All reviewsgran via metrogreat locationsmall roommini fridgecentral locationminute walkkeysshowernoisereceptionboilerelevatorcafesspain
Reviewed 3 February 2016

Staff antipatic from the first time.
Let us wait 1h hour for our room (we get the room at 1pm, the check in is at 12pm), never ask for apollogise and even said that it was normal, because the check out it's at the same time (what???).

After one bad night sleep because of the hard pillow, I ask for another one, smaller... and the girl say that they don't have... just that ones. But, she was with one room open, with a smaller pillow... I ask for one like that one and she said that can't. So, they really don't care about the costumer, because of that I had another night with bad sleeping...

If I was you... don't book this hotel.

Room Tip: muy mal servicio, no permanecer aquí.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
hostallosalpes, Propietario at Hostal Los Alpes, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Dear customer
Thank you very much for your instructions.
We always like that customers tell us our positive and negative points and thus continue to improve.
Although we have various types of pillows to the client service, on this occasion, we have not been able to meet tastes by some misunderstanding...
As for check-in say that the rooms are available from 12 pm, not at 12 o'clock. But, thanks to your comment, we have delayed this hour to 13 p.m. to have a greater margin for cleaning.
We are glad that you enjoyed the central location.
Thank you for everything and hope to see you again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 27 January 2016

The hostel is in a good situation in Madrid close to Gran Via.
My room this time was small and claustrofobic .The weather was unusually warm and the room was next to a service room with a large water heater.The extractor was right beside my window.I commented on this and was told to turn the radiator off !
Everything was clean and well maintained.The cleaner does a very good job.I did find the pillows and the mattress hard.
The inside rooms face onto a patio where you hear everything that is going on with the neighbours.
The lady on reception desk is efficient but very sparse in words.
One night for me was enough,it served my purpose and the price was reasonable for the centre of Madrid.

Stayed: January 2016
Reviewed 14 January 2016

Great location in the city center, close to metro station, nicely furnished, clean room and shared bathroom. Good Wi-fi connection. The disadvantage may be that you can hear everything from other rooms.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2015

Room was very clean and very central to everything we wanted to do. Just 1 minute away from Metro stop made travel plans very easy. Street noise was not a problem. There is an amazing glutenfree bakery just around the corner. 5 minute walk to puerta del sol.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2015

For the price this is a great place to stay. Location is excellent. Right in the middle of all the action, close to the metro. Very clean . A bit noisy at times as the rooms are not exactly sound proof. If someone rings the bell to get in it rings throughout the entire place. Got woken up a couple of times. Staff very helpful even when they don't speak English. When booking ask for a room with a fridge. You don't have access to any kitchen so having a fridge will allow you to keep drinks cold.
It was nice having a small shower and sink in the room! By small I mean enough room for one person but very convenient. The washroom was just up the hall and very clean.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends