Review Highlights

from US$ 74.50
from US$ 14.50
from US$ 52.68
2,296 results
All reviews trip ticket tourist ticket always on time ticket machine buy tickets euros platform signage stops passes pickpockets renfe europe sol
Reviewed 2 days ago

Just spent a long weekend in Madrid and spent a lot of time travelling on the Metro. We were all over the city and traveled exclusively by Metro. It was intuitive, efficient, clean and allowed you to reach every part of the city relatively quickly. I found it to be the best system that I have ever traveled. Also, I was traveling with a 9 and 6 year old, and had no issues with using it with children.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Madrid Metro is as great as Metro service can be. Trains succeed another within minutes, the stations are clean, large and airy. The system allows you to go from one end of the city to another in half hour or less. It is also a great way to to travel to and from the airport.

Reviewed 2 days ago

From the airport to central Madrid took about 35 minutes. The metro announcements were all in Spanish and English. The signs were easy to follow when we had to change trains.
There were some very long walks between platforms!

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

We arrived for a day visit to Madrid. If you are familiar with subways, this is the perfect way to get to and from the airport to town. If you aren’t sure, the metro staff is very helpful and almost everyone we asked spoke English.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

The metro is the best way to get around. The whole system is easy. Depending on the individual. I just did the one journey ticket (mistake) get either the 8 journey ticket or the 7 day pass. Wasn’t sure what we were going to do so I kept buying the one journey ticket.
It wasn’t until we figured out how to get around (the last day) that the 8 journey ticket would of been perfect. It covers the bus and the metro. We did LOTS OF WALKING and I do mean A LOT. However, pass would of been perfect.

Reviewed 5 days ago

During my recent stay, my friend and I used the metro every time we wanted to go somewhere in the city. and familiarise yourself with the metro in Madrid. It is the easiest and quickest way to visit all of the interesting places in the city. The service is extremely good, and is probably the best underground system I have ever used. It is a must that you use and familiarise yourself with the metro system. It helped make our stay so much better.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Easy to access various points of the city using this. I was espeically impressed how they got thousans of football (Atletico/Dortmund Champions League match) fans out of the Metropolitano after the match.

Very helpful attendants at the ticketing stations as well. English speaking options for the ticketing machines.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The Madrid Metro is one of the, if not simply the, best ways to navigate around town. It's clean, fast, and covering the city well. We did not feel unsafe over rides.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The Metro is the way to get around Madrid. We live in MN and we do NOT have subways/Metros so I love to use them when traveling.

I always felt safe, but did move my purse to be in the front of me to eliminate losing it. We got a card for our entire family and added rides on periodically. A couple of times our credit card didn't work so we had to use cash which was a little bit of a nuances, but it was all good.

Definitely use it to get to anywhere in Madrid within a few blocks!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Typical of European countries to want to make traveling comfortable... everything clean and efficient!