“Excellent location & value”
Review of Hotel Preciados

Hotel Preciados
Ranked #20 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Fahan, Ireland
“Excellent location & value”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed in Preciados Hotel with my mother & sisters on the 19thof April for 3 nites. We had 2 ajoining rooms between 5ppl . Bathrooms & rooms were very spacious. All of the hotel staff were very friendly & accommodating. Although breakfast is 15€ pp the choice,qty & quality of food is superb. Directly outside the hotel is a pharmacy Hairdressers & plenty of resteraunts. Plaza mayor is 10 min walking
Where u will find more resteraunts & a must is the market Bar. If u fancy sight seeing the Palace is also 10 min walking. The shopping street Grand Via is 5min away. The beautiful park with it's boat pond puppet shows, music & coffee shops is really fab & only 4 stops way on the metro. Staff made us feel very welcome & When we were leaving all of the waiters came out to wave us off. I will definatley stay here again When i go to back to Madrid.

• Stayed April 2012
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Preciados, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your positive comments on Tripadvisor about our Hotel Preciados.

Thanks for commenting our central Location, surrounded by the Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, the Almudena Cathedral, Royal Palace and just a short walk from the three museums, Prado, Reina Sofia and Thyssen, the special new Gourmet Market San Miguel and the lovely Retiro Park. The kindness and good work of our Team and the variety and quality of our Breakfast Buffet.

We are pleased that has been good in our adjoining rooms specially created for families, standard room with double bed and twin standard room, we also have another possibility junior suite and standard room with double bed.

We are pleased that all the Hotel Staff made ​​you feel “at home”.

Hope to see you again soon.

Best regards.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
buckingham
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. If we come back to Madrid will definately stay here:)

Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I spent 7 nights at Preciados Hotel in April.

I stayed in a Single room. The furniture was not set up in a practical way so as to maximize the space and it was quite annoying. The bed was big and comfortable with good A/C and free mini-bar but they won’t tell you about it when you check in. . If you’re a woman with long nails, you won’t be able to open the bar that seems to be bolted shut. Wifi connection was good with my netbook and smartphone. Location is good on a pedestrian street which is my preference.

When I was escorted to my room, I noticed that there was no place to set my suitcase. I asked the hotel porter who told me that’s how it is. I found that to be unacceptable and called reception trying to explain what it was that I needed. A foldable suitcase rack was brought up immediately.

Extra pillow and blanket are stored in the bottom of the closet but not in a protective bag, just lying there so I wasn’t inclined to make use of them. The room and hotel need renovation. The dried up Air-wick in the bathroom was a turn off. Also, the hotel gets quite noisy.

Room service: I got a bad cold during my stay and wanted a hot tea before bed. It took me 5 minutes to order; I had to speak to two different staff members until they understood that I wanted tea. It was brought up very quickly but I could hear the waiter sighing in aggravation at the door. The next morning, he had the same demeanor and didn’t greet me.

That same morning, I was quite unwell in the bathroom and had the Do Not Disturb sign hanging from the doorknob when the cleaning lady started knocking on my door and rambling on in Spanish. I just yelled back “no”, “later”. It took 30 seconds before reception called me asking if I wanted my room cleaned that day. I had to say when I’d be out of the room.

I had breakfast on my last morning. It was a good spread but too expensive if not included in your hotel price.

In general, I found reception staff to be helpful and “friendly” only if you asked for something. I was welcomed in a big rush and was asked to pay part of my cost in advance which has never happened before. Noone besides the doorman said hello or good-bye; reception never addressed me unless I did so their “friendliness” didn’t feel genuine.

I was left unimpressed and disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Katherine B
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Preciados, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Guest.
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us. Whilst I'm pleased to note that we fully met your expectations in terms of cleaning, location and wi fi .I am very sorry to read of the difficulties your experienced with the minibar and yours nails. I' m sorry the other question but we can not agree with your opinion because you spent every day about 30 minutes in recepcion asking news addresses or the same street with differents staff and you know that the housekeeper was finally the service at 07.00 p.m. and you were waiting until the last time and we had to make a phone call . And your rooms was a single room with a very low rate I hope you can give us another chance and we can accommodate you again on your next visit to Madrid.

Best regards

Javier Calle
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Great location - easy walk to everything you want to see in Madrid. Lovely, helpful staff. Comfortable room - small, but perfect for those out all day catching the sights. Reasonably priced, as well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great front of house / reception team. Always helpful and take their time with any query.

• Stayed April 2012
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Preciados, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest.
Truly appreciate your review, it is so pleasing to read that we met all expectations. Thank you also for the nice comments about the hotel staff. I will share the comments with them.

Thank you again and we do look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future,

Yours sincerely,