“Disappointed ”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Bromeswell
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 51
Cuisines: Italian, British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are delighted to announce that we have reopened following significant refurbishment after our catastrophic fire. We have a new look, new menus and a brand new kitchen. The Unruly Pig is a 16th century Suffolk Inn. It has cosy log burners, original oak beams, sloping ceilings, Wi-Fi and an eclectic mixture of pop and local art: a traditional pub with a contemporary feel and ambience.
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

My 50th birthday so my wife treated me to a meal at the Unruly Pig, we had been before and had enjoyed the meal I knew that there were changes to the menu so looked forward to another nice meal. So the place looked great the staff couldn’t do enough for you top marks but, my wife ordered the burger this was I think £11 now don’t get me wrong I’m all for quality ingredients but what my wife was given was a burger on a plate that’s it. Last time we frequented the pig my wife ordered the burger which came with chunky chips and I think onion rings, I ordered the lamb at £18 again I don’t mind paying for good food but I know you will get some fat on most meats but what I received was half meat half fat and a little chewy as well. So a disappointing 50th birthday meal but everything else spot on.

2  Thank Calogero B
theunrulypig, Owner at The Unruly Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

I hope what follows helps :

1 Last time, you visited The Unruly Burger was indeed served with onion rings and dripping/chunky chips and it was priced at £14.50. You paid £11 as you chose not to have any fries/ chips/ onion rings etc. Whilst we received very many compliments about our burger( it is still our best seller) we also received many comments about the over generous portions and we noticed too much going to waste.We therefore decided to reduce the cost of the burger and simultaneously improve it (e.g lettuce and caramelized onion garnish, to add to the Roquefort mayonnaise in the brioche bun) and thus let customers make the choice of sides to accompany ( e.g our Parmesan and Pancetta fries are a new addition and are flying out the door as an accompaniment to our Burger). There has therefore been a reduction in the primary price to enable our guests greater choice and flexibility.

2 It is difficult now for us to objectively respond to your comment about the lamb as you did not draw your concerns to our attention when you were meal checked.Yours are the first adverse comments received about the lamb. You have kindly recognized that our team could not do enough for you. Had you mentioned your concern /dissatisfaction when you were meal checked, we would have swiftly offered to change your dish/ recook it ( whichever was your preference) and also cooked your wife's dish afresh.

We hope you feel able to make a return visit to The Unruly Pig and if you do please 'phone me in advance ( Brendan 01394 460310) so I can do my best to ensure your next visit is as successful/enjoyable as your first visit

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Our second visit to The Unruly Pig, and another really delicious meal. We opted for the set menu (3 Courses) and I have to say we could not fault the Quality, Taste, Presentation and value of our meals...the staff are very Knowledgeable of the menu, attentive and just nice ! The Menu always seems to change, which is nice if you visit often. We travelled about an hour to get to the Unruly Pig, but so worth it ! Can't wait to go back....
Yum yum !

Date of visit: February 2018

Thanks very much indeed for making the journey which is very much appreciated.Thank you also for such kind and generous comments

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Upmarket and friendly pub with excellent food. We had delicious sandwiches - mackerel and horseradish, and toasted cheese and ham hock. The pub is beautifully decorated with fires, interesting paint colours and lovely rugs. Good wine and beer list.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Again from the moment we arrived we felt valued and welcome. We had 3 courses (pure greed) and each was divine. The Sunday roast beef was pink and the vegetables that accompanied the dish were all lovely. Fantastic cocktail and drinks menu, which is very competitively priced especially the wines. Our waitress was friendly and informative about the menu as well as being personable. Very busy, but bizarrely you don't feel that you are overwhelmed with other diners, its quite a surprise to find so many people are also there when you look around. We love this place, wish it was closer.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Well after our lunch yesterday I can hardly believe these critical reviews I have just read.
A Sunday lunch service heaving with diners and more customers still pouring in at 3.00pm. Young but personable waiters/waitresses offering a knowledgable service. A roast beef lunch was about as good as it gets outside of mum's homemade. A wine that we could have drunk till the sun set. A really buzzing atmosphere. Fair prices. We have eaten in some of the best restaurants this country has to offer and we were more than satisfied with this delicious lunch. Yes we shall definitely return.

1  Thank Goodgirl79
theunrulypig, Owner at The Unruly Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thanks so much for your kind comments and we will very much look forward to your next visit