that we have a new system in place that is making the layout of them a lot better. We are getting very positive feedback from customers.

We hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

My family and I , have just come back from a 2 week stay at this hotel.
Good points - Food was ok. Hotel was very clean. Pools were very clean. The staff were very friendly.
My family all enjoyed the stay.
The hotel is in a good position for the night life and a short walk to the beach.
Bad points- The hotel has 17 floors and my wife is very afraid of heights so,,,,I emailed the hotel twice to ask for a room that was lower down.
I had no reply and on our arrival, we were put on the 15th floor. I asked for a lower level room and was told that all the family rooms were on the top floors.
The poolside is always very busy and the hotel allow anyone to come into the hotel and use the facilities, consequently...a lot of the people poolside are not from the hotel.
Would I stay in the hotel again - No...mainly because of the height issue.
The hotel is fine otherwise.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mondeoboxerblue

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your review!
We are glad that overall you enjoyed your stay here with us but also saddened to see that you had a problem with the height of your room.
Family rooms on lower floors do exist in the Hotel, but I should assume there was none available during your stay to change you to. We always try to make room changes if possible but as you can understand it is a very busy time of year for us and therefore it is difficult.
I hope that you would change your mind and decide to come and visit us again in the future. Please e-mail myself personally through the website and I would ensure to get you a lower floor as I know how much this would mean.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed half board in hotel marina for 3 nights.
The good points
-the location is perfect. Couple of minutes to the beach and a nice stroll to old town. The bars and clubs were on the doorstep.
Supermarket across the road. Restaurants/take aways next door.
-the rooms (with balcony) were clean, yet slightly dated. View was great. Bath and shower inc.

The bad points
-the food was shocking, no choice, basic food. We paid half board and only had dinner on one evening.
-the pool is too small for the hotel and unless you are at pool side by 8:30am, good luck finding a sunbed.
-The lifts in the hotel go where they want, when they want! We sometimes waited 10 minutes for the lift to the 9th floor. On one occasion I carried a pushchair and my 4 month old son down all 9 floors.
-the food at the pool bar was nothing like the photos. I ordered nachos, dips and chilli... we had a cube of chilli approx 1cm square. (No exaggeration) and the bar staff were rude and stated the photos are only photos.
-entertainment is slightly confusing. The white star pub has entertainment, the hotel poolside has entertainment, and the hotel bar also... the only issue is that these are all in the same venue so you have 3 acts in the same place which is a slight mess on your ears.
SAYING this... I would stay here again, self catering and purely for location to get to the other bars and clubs. Only if it was a decent price. Plenty more places otherwise.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
MarinaHotelResort, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Marina Resort Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for leaving a detailed review on the Hotel.
I am saddened to hear that there are various aspects of your stay that you didn't enjoy and I will ensure to personally look into them with each department.
Over the past year we have made vast improvements to the lifts and the programming on them. The overall feedback has been very positive but as you can understand we are a very busy Hotel and at peak times, so as expected, there can be a slight delay.
Nevertheless, please accept our apologies and we hope that you would come back and visit us again soon.