Melia Madrid Princesa
US$ 276
US$ 233
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Novotel Madrid Puente de la Paz(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$ 96
US$ 91
  • Pool
NH Madrid Ventas(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$ 135
US$ 122
NH Hotels
US$ 162
US$ 139
  • Pool
Ibis Madrid Centro(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$ 105
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 241
US$ 229
Only YOU Hotels
2,515 results
All reviewslevel loungeventura rodriguezlevel servicegrand premium roomlevel experienceplaza espanametro stationroyal palacetapasexcellent hotelpaellaper daybreakfast buffet ismodern hotelcentral locationmain attractionsbusiness hotel
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights specifically because they had suites with a private whirlpool in the room, and we wanted to do something fun and romantic for my birthday. It was a little bit pricey for our budget but it fit the description of what we wanted so we went for it. It really was great! The service and accommodations were excellent. With out suite we also had access to The Level, where we had a open bar and gourmet snack area from 11am to 11pm. How great! That really helped even out the cost for us. Plus it's literally 20 feet from a metro stop, so that was extra convenient!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MeliaMadridPrincesa, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Madrid Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear customer,
we do really appreciate your time taken doing this review. These wonderful comments motivate our human team continuing making effort to get our customer experience a completely satisfactory stay.

We are looking foward to welcome you again in Meliá Madrid Princesa.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2012

This hotel is a 4 star hotel in a great location. worth paying extra for rooms with a view as you can see the Royal Palace.
Smart lobby with nice seating. Rooms are comfortable with great beds and pillows. Didnt eat here as there are lots of great restaurants in Madrid.
The plus point for this hotel is it is opposite the Ventura Rodriguz metro station making it easy to get into central Madrid (Puerto del sol is 3 stops)

Room Tip: go for a high flooe with a view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CheshireDave33

Dear customer,
we would like to thank you for taking some of your time making these valuable comments.
We do really appreciatte your comments which help us to improve our service making our customers have an unforgettable stay with us.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in Meliá Madrid Princesa.

At your disposal,

Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was my first visit to Madrid and I can't say enough good things about the attentive staff. I flew in from Seattle via Philadelphia and looked like 90 miles of bad road when I showed up at 9AM on Saturday. The desk clerk (wish I'd gotten his name!) was kind enough to stow my bags, direct me to the best breakfast buffet outside of the old MGM Grand in Reno and quickly make up a room for me that was vacated by an American airline crew.

The room was spacious and clean and the view from the 11th floor was amazing. I read previous reviews and saw the comments about the funky lights and lack of customer service. The lights were weird but tolerable and I saw no evidence of anything but 5 star customer service during my four days there.

The food was very, very good and I reintroduced saturated fats into my diet in a big way (note to self - check cholesterol soon). The aforementioned breakfast is worth the money and try the caffe con leche for that fabulous caramel jolt until anywhere else. I got a kick out of the very young bartender who made me a "perfect martini" which consisted solely of vodka and crushed ice, with a side of Gummi bears. Not that I'm complaining....

This central location is perfect for getting around the city. The neighborhood is safe and surrounded by lots of shops, restaurants and as many Starbuck's as my office in Seattle!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to treat themselves.

Room Tip: Higher is nicer! Don't skip the breakfast buffet. The paella, fritatta and sweet Iberian ham and the things of dreams.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LuAnn7777

Dear customer,
we thank your for taking your time making these valuable comments that will help us in our day by day improvement.

We will be delighted of receiving you again in Meliá Madrid Princesa.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed at Melia Princesa last year and wrote a review where I described the good points (quite a lot) and the bad ones (not so many, but there were some).

One year later and things have not changed much. I found customer service to be better than last time, the girl at reception was nice and her colleague who provided me with a map the following day was also very helpful. No complaints on this regard, which was actually the major flaw I found last year. I also tried the restaurant this time and the food (a mixture of western and asian styles) was pretty good, with big portions and, as expected, a big price too. This was not a problem, though, as we had a discount coupon for 40 euros which we promptly used with the lunch, so it actually ended up being a bargain!

The problem was, again, in the very nice but not that functional room. And there's not much that can be done about it... The hotel was refurbished in 2008 and it's pretty obvious they won't do it again in some time, so it is what it is: I'll say it again, the room is really nice and modern, the bed huge and comfy... but the light switches are very confusing (I lost count of how many times I unintentionally turned the bathroom's lights out while my wife was in there, and also woke her up a couple of times when I switched the wrong one in the middle of the night...) and washing one's hands require more flexibility in the wrists than I actually have at my age.

If you can overlook this, and the fact that there was some visible mould in quite a few parts of the bathtub (no big deal for me... It appeared in my bathtub at home too and I know how bloody hard it is to remove, if at all), it is still a very good hotel, with a great breakfast and in a fine location. My personal circumstances will probably prevent me from going to Madrid again next year but, If I can, I will likely choose Princesa again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed here for one night on a business trip at the end of January. Hotel is in a great location in the heart of the City, just 2 minutes walk from the Gran Via & Plaza Espana. Despite being so centrally located, I did find my hotel room fairly quiet, it did help I was located on the top floor (12th) but my room did overlook Gran Princesa, the views of Madrid & the surrounding area were breathtaking.
My room was large with plenty of amenities although waiting for hot water for the shower was something I wasnt expecting, lack of English speaking channels on the TV was a disappointment but not an issue for one night.
I didnt eat in the restaurant but the breakfast choice was excellent with plenty of choice in a large dining area, the staff were very friendly & check in & out was very efficient.
I would stay in this hotel gain whether on a business or leisure trip

Room Tip: Ask for high floor room with a view although it does mean waiting longer for the lifts, ask for a room away from the Gran Princesa for extra quietness
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business