“Awesome Location”

Ranked #177 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
Brooklyn, New York
“Awesome Location”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

As written in a previous review. Location, location, location... I am so glad I choose this hotel. Convienantly close to the metro (1 min walk to Seville station). This hotel is right smack in the center of Madrid. 5 min walk to Plaza de la sol. 10 min walk to plaza mayor. One big thing I loved was we got there at 11am after flying all night. The hotel had a room for us . I was delighted so we could sleep for a few hours. in past experiences we had issues with other hotels not checking us in due to arriving to early.No probelm- Big plus for me.
As for the hotel it had a modern feel.The room was clean. The bathroom was bigger than I thought.We had a balcony. Cable ok. Breakfast was good. No complaints.
The only reason I didn't give it a perfect rating was you could hear noise outside your door. ie. people walking, talking, maids working, breafast plates clinging(we stayed in room 209) .Also at some points of the night we did hear some street noise. Nothing to crazy but we did hear it. Not a big deal to us because we were so tired. Not a deal breaker either nor was it a big deal. The only thing I would change is to get a room on a higher floor due to the street noise.
I do have to say the staff was great. Always willing to answer your questions ,or letting you use the internet on there computer.(though could' nt get wifi to work in the room) Very friendly staff. The bald guy was soooo nice to us he went out of the way to help . I think his name was Arturo. I would hands down stay here again. Me and my wife really like this hotel. It really was a pleasure to stay there. The price was very reasonable for right smack in the middle of the city. 8.5 out of 10 rating.

Room Tip: look to get into a corner room . Even better on a high floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scags217
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Nice hotel and if you use air con and not open the window is also quiet. The prices are compared to location, room spec., cleanliness, breakfast and very good service outstanding. We had a suite for 110 Euros incl. breakfast. I would come back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Kabul, Afghanistan
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed four nights in June and I was thrilled with the price and location. We walked to the Prado, Plaza Mayor and del Sol. Little coffee shop next door was great for morning espresso and pastry (save yourself the breakfast cost). Our superior room was over the top! The bathroom had a HUGE jacuzzi with double doors that opened to a small terrace. The larger balcony had table and two chairs -- ideal for morning coffee. Street view as stellar. The nice man at front desk (sorry I forgot his name) arranged for us to get last minute Lion King tickets -- for Friday night show! and he also changed and confirmed our reservations at Corral de la Moreria. Great service!!! Would stay there again no question.

Room Tip: Spring for the Superior Room. We were on the top floor with fantastic view of the street and the jac...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
ENGLAND
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel in Madrid in November 2010, then returned there November 2011.
. Its within walking distance of all attractions. 2010 breakfast was poor and I did complain but in 2011 the breakfast had improved alot .If I returned to Madrid I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel is ideal, if you have just a few days in Madrid and want to reach everything in short time. Since neither of us speaks any Spanish, the very helpful staff at the reception (I'd like to mention especially the bald guy...) helped us out a lot with restaurant reservation etc... One has to say that the building quality is not too great although everything is still in good shape. Breakfast is good, but extremely so. Overall I'd return to this hotel, also because it's quiet despite the central location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple