Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$ 158
Free cancellation until 20/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$ 158
Expedia.comUS$ 158
Melia.comUS$ 176
ZenHotels.comUS$ 204
3,240 results
All reviews level service ventura rodriguez level experience level room metro station royal palace excellent hotel breakfast buffet modern hotel lounge gran gym hallway conference spain sinks
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2020

We were due to stay at this hotel on May 25th. The hotel was still closed and our flight had been cancelled which was clearly out of our control so we requested a refund. Melia refused despite this not being our fault. We were offered vouchers which we explained is not appropriate - our son has asthma so we are not going to be risking any travel for some time plus we are still grieving having just lost a family member to this awful virus. We are not in a position to want to travel for a very long time and Melia showed no empathy when we explained our situation. No contact with Melia for a month despite asking for updates. Hilton on the other hand were proactive and helpful - a cancellation and refund was no problem which showed the vast difference between both hotel organisations.

Date of stay: May 2020
4  Thank EHarv25
Reviewed 27 May 2020

I made a reservation at this hotel for the night of May 16, 2020. I received a notice that my reservation would not be honored because the hotel was closing for that time period due to Corona. The hotel would not give me a refund but rather a voucher which I won't be able to use because I will not be back in Madrid in the next year. I understand that the room was non-refundable but usually that assumes I cancel. If the hotel cancels you should get your money back. Be careful with this one.
David Hauser

Date of stay: May 2020
2  Thank dlhauser
Reviewed 17 April 2020 via mobile

Hi, we have booked three nights at this hotel for May 2020 via booking.com and due to the current epidemic, unfortunately we had to cancel our trip. I reached out to this hotel directly via email and got confirmation that I will get refunded without cancellation fees since it won’t be safe to travel to Spain next month. The hotel told me that I have to reach out to booking.com to get refunded , which I did. And now I just got an email from booking.com saying that when they reached out to the hotel directly, the staff at the hotel said I will not get a refund because it is a non-refunded rate! This creates a horrible customer experience and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!

Date of stay: April 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank luf988
Reviewed 17 March 2020 via mobile

This hotel does NOT deserve any stars!!! Due to the worldwide spread of the coronavirus, there is a travel ban for Europe from the USA and other countries. As a result, we are unable to take our dream vacation. I contacted the hotel several times requesting a refund or a credit and despite of the increasing cases and deaths in Spain, the agent by the name of Maurico Moreira told me that the booking conditions are restricted and cannot be amended or canceled without full penalty.The hotel's management/sales agents are very callous, have no compassion or empathy for their guests!! They are NOT willing to offer any solution despite what is happening but just to take our money and quote their policy. They also denied the requests made by our Travel Agent. Other hotels and the airlines are working along with millions of other travelers to provide credits and vouchers because they understand that everything that is happening is beyond anyone's control. They should be ashamed of the standards being portrayed!!!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Passport631790
Miguel M, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Madrid Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2020

Dear Passport631790,

Please, try to contact with us directly and ask for me (Miguel A. Moral). I´m really sorry this mistake because we are cancelling and refunding the bookings without penalties.

Waiting notice from you to solve this situation asap.

Miguel A. Moral
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2020

My room was not been clean 1 of my 4 days stay at the hotel. Shower system is poor not for 4 stars hotel. Real disappointed. The service was good but I'm not impress with my room and shower at all.
Location of the hotel is ok.

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
1  Thank pong9932
Miguel M, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Madrid Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Dear Pong9932,

We are very sorry if your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Be sure that your comments will help us to keep improving our service and product.

We look forward to receive your visit soon and we remain at your disposal.

Miguel A. Moral