“Charming little place in the center of Madrid”
Review of Casa Chueca Hostal

Casa Chueca Hostal
Ranked #162 of 428 Speciality Lodging in Madrid
Reviewed 26 April 2017

I arrived in a chaotic way; They are still finishing the place but without too much problems for the guests. The whole area breaths authentic Madrilene atmosphere. Once inside I was greated by a lovely charming lady, I forgot her name. She checked me in very smoothly and assigned my room with a big smile. The room was a bit too romantic for me as I was on a business trip with rose leaves on the bed and complimetary cava. I slept very nice in the huge bed and the breakfast was served in the room which was a nice surprise. I can only recommand this place. They just have to make sure it is finished soon.

Room Tip: Go there if you look for cosiness
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

This hostel is located on one floor of a building in the gay district of Madrid, a few minutes from Grand Via. I had a late check-in so had to arrange with the Manager to meet me at the property - he is not there 24/7. The budget room was a fair size but en-suite was small. Room was basic but clean. No eating facilities but plenty of small supermarkets and cafes nearby for food. Subway was no more than 5 minutes with easy access to the city. Overall was satisfied with my stay knowing it was budget accommodation.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

If you are gay, Chueca is a must-see. And if you want to live in the area, we can recommend this hostal because of its great location, fair price and polite staff. There is a lot of noise from the streets, but if you like to go out, it's no big problem.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2015

Casa Chueca is in a great location. Great price. Clean. Mario was a very nice host. The only thing I would say is that the single room (#5) has no window so can be a bit stuffy and enclosed feeling. The place was quiet, but any little noise you can hear in all the rooms. I would recommend this place for budget travelers

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2015

The one annoying thing is that I didn't realize how small this place is. Maybe 6 rooms or so. When I arrived the door was locked. That was really frustrating. There's only one guy who works there, Mario. After like 20 minutes he finally showed up. He apologized profusely and he was very kind. The room was very small and simple, but it was clean, and cheap, and that's all I needed for myself for 2 nights. It was centrally located and convenient to everything. Mario was really helpful. I would stay here again the next time I'm in Madrid! I would recommend arranging the time that you will be arriving in advance so you don't get locked out like I did. It's not a good hostel for meeting people, since there's no common area to hang out. I didn't even see any of the other guests the whole time I was there.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo