“Friendly staff but dissapointing dinner”
Review of Cornucopia

Cornucopia
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Cornucopia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,406 of 12,141 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: US$ 29 - US$ 41
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro
Description: Creative cuisine restaurant that fuses the ingredients & traditions of different regions. In the heart of Madrid (Callao)
Reviewed 29 November 2016

The restaurant is well-located, nicely decorated and has a good atmospehere. Service is fast and friendly. But the most important thing did not meet my expectations: food. First, they have an only type of bread (white bread made of refined grain). This is not terrible as it is unfortunately common in most Spanish restauranta. The worst thing is that under the "vegetarian soup of the day" they were serving clams soup, not at all vegetarian. Fish was served with a bed of vegetables that were so cooked that had no flavor at all. It was not very expensive nut not cheap either, considering that dinner was not satisfying at all. Never again I will go there.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Our guide took our small group of 14 here for our celebration farewell dinner. Certainly not a place you would find on your own. It's a lovely arty restaurant with local colourful paintings everywhere.
The staff although friendly seemed a little disorganised with our orders, bringing out my main before my husband's entree, missing our wine order, mixing up dishes with people, but it all worked out in the end. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their food. I loved my grilled ' grouper' , which was delicious fish on crispy vegetables. The pork was mouth- watering tender and the best of the tour. My chocolate torte for dessert was not made on that day, a little stale but still tasty.
Reasonably priced too. Not sure whether it was a group discount, but they gave us 30% discount provided we all ordered a main plus either an entree or dessert.

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

We like to walk the back alleys to find "those" places. This is one of those. Not perfect but very good. Our favorite dish tonight was the salmon ceviche. The staff was kind and helpful. The Prawns, We're just small shrimp. Not what I was expecting. But still well prepared.

Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

Went with mates for food. Food is great . Looks good,taste good.
Only problem was service was a bit slow,having said that,it was full but an extra waiter could have helped to get drinks quicker.

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

This is a restaurant I went to in 2008 on my first visit to Madrid. I found the food to be so good and the service great that we came back the following day. Over the years, I have returned and had good experience. It has become a little tradition for me to come back.

Today, Jan 21, 2016 went to continue the tradition. We started with an appetizer of shrimp with a peanut sauce. It was so good we had to use the bread to soak up the juice. For our main course, my friend chose the ceviche and she loved it. She told me she is very picky when it come to ceviches. I chose the pork. When the pork arrived the first thing that hit me was the smell of the dish. It smelled so good. I found the dish to be enjoyable. For dessert, I wanted the orange crêpe and my friend wanted the apple pie. She ordered the orange crêpe but I cancelled it & asked for the apple pie. The waiter brought us the crêpe. I was about to tell him but she said it was fine. I did not enjoy it. It was very tart but my friend did enjoy it.

The ambiance is great. Food was good. Waiter was easy on the eyes but was a little overwhelmed. It was just him and he handled several tables on his own. He did a great job but we ended up waiting a lot. He was very friendly. Eventually someone else arrived to help out.

Our total bill was about 55€. This price included 3 beers, 1 glass of wine, 1 starter, bread with hummus (which was good but they charge you for it), 2 entrees, 1 dessert and one cup of coffee. We did get 30% off for making a reservation through this app.

Heads up: in order to apply the 30% for two people, four dishes were required to be ordered.

Would I return? Yes I would. There were other dishes I definitely want to try.