“Good traditional cocido madrileño”
Review of Manolo

Manolo
Ranked #1,886 of 12,982 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 60
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Arguelles
Description: Find out our January Wine Events in the Facebook Page:RestauranteManoloWe offer daily menus (lunch & dinner).If you are looking for a genuine Spanish cuisine restaurant where tasting excellent typical Spanish dishes and “Tapas”, that´s your place.Enjoy having a “Caña” (beer) or a wine with some our famous “Tapas” such as “Chorizo”(highly-seasoned pork sausage), “Jamón ibérico” (cured ham), “Queso manchego” (cured cheese from La Mancha), “Calamares fritos” (fried squid), “Pulpo a la gallega” (octopus from Galicia), “Gambas al ajillo” (shrimp in garlic sauce)… and a wide variety of them.In order to guarantee the freshness and quality of our recipes, we personally import our fish and meat from the Galician shores and fields, making a significant difference in the taste of our dishes. Do not leave Madrid without tasting our dishes of genuine galician and madrilian cuisine such as “Cocido madrileño” (typical stew of Madrid), “Callos” (madrilian typical sticky casserole of veal tripe and cheeks), “Bistec de ternera gallega” (veal steak from Galicia), “Solomillo de vacuno” (veal sirloin steak), “Merluza a la gallega” (Galician recipe of hake), and a large list of dishes.A professional wait staff with our kitchen team and a classical decoration and furniture that evokes the Spanish restaurants of the early 20th century make the client experience unforgettable.
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Cocido is a typical madrid dish, which is composed by some different boiled vegetables as potatoes, chickpeas, etc. Also with ham, meat, chicken,...
If you want to try it is one of the best places where you could do it. It’s in a nice district of madrid.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I was very pleased with the food, the surroundings and the service. A great meal with good, traditional food. Well worth a visit!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with some friends as it was close to our hotel. We didn't have a reservation, but had no issues, as they were able to accommodate us.
The only problem we had was communication. I speak Spanish but my two friends didn't, nor did the waiter. The menu was all in Spanish and they didn't have an English version... It took us a while, but we managed.
The food was delicious. The price was OK. I recommend this place.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I had the tomato on toast, beef tribe stew, coffee jelly with ice cream and coffee. All were beyond my expectation!! Really amazing food at great prices! Very local, so only Spanish menu and Spanish speaking waiter but you won't regret!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Perhaps Manolo's is considered to be a little pricey, and I've even heard it described as conservative, which wouldn't be my thing really, but the few times I have been for Breakfast there, I enjoyed it fully. I asked for toast with butter, and although it was just one slice of toast, it was truly delicious. I asked for an Americano coffee, and I was given a black coffee along with a pot of hot water in which to add the amount of my liking to the coffee. I was also given a glass of cold water, which came in handy for my medication! I like this place and it gets a thumbs up from me.

Date of visit: June 2017