Hotel Puerta America
US$ 289
US$ 283
Only YOU Hotels
  • Restaurant
Axor Feria Hotel(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$ 104
  • Pool
Hotel Mediodia(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
US$ 103
NH Madrid Ribera del Manzanares(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$ 136
US$ 117
  • Restaurant
ILUNION Suites Madrid(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$ 87
US$ 81
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Ibis Madrid Aeropuerto Barajas(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$ 97
US$ 85
US$ 108
US$ 92
  • Pool
Ibis Madrid Calle Alcala(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$ 80
2,865 results
All reviewssilken puertaround bedzaha hadidspace ageron aradinteresting hoteljean nouvelwooden bathtop floordesigner hotelcity centresteam roomgreat designroom servicestar hotelrooftop barmetro station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed here with 5 friends (3 couples) for long weekend in Madrid. Firstly the rate we got was outstanding. Great reception area, and Bar. Great views from bar on top floor also. Wide selection of rooms, a little more concerned with style than practicality but otherwise excellent. Great staff in all areas. Ate at Hotel one night and again great service and price. It is a little out of centre but in Madrid you will need to use metro's to get around so bite the bullet stay here and get a tourist ticket so you can hop on and hop off the Metro which is about 150yds away

Room Tip: We went for second floor but the higher the better the views of course.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2012

The hotel staff could not be more pleasant upon your arrival. I checked in no problem, room was lovely, had great views and was very large. The hotel itself is very well kept and extremely funky!

Breakfast is worth a mention since the selection really is excellent.

One word though - it's quite far out of central Madrid.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This hotel is freekin cool! We on the 7th floor, which is the White Floor... You have to pay a bit extra to stay in that floor for some reason - not sure why... but it was really cool. We didn't pay, we got upgraded because the hotel was full. If you don't know much about this hotel I suggest you check out their website to see all the different rooms you can choose from. OK, now here's the important stuff: The hotel is a distance from the city center, I'd say about 20 minutes on the Metro. There is a metro stop literally a 2 minute walk from the front door, so as long as you don't mind being right in the center of things, its no biggie. That was the biggest downside, but if this hotel was right in the city center the price would be double. We used the pool and the steam room...very nice! The surrounding area is nice and there are several restaurants to choose from! Very fun!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tamdude
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Here is a really orginal concept each floor of this hotel has been totally designed by an established European designer and it's amazing.

You know you have arrinved somewhere special when on arrival you are offered an IPad to select your room from, being female some forty minutes later I was still deciding!

The good news is there are eleven floor and this weekend I return to experience another floor....

I ate at the restaurant on the first night I stayed it was a truely fantastic meal. I had so many different small samplers brought to me I didn't really need to order a starter, the staff throughout this hotel are proud to work somewhere so fantastic and it shows, they are happy, helpful and charming.

I went to the bar for drinks and have to say that the music playing was fantastic, I heard so many new things, my Shazam went into overdrive! The cocktails were well made and the barman so intent on you having a good time it was hard to leave.

On the roof is a pool and a trendy open air bar that apparently is 'the place' to be at the weekends, I can understand why.

In the past I have been to Madrid and it had never really fired my imagination, having found this hotel I'd say it is fast becoming my favourite 'new' european destination that and 9 more floors to discover!

If you want something different and are inspired by good design and a completely new hotel experience then stay here, as to what floor.... I'll get back to you on that!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Discerning121
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed in this hotel on our way back home for just one night thankfully;I would never be able to stay longer!
We got it through Priceline and got a good deal,but were terribly disappointed.
The location is bad,it's very far from the center,in the residential area of the city.
The design is awkward,uninvited,gloomy. The room was painted black,with black sheets and pillows. The walls in the hallway were black as well. It all reminds an Asian prison with black lattice curtains. There was no coffeemaker,no iron.
The swimming pool is inside,but narrow and awkward as well.
The staff was OK,but not personal or interested.
Altogether,I don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ttravella
Valeria K, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Puerta America, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Ttravella,

We regret that you have not enjoyed your stay at our Hotel, we are really sorry that you have found the wonderful Arata Isozaki’s design “Horrible”, Arata Izosaki is one of the most prestigious architects in the world, he has brought the customs of his culture to the tenth floor of the Hotel Silken Puerta América using premium materials. The space is full of oriental references to the Japanese tradition at home.
Tranquillity and well-being, are the ideas that govern the interior design of the rooms.
Each detail transports the client to a typical Japanese room. Wooden panelling at the large window looking out onto the façade, known as shoji, crafted of stained oak and covered with a white gossamer fabric, is clearly reminiscent of the screens used in traditional Japanese houses.
We would like to inform you that we are just 10 minutes walking from the “Milla de Oro” that is one of the most exiting places for shopping, and only 2 minutes walking to the subway station that will bring you in 10 minutes to the heart of Madrid.

We are sorry that you didn’t like the Japanese style floor, but we do have 11 floors more to explore and discover!

Kind regards,