“A Michelin quality meal at an absurd price”

Nakeima Dumpling Bar
Ranked #287 of 12,964 Restaurants in Madrid
Neighbourhood: Chamberí
Neighbourhood: Chamberí
Reviewed 22 October 2018

I saw this place in a number of food sites and I made the decision to come here. I am so glad I made that decision. This was easily the best meal I had in Madrid. A fantastic 15 course meal of Spanish and Asian fusion using some of the best quality ingredients and technique.

The price is also very low for this kind of a meal, having the entire meal and a number of drinks I only ended up paying 72 Euros. That is insane, a similar restaurant in Geneva would like 3 times this cost. It is also not a set cost, you only pay per course, so you could pay less if you get full before the end.

This is a must go restaurant, I super recommend that you go.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Amazing food. After the hours of wait in line it´s definitely worth the wait to get one of the 20 seats available. I love the experience to get surprised at every plate. We have no idea what was going to be served and the food was just amazing, new taste and texture. All perfect, you really need to go once and try everything.

Only one down point was that in the beginning the waiters and chef treat us really well until my girlfriend decided to stop before the last plates in the menu and the waiters started to treat us totally different, they were kind of angry that she couldn’t finish her plates.

But in overall good service and amazing and unforgettable food!!! Come with empty stomach!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We went a group of friends coz we were nearby, the place had really good reviews and we booked with discount.

The menu is very large and several options about Asian food: sushi, ramen, noodles, etc. Not all of the dishes are Japanese, but people usually don’t know it.

The quality average is medium, however the price is very low:
Spicy beef egg rice 8/10
Chicken noodles 7/10
Sushi 6/10
Tuna Tartar 3/10
Dim sum 8/10
Gyozas 9/10

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

This place is just amazing, I love it, but also admit it is not for everyone. In my opinion food is creative and delicious and the atmosphere is quite nice and relaxed. For some it might seem expensive compared to Madrid standard - you can easily pay here €100 per person including some good wines....but in my opinion the value for money is good. Some may be spooked by the sometimes up to 2 hours queue that one has to do to get a table, or by the too much of a show displayed by the waiters some times, but in a nutshell, places with such food quality and creativity are a rare find.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Great food and experience. You will not regret the long wait. Staff is very friendly and recommendations are a 100% reliable. One of the best restaurants I have been to in Madrid.

Date of visit: August 2017