“Small boutique hotel in Madrid”

Petit Palace Posada del Peine
Ranked #98 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 11 October 2017

This hotel is a quaint,very small boutique hotel nestled in a corner steps away from the Plaza Mayor. It is quite cute and very clean. I was told it is the oldest hotel in Madrid which has been refurbished. Nevertheless, I did have a problem. I had booked an upgrade “Romantic Holiday” room with a balcony weeks prior to our arrival. When we arrived and went to the room, there were bunk beds in our room which made it difficult to get out onto the balcony. I immediately went to the reception desk and explained that there must be some kind of mistake with the room as it was not my idea of a romantic room. I was told that I had been “upgraded to a larger quad room” with a bottle of champagne and there were no other rooms to switch to. I expressed my displeasure, they said they were sorry. They did not seem to understand why I was upset! I am not sure how the misunderstanding took place but I probably will not return to this hotel. Oh, and the room safe did not work.

Room Tip: Before check in, ask what type of room they have reserved for you. My room was not what I had reserv...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Patricia A, Front Office Manager at Petit Palace Posada del Peine, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear Linda,

Thank you for staying at Petit Palace Posada del Peine last trip to Madrid and for sharing your experience with us.

On one hand, I am very happy you could enjoy our lovely location next to Plaza Mayor and also the cleaning service of the hotel.

On the other hand, I want to apologyze for your disappointment with the room. Unfortunatelly when this happened there was no other kind of room to be moved to.

I am so sorry about this issue and it would be a pleasure to me if you contact us your next stay in Madrid trying to change your mind about us.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This is a very convenient hotel with a friendly and attentive front desk staff. It is steps from the Paza Mayor.

We had only one small glitch. The in room fridge did not function. Otherwise the room was comfortable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Patricia A, Front Office Manager at Petit Palace Posada del Peine, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Tom,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about your stay in Petit Palace Posada del Peine and for taking two minutes to share your experience with us.

The wonderful location just a few steps to Plaza Mayor gives our guests the chance to visit all the city by walking and discover the most important touristic places of Madrid.

We are going to double check what is happening with the minibar in your room and we really apologyze for the inconveniences caused with this matter.

Apart of this, I am very glad that you could enjoy our hotel.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Wonderful service and excellent room. Ideal to be able to combine a one night business trip with a superb location to see a few sites at night. Highly recommended. The staff were extremely helpful and the facilities everything that I required.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Allanknapp,

Thank you so much for having booked at Petit Palace Posada del Peine although it was just a one night business trip.

We are very glad that you could enjoy our location, the service and the staff, who tried to help you in anything you needed during your stay.

We hope you have the chance to visit us again on a holiday trip for a longer stay. It will be a pleasure to see you again!

Best wishes. Patricia Alonso. Front desk manager.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I have traveled many countries and have stayed at some of the most exclusive resorts & hotels but I have never experienced the treatment I received while staying at this location. The staff was rude, unprofessional and made racial comments all while I was standing there waiting to check in. They assumed I didn't know or understand the language. Please beware and do your research! There are many hotels in this locations that will treat their guests professionally and with respect. This is not one of them!

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room not on the front or side of restaurant.. Very noisy
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Karima, thank you for choosing Petit Palace Posada del Peine and for sharing your opinion about us. I can assure that any time we have had a racial commentarie about any of the guest, as the essential of our job is the interaction with people from all over the world. I really apologyze I you felt like this, because of course it wasn´t our intention.
Thank you so much and I keep under your disposal for anything you need.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located close to the Plaza Mayor, which we loved. Our room was located on the second floor so it was a bit noisy with the bars located below, so next time we will ask for a higher floor. The hotel offers breakfast, and it has a lot of options, including many gluten-free options. The staff was very helpful and welcoming. The room was comfortable although a bit small.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Kathleen,
Thank you so much for having booked at Petit Palace Posada del Peine and for sharing your experience at our hotel.

The location, a few steps from Plaza Mayor lets you visit the most important places of the city by walking. We are very happy that you took advantage of it!

Apart of this, we are very glad that the breakfast service succeded your expectations and also the staff of it.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Madrid, and don´t hesitate to ask for a higher floor. We also have double superior rooms, which size is bigger than in the double.

Best regards. Patricia Alonso. Front desk manager