Free cancellation until 28/07
  • Pool
US$ 168
US$ 158
  • Restaurant
Novotel Madrid Puente de la Paz(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$ 94
US$ 88
  • Pool
US$ 225
US$ 180
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Madrid Centro(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$ 81
US$ 142
US$ 125
Priceline
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 149/night.

US$ 374
US$ 317
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2012

One of the great things about Madrid is that you can still find affordable nice little hostals in the center of things and Casa Chueca is a perfect example of this. I couldn't have been more pleased by the service, cleanliness, comfort, location -- and all for a fraction of a cost of what other major cities would charge for a similiar place. Mario, the receptionist, was helpful in helping me find an alarm clock and providing information about the neighborhood. My room faced the street -- personally, I like the liveliness and the sounds of the street below. My only issue is the shower. It's very small, it's hard to even turn around and I wish there was a removable shower-head. Probably not an issue for most people, but it's a little small for me. In any case, I highly recommend Casa Chueca -- a great, affordable option right in the heart of one of the best neighborhoods in the world!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Tucked away in the centrally located, gay friendly neighborhood of Chueca my wife and I found this quaint little hostel. The prices were on par with the other hostels we looked at in the area (€55) and the rooms were simple and clean with recently renovated bathrooms. The rooms are basic and not fancy but they are modern and clean, with colorful walls and decor.

The major upside to this hostel was Mario, the resident manager. He was incredibly helpful in showing us around the neighborhood, giving us recomendations for everything nearby. Make sure to ask him where to find good Sangria in the neighborhood!! Unfortunately my wife lost her debit card one night and although we were to check out that morning Mario was very accommodating and helpful by letting us use his phone and Internet services so we could cancel it.

I would recommend this place for others. Don't expect luxury, just clean rooms and very friendly service at a fair price, which are the most important things for most travelers.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Boot206
Reviewed 26 November 2010

the website looks nice, but the reality is far from what is offered. the rooms are not very nice and quite shabby. the walls have mold stains (luckily i changed rooms), the towels in the bathroom are not clean and probably used to be white decades ago. the owner/receptionist charged me the wrong amout on my credit card and then refused to give me back the difference claiming that i got upgraded to a double room and having only booked a single room (but turned out the single room was still occupied by another guest who prolongued his stay).
it's too expensive for what it offeres and there are definitely better hostels in madrid. i have been in a lot better ones for the same prize and regret booking casa chueca. never again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank jkfs111
Reviewed 5 November 2010

it all looks very nice on the website, but this is a depressing nightmare.
there is blackmail implicit when you book online, because qhen you get there you're obliged to stay for 2 nigths in a really crap, small and smelly room.
the worse I have experienced (I organize turism groups).it costs around 60 euros nigth and it should cost no more then 20.
it is noisy and it even looks like they rent it by the hour...
evoid at all costs.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank narciso_dili
Reviewed 4 November 2010

My comments are directed at Casa Chueca’s misleading and deceitful booking practices and poor customer service. I booked a room for 2 nights beginning October 26 on very short notice based on Casa Chueca’s website information. At no time was I informed that the building was under renovation. As I arrived in Madrid prior to the day of my stay, on the day before my check-in date at Casa Chueca I decided to visit the hostal to acquaint myself with the property and the neighborhood. I spent several minutes trying to find it and even called Casa Chueca twice during my search for assistance in locating the building. It wasn’t until my third call to them and they informed me to look for the building “covered in plastic” that I realized why I was not able to find it, it was in fact completely covered in plastic and scaffolding.
I decided that I could not stay in such a depressing place and had to immediately resort to trying to find another hotel to stay at for 2 days. This was not easy as most of hotels in the area were booked and I was not familiar with the city. After I secured another hotel I called Casa Chueca and canceled with 24 hour notice. I explained why I was unable to stay there and they advised me that I would be charged for one night since I did not cancel 9 days prior in accordance with their policy….an impossibility since I booked the hotel only 4 days prior. I explained that they should have advised me about the renovation prior to my booking since certainly that would have been a material factor in my decision of whether to book with them. I am an experienced traveler and involved with the travel industry and it is my experience that when a property is under renovation this information is always on the website and/or on the confirmation.
My concern fell on deaf ears as I was promptly charged for the one night. I believe it was deceitful to advertise this property without at least a mention of the extensive renovation going on at this facility. And certainly it was poor customer service for Casa Chueca not to understand my concerns and to charge me for the one night. There clearly was no economic burden on Casa Chueca from my cancellation as the reservations were wide open when I made my reservation just 3 days prior to my cancellation date. And given that I cancelled the day before and other hotels were full in the area, I feel that they just took advantage of me since there was plenty of opportunity to rebook my room. In fact I wonder if they did double dip.
In any event there are plenty of far nicer places to stay in this neighborhood and no need to bother with this place or with people who are so greedy that they will take your money no matter what it takes. I will visit Madrid and the delightful Chueca area again… but Casa Chueca will never again be part of my experience.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple