“Fun, clean and organized”
Review of Cat's Hostel

and 1 more site!
Cat's Hostel
Ranked #18 of 413 Speciality Lodging in Madrid
Reviewed 13 January 2017

Showed up at Cat's this past December with no reservation (would NOT recommend during the summer), they accommodated us very quickly, showed us to our room and explained the entire hostel in an easy process. Bathrooms were cleaned multiple times throughout the day, decor is beautiful and the bar is a complete blast. Lockers per individual provided in every room were large enough to fit our backpacks and miscellaneous items. Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: 4 person dormitory, best choice!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jessicabeck91
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

Just an OK experience here. Excellent location, fun tours and activities planned for everyone. Walking tours, bar, parties, etc. the hostel provides lots of activities for you. The downside was that the staff were not very friendly at all, the Wi-fi is TERRIBLE, and I had jeans and my shirt stolen from my locked room. You can only receive wi-fi in the main lobby area, but in your room there is just no connection. Everytime I wanted to send a text or browse online I had to leave the room and walk to the lobby...very annoying after a couple times. Also, I had a pair of jeans and shirt that I left in my room next to my locker and they disappeared after an afternoon. The cleaning ladies later had my jeans when I asked, but not my shirt. So essentially they came in and took my clothes...Anyways, it is a good location, but they need to improve lots of stuff.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Cat's hostel has a great location walking distance to everywhere, all the staff is very helpful and friendly, good deal with the breakfast, clean and safe, i loved the bracelet key for the room and the locker, cool activities everyday, the walking tour with Violette was great!! I Highly recommend this place!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2016

The hostel has an extremely beautiful lobby. The rooms and bathrooms are clean (with extremely powerful shower jets-wonderful for cleaning after a night out ;) ).
My friend and I had a great time. They had excellent drink specials and some food for Christmas eve. The bartenders/ Pubcrawl organizers were very helpful and did a great job of keeping everyone together and getting everyone to each place. The neighborhood is excellent and with the Pubcrawl we got to enjoy many nearby bars and clubs. The Christmas eve dinner/ Pubcrawl/ happy hour was also a great way to meet others from the hostel.
The hostel is also close to Plaza Mayor and has some cute restaurants and cafes on every street.
The reception lady (don't remember her name) who was working on Christmas day was super friendly, kind, and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed 23 December 2016

I had booked their sister-hostel, Mad-hostel, but was moved to this one. Because of that I got free breakfast for all days and a much better room than I had ordered in the first place, which was so sweet of them. Other than that I really enjoyed my stay, people were friendly, the cleanliness was decent and there was a good atmosphere. Definitely value for money! And they have a beautiful patio wow. Thanks!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo