“Fantastic food outstanding service!”

Atelier Belge Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 11,524 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: US$ 47 - US$ 53
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Highly recommended restaurant. Authentic Belgian food, impeccable service, nice setting. They offer the best mussels in Madrid. We specially love the ones with mustard sauce. Don't miss the chocolate desert.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I came here with some friends to have lunch. I was expecting something good, and I was quite surprised, especially with the appetizers. Here are my comments for every dish:

- mussels bisque with sage foam: Wow, wow, wow. They offered this as a compliment and it's a shame they don't have it as a dish in the menu. Simply delicious, refined, elegant, Sublime !!

- Fois gras mi cuit: fantástico

- white asparagus: loves the egg garnish

- Parmesan Croquetas: exquisite!!!!

Now the as main dish we ordered Mussels. As a general opinion, they all needed some extra salt. It's important to note that adding salt to this dish is hard, since they come in the shell, and it won't mix too well. Therefore , it's important that the salt is added while preparing this dish. We ordered three variations: marinières, normandes and red curry. They were nice, but not to the level of the appetizers.

As desert, we had the strawberries and the chocolate specialty. Loved the chocolate desert.

I would come back to this place. My compliments to the chef, and hope he takes note of the salt recommendation. Bon Appétit !!!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We went 3 times during our 7 day stay in Madrid. The first night was a wonderful experience. Starting from the signature specialty cocktail to the mises en bouche. The starter was the carpaccio imaginative and tasty followed by the tar tar - very nice and tommy taste as I was asked to taste before they served so that they could adjust the seasoning. Despite being late - I was still feeling peckish. I thought the chef knows I'm on a diet. Second visit I had mussels in red curry. Extremely tasty and the quality was as expected. Then the fish. I had already explained that I do not have carbohydrates and asked to substitute the potatoes. Given the restaurant and potential of the chef I had expectations. In vain, whdn the dish arrived it had an impression of a piece of fish and an impression of a side salad. Poor. The third night I had mussels - opening the pot it felt as I had the remnants of the mussel order. The tar tar was ok. My friend's tuna was over done. My other friend's onglet was chewy.

Worst the service had dropped - nowhere near the first night's service. I had to ask the server to ask the chef to add some seasoning to the tar tar. The chef was going to all tables but never to ours. The excuse was that he does not speak English and we do not speak Spanish. Even so we both speak French. Even so he had a member of staff who spoke perfect English and you could translate.

In a restaurant of this class the most important aspect is consistency I'm fraid this consistency was not there on all three locations that I visit in the space of six days. Will I visit again? Definitely not. Pity because the chef exhibits potential.

GourmandRest, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Atelier Belge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear Customer,

I wanted to personally thank you for bothering to write this review of our restaurant and we are very sorry to have that opinion.

The chef has a lot of professional experience in the world of cuisine, he has 25 years professionally dedicated to the kitchen, has worked in restaurants in Belgium, France and Spain with 3 and 2 stars Michelin.

I hope you don´t consider my failures to write this answer.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Atelier Belge is a pleasant surprise among a sea of sameness in Madrid. Have a Belgian beer presented in attention-grabbing glasses downstairs before going to the restaurant. The courses are well thought-out and tasty, nicely presented and well-priced.

1  Thank Krucat
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

This is one of the best restaurants in Madrid. The food and service is always amazing
This is the 4 time we came back and is always good.

1  Thank Eduardo C