As written in a previous review. Location, location, location... I am so glad I choose this hotel. Convienantly close to the metro (1 min walk to Seville station). This hotel is right smack in the center of Madrid. 5 min walk to Plaza de la sol. 10 min walk to plaza mayor. One big thing I loved was we got there at 11am after flying all night. The hotel had a room for us . I was delighted so we could sleep for a few hours. in past experiences we had issues with other hotels not checking us in due to arriving to early.No probelm- Big plus for me.
As for the hotel it had a modern feel.The room was clean. The bathroom was bigger than I thought.We had a balcony. Cable ok. Breakfast was good. No complaints.
The only reason I didn't give it a perfect rating was you could hear noise outside your door. ie. people walking, talking, maids working, breafast plates clinging(we stayed in room 209) .Also at some points of the night we did hear some street noise. Nothing to crazy but we did hear it. Not a big deal to us because we were so tired. Not a deal breaker either nor was it a big deal. The only thing I would change is to get a room on a higher floor due to the street noise.
I do have to say the staff was great. Always willing to answer your questions ,or letting you use the internet on there computer.(though could' nt get wifi to work in the room) Very friendly staff. The bald guy was soooo nice to us he went out of the way to help . I think his name was Arturo. I would hands down stay here again. Me and my wife really like this hotel. It really was a pleasure to stay there. The price was very reasonable for right smack in the middle of the city. 8.5 out of 10 rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historical, cultural and Shopping area of Madrid. Inside the landmark triangle formed by the Puerta del Sol, Alcala Street and Gran Via Street, surrounded by the best restaurants, shopping and entertainment areas. The hotel is one of expressions of most unique design of Madrid. A majestic building of the early 20th century, whose decoration has been designed by Tomas Alia, one of the most popular and recognized Rooms Designers in Spain. 62 Double rooms, four of those are Superior with private terrace, and one Junior Suite. All of those are exterior, perfectly soundproofed, with natural light, individual air-conditioning, Minibar, business area, Free WIFI, work desk, free safety box. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quatro Puerta del Sol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quo Puerta Del Sol Hotel Madrid
- Quo Puerta Del Sol Madrid